Family Board Games

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by talktoheather, Dec 15, 2013.

1. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

So family time is coming up. Any fantastic board games that you'll be playing with the family? friends? people off the street because you need an extra player?

I'm hoping santa got my letter with my wish for The Little Prince : Make Me a Planet because it may be the most fantastic new game this year!

2. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

We like board games here. I will have to check out the one you are referring to Heather, as I have not heard of it.

My littles are little so we play things like Candy Land, Sorry, Scrabble Junior, Memory, Bingo, and a few others we have collected.
    We also like card games as well.

3. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Uno is our all time fave, just because all ages can play and I have kids from 6 to 15 :)

4. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Our family likes word games like Catch Phrase and Bezzer Wezzer. We also love to play Pictionary.

5. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

My kids love games, but they're little so we play a lot of memory, sorry, candy land, etc. My hubby and I love ticket to ride!

6. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

7. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

Cranium. It is fun to play in teams both adults and children together.

Tamara

8. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

Cranium is such a blast. My friends have been having a lot of fun with Cards Against Humanity but I haven't made it to a game yet. I mostly play Head Bandz with my nieces and we have a lot of fun.

One of my friends has a show on YouTube in which she and her daughter review toys. They just did a review of Boom Boom Balloon and it looks like a lot of fun - even if it's a little intense. The object is to not burst a balloon!

9. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

We have been having family domino night every Saturday and it has been lots of fun. I am looking forward to my boys getting a bit bigger so we can do more board games.

We love Settlers of Catan (Cities and Knights is my favorite expansion, but we do Seafarers quite a bit as well), Puerto Rico, and Bohnanza.

10. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

we love card games and pictureka and rapid dough is another favourite here this year im buying the logo game

11. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

We LOVE LOVE LOVE "Fact or Crap." A lot of the questions are hard so even the adults don't know & it's lucky guess time. It gets lots of laughter. Even my hubby plays sometimes & he isn't a game guy.

Otherwise I'm all about Life, Clue, all the classics

12. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

When it is adults only - Cards Against Humanity can't be beat for a night of laughter. With the kids, we play uno, yahtzee, forbidden island, & Tsuro.

13. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

With the kids, the favorites at the moment are Blokus and HedBanz: Disney edition. I know you have a lot of Disney fans in your family, so even though it's a kid's game, they would probably like it. :)

14. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

There will be games under our tree! Christmas just isn't the same without a board game or 2.

We bought DD Sentinels of the Multiverse, she doesn't usually enjoy cooperative games but she is in love with this one.

I bought Quarto for DH which is a 2 person strategy game..he's been wanting it for years.

There will also be X-Wing miniatures expansions for both of them under the tree. They bought the base game over the summer and really enjoy it so DD bought DH 2 expansions and then DH and myself got DD two expansions.

We got Word on the Street for my SIL because she asks us to bring it every time there is a family board game day.

I know my brother is planning on getting every family a board game so it'll be interesting to see what he chooses for everyone.

My entire family is made up of gamers...it's super fun when we all get together!

15. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

We're also getting some friends that are coming to visit us for New Years King of Tokyo. Have you played that? It's super super fun! I adore it.

16. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

we love blokus, 5 second rule and the logo game at the moment

17. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Thanks to this thread I am adding all sorts of things to my Amazon wish list. :)

18. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

We had a blast, but totally 100% ADULT ONLY and you have to know VERY WELL who you are playing with. Feathers can be ruffled EASILY!

There is a board game called Puerto Rico as in the island? Cool!

I LOVE IT TOO.

19. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

btw. We love headbandz!

20. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

If you like Disney stuff, I just got a game called Kids vs Parents - super fun trivia style came with a few weird challenge type things thrown in. You could easily also play against other adults. We had fun with it on Thanksgiving.