What's the last movie you saw in the theaters ?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by la, May 20, 2013.

1. la

la A closet sap

What's the last movie you saw in the theaters ?

We went to see Star Trek in IMAX 3d last night. Connor liked it. Jacob was mediocre and I was angered at it hahahha. Apparently we can't agree on anything. What's the last movie you saw ? Did you love it ?

Ps. I hate 3d. It makes my head hurt. This did not help.

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

the last movie I saw was Top Gun in 1986? I think? I was never a fan of being in the dark with lots of strangers watching a movie...bhhhaaa

3. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

I can't remember the last movie I saw...Hunger Games maybe???, but I think it was something a little more recent than that. It has been at least six month, though.

My husband and I are going out to see Star Trek tonight...not 3D...we're not fans of 3D movies, either. He's the Trekkie and I'm along for the ride.

4. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

3D movies give me a headache too. Esp without the glasses b/c my brain wants the image to be crisp and it really strains my eyes. UGH!

That said... the last movie we saw was Cars 2 with the kids... and it was daytime. :giggle

5. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

We just saw IronMan 3 on Mother's Day. :)

6. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

The last one I saw was Oz The Great and Powerful back in March when we were up visiting my mom. Their little theater doesn't have 3D. DH hadn't been able to go see it with us, so he and the kids went and saw it in 3D here a few weeks ago. I usually don't mind 3D, but I don't have the patience to sit through a movie more than once, so I skipped it.

7. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

The last one I saw was The Impossible. It really was an incredible story and had personal appeal to me because we lived in Indonesia at the time of the Tsunami. Before that - The Hobbit - in 3D and I totally agree with you La, Hate 3D! especially 3 hours of 3D!!!

8. Litabells

Litabells Sings off key but still sings.

Last flick I saw was Wreck It Ralph, with my girls. For the life of me, I can't remember the last grown up movie I saw lol Maybe the final Twilight movie? Or was it Ted? Either way, it clearly wasn't all that memorable lol

9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

The Croods as a family, before that Brave with my friend and her kiddos.... if you mean like without kids... then it would be Harry Potters (the first movie). LOL!!!!

10. Dana

Dana Dana

ha - i see a movie almost every single weekend :) i have loved loved loved movies since high school (my high school BF and i were members of the film festival in our town - we thought we were very sophisticated LOL) ... i haven't been in two or three weeks though due to my daughter's gymnastics schedule (DH and I usually go on friday nights) - so the last movie i've seen is Mud.

11. Cherry Limeade

Cherry Limeade New Member

Us too! In fact, after all of the previews aired I told DH that he might think about taking out a loan for all the movies I want to see that are coming out this year.

12. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

The last we saw was Hobbit in 3D. I used to hate 3D too.... But watching Avatar in 3D totally changed me! It's one beautiful beautiful movie!

13. mishou

mishou mishou

Just went to see Star Trek yesterday too. I loved it! :) Didn't think I could possibly hold Benedict Cumberbatch in higher regard after his awesome performance as Sherlock but hot damn that guy can act. He was amazing in this.

Next on the "to-see" list are Iron Man 3 and Now You See Me

14. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Can't wait to see Iron Man3 and I too am in love with Benedict, great actor. Last movie was Escape form Planet Earth (just average - a bit forgettable) - also the 2D version, my 10yo hates 3D, I don't mind it. Love going to the movies, just don't seem to have the time to do it regularly..

15. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I saw Star Trek on Wednesday night as a sneak peek. My boss invited me to go with him and his kids as he knows I'm a fan and it turned out his wife had school. I was a little scared of the 3D but it turned out all right for me (and my sometimes nauseous tummy)

16. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Ah man I love going to the movies. Sadly we don't go much with a 6 month old and three other little kids... I think the last one was James Bond a few months ago.

17. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

The Great Gatsby. Sensory Overload!! So glad we didn't see it in 3D. I probably would have vomited.

18. carrottop

carrottop Member

Dh gave me the weekend off a couple of weeks ago, so I went solo to see The Host. It was so nice to not have to take anyone to the bathroom or help them find stuff they dropped on the floor in the dark...:thumbs up:

I liked the movie and thought the premise was interesting. I want to read the book now.

19. nun69

nun69 Active Member

we don't do 3D movies, but the last one I saw I think was the Twilght #3 and I actually liked it cause I am kinda of a dork like that.....but the best movie I have ever seen in theater was Schindler's List :)

20. cherpea

cherpea Well-Known Member

Silver Linings... imminently forgettable!