I'm not sure I'm cut out for gardening.

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by la, May 21, 2013.

1. la

la A closet sap

I'm not sure I'm cut out for gardening.

I somehow managed to bruise the palm of my hand today while working on the garden. What. What the crap man. This is like the fourth time ive hurt myself working in this stupid garden. Please tell me about your personal ridiculous injuries to make me feel less like a clutz. Oye.

2. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

We put down mulch in the yard last Tuesday, resetting all the little concrete edging things and pulling a billion roots. I couldn't even hold a pencil on Wednesday because my hands hurt too much from pulling those roots. My dad even called to check on me because "you're not really outdoorsy and I figured you would be sore!". Well, yep...

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Gardening is way more complex than what people give credit to.... that crap is hard!!!!! I have been able to kill everything I have tried to grow on soil. (with the exception of my orchid, which my sister tells me it's a parasite and just what I needed).

4. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

Well, I know I'm not cut out for gardening, so I don't even try it. No stories, because, well...I don't try it. :)

5. Brandy

Brandy I love, well, everything

Lol I'm still convinced my grandma didn't pass on her gardening (of either food or flowers) gene on to me because I'm the worst lol. I'd be here listing all day how I hurt myself trying to do this lol.

6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am just sad how happy I am that I got grass seed to sprout! Think old lady staring at ground on a daily basis, til a bit of green rears its head. Just pitiful!

7. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

:rofl

8. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

Well, I've been doing alot of the same, so things are looking beautiful around our home, but my body hurts in places I didn't know it could! :-/

9. vixen

vixen Pink Parrot Head

my arms were still shaking the day after I finished the weedwhacking,
    and was in bed for 3 days after ax'ing a dreadful root :(
    (wishing there was a yardwork fairy) :)

10. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

I have never hurt myself gardening....but that's because I don't garden!! One year, my husband's grandfather came and tilled a patch for us, all I had to do was plant some seeds and weed it. I got the seeds planted, but weeding was an epic fail!

11. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Hmmm, I'm seeing a correlation between scrapping and gardening, obviously two incompatible hobbies. I too, have no green thumb - weeds count as greenery don't they?

12. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I haven't hurt myself gardening (yet!!!) but the leaves of some of the plants give me hives! The tomatoes are worth the itchies.

13. vixen

vixen Pink Parrot Head

omg :giggle cleaning up the lawn!?! lmao
    [​IMG]

14. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I leave the vegetable growing to the farmer people. They conveniently set up a stand where I can go buy it on the cheap all summer.

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yeah, I'm not much of a gardener either, but I keep trying. Can't say I've injured myself gardening, but I am a total clutz too, so really it's just a matter of time. LOL!