Tell me what do...Scrapping Dilemma

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Jun 26, 2013.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I've been playing a huge game of catch-up on my Project Life album. I am currently scrapping the 2nd week of May. (OK...don't judge! LOL) We went to Disney World that week. There are way, way too many pictures to fit in my usual double page spread. So, I am torn...

Here are my ideas:
    1. Do a double page spread for each DAY we were there and include it in my PL album

OR

2. (Sigh....another Scrapper's Confession here. Feel free to judge this time. LOL) We have a previous Disney trip from 2008 during which I took 635 pictures. None of them have been scrapped. (ACK!!) So, my other idea is to have a new album just for our Disney trips. I would use Krista's fabulous Project Mouse and, hopefully, get both trips done pretty quickly. If I do this, I would just show a few highlights in my regular PL album.

I am totally open to other ideas or suggestions too...

2. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

I would go with #2 (because that is what i need to do with my own Disney pics...lol) (i do hybrid/paper, so i would add an extra 6x12 insert in the middle of the week spread with highlights)

3. Amy Wolff

Amy Wolff Amy Wolff

I vote #2 also. A highlight of the trip with an extra insert sounds perfect for project life...and having a separate Disney album is really a necessity to get all the details scrapped.

4. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

OPTION #2... I think you would be happier with it... my OCDness would want to stick to the two page spread for the week w/ maybe an insert and just highlight the trip and a few fave pics and a note that says you have an album for the travel pics... otherwise my OCD would feel very ADD with they change of going from weekly to daily and back to weekly... it's why I do Ali's Week In The Life as a separate album too and just highlights of the week in my PL album

5. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

I would go with number 2 too or burn them onto a disk and slip that in...

You could scrap the pages digitally or burn just the photos or created a power point presentation with music...however elaborate you want to go.

6. lmccandless

Same here!! Way too OCD...it was bothering me. And I agree it...I will definitely need to mention the full album. Cross reference. LOL

Yes! Maybe I could do something in iMovie to show all of the pics in PL...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

option #3
    let your brain totally relax and do some art journaling, and hey, there is this cool challenge...skinnys? lol

8. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I would go with #2 but still do a few favorite pics and put them in your PL week.

9. lmccandless

:idea2

10. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

And I'm only now starting my PL pages for April, so I don't feel sorry for you. LOL!!

11. lmccandless

Maybe we need a "Get Caught Up" support group?! You can do it!

12. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

You guys don't even want to know how far behind I am :blush

13. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I'm finishing up a book right now. For 2008. So hey. LOL
    In 2008, we took a couple of trips of town and I have tons of pics. So my idea was to get a second book just for trip photos. Obviously I will add in my support for option 2! And 3 as well! :D

14. jenny

jenny jenny

I agree with the second option. I think even if you give Disney extra space in your PL album you still may feel limited in how much you're able to include.

15. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

haha I can't judge .. I'm so far behind Project Life I haven't even started :giggle

I vote for Option #2 though I think that sounds less stressful :)

16. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I also think option #2.

I've only completed January....I have a lot of catch up to do..but I'm convinced that once we get settled I can do it. Lots to document from the last few months!

17. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

I like the idea of the multiple trips to Disney album. That way you can do just one spread of the BEST pictures from your last trip for your Project Life kit. And don't feel judged by me. I started an album from last year & I only made it to late February! LOL!

18. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

i have many many vacations albums to get aught up on and I am doing those in separate albums too :)

19. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'd go with option #2. I am in the same boat as you. I am soooooo far behind on my PL. I need a couple of days to do nothing else but catch up on my pages. That's not going to happen so I'm going to have to grab a few hrs here and there and get at them.

20. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

No judging here (I am currently working on Week 19 ;)). :)

I would go with option #2 with Project Mouse, but just scrap the latest visit for now (the 2008 pictures can sit for a while longer). And add an insert or two in the regular PL album.