digital cutter.

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by talktoheather, Jun 27, 2012.

1. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

i really can't decide.
    sigh.
    i love them all.
    i've watched videos on youtube, read reviews, dreamed about them...
    so please! enable me.

which do you have? why do you love it?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Keeping an eye on this thread too. Seems like I should own one too even though I swore I'd never paper scrap again. But, I see so many cool things made with them!

3. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I have 2 Cricuts (lg and small) and a Wishblade and I don't use any of them, which causes me MUCH GUILT.

4. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

I don't have one. They sound very cool, but I know for sure I'd never use it. I had my cousins Cricut here for almost a month and used it one time.

5. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I have a Pazzles which I use very often and LOVE. It can cut all the same file types as the Cameo and other machines. The two things that really sold me on it were the ability to cut nearly all materials in one pass and the versatility of the machine. I really enjoy making chipboard albums, so I wanted a machine that would cut chipboard in one pass. The Pazzles does it. In addition to paper, I've also cut vinyl, stencil plastic, stiffened felt and fabric, and rubber stamp material. It has lots of tools: pen, embosser, engraver, piercer and distress. There's also a rhinestone tool, but I haven't used that one. As far as the versatility, I am *really* loving the pastry tools because the Pazzles cuts fondant, gum paste, etc... even cheese LOL. Pretty darn cool to get all of that from one machine. It's more expensive than some other brands but totally worth it.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  6. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

Oh my gosh I thought I wanted a Cameo until I looked up the Pazzles. And they have the deal where you can get it for less if you sign up for a subscription to the craft room. I think if you get the $99 deal it ends up being close to the same amount, you just get to spread it out over 2 years and you get access to the community, files, etc. I'm thinking I know what I want to ask for for my birthday this summer!

7. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

I've got the KNK Maxx and love it, although I don't use it as often as I should/would like to

8. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I have the Silhouette (the SD) and I seriously believe it is the best invention ever! Every time I use it and it does its magic, I am in awe of how well it works. :) I use it for print & cut, you can see some of my projects here on my blog.

9. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

OH wow, that pazzles looks awesome! I have a feeling it wouldn't get much use here though, and I don't know where I'd put it! I already have several sewing machines clogging up my bedroom :(

10. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

I have the Silhouette (the SD) too, and I love it. I used to have a cricut, but got tired of having to purchase cartridges. With the Silhouette you can use any fonts/images - so it is a much better investment in my opinion.

11. charmedeebob

charmedeebob Heather's Team

my hubby has a Silhouette and really likes it. he does nerd/gaming "hybrid", its quite funny to me :) he finds all these template and patterns for cutting out little character games or card boxes for his board games, and used to do it by hand. now he uses his Silhouette and it goes much faster :) I also have given him projects, he created a gift card holder for me to use for the kids teachers. It's been fun to have around for us!

12. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

What Cristina said. I have the Silhouette (SD) also. The latest model by Silhouette is the Cameo. The SD is no longer for sale.
    I LOVE my Silhouette and I'm constantly amazed at what it can do. My husband even said, "you sure got your money's worth out of that machine" and it's true! You can see all my projects on my blog here.

Oh and this entry shows how I took a digi layout and made it into a paper layout using my Silhouette.
    http://www.listgirl.com/2012/06/scrapbook-layout-sunny-san-diego.html

13. jackieclayton

jackieclayton CT - Krista Sahlin

wow this is so cool! i was about to buy a used Cricut but glad I opted out... the silhouette looks much cooler! putting it on my xmas wish list! lol!

14. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

I love my Cameo. It's beautiful. :wub

15. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

Never really cared for one but after having seen the Cameo and Pazzles I think I might desperately need one!!! LOL

16. sucali

sucali sucali

I was reading about the Silhouette Portrait which is not so expensive...
    Maybe this would be good to start?

When I have something to cut, how does it work?
    For example embellishments for PL. Do I first print it with my printer and then the Silhouette cuts it?

17. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

I have an old silhouette. I would buy a Cameo in a heartbeat. Especially with your digi skills you could cut anything!

18. Cristina

That's correct. You need to open the file in the Silhouette software to trace it and get the cut marks, then you print it with your printer, feed the paper to the Silhouette and the magic happens! :)

19. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I have the cricut and used to use it all the time before digi got in my bloodstream... then I got the cameo and to be truthful I don't even know where the STILL CLOSED box is.

20. Cristina

Oh no Dalis!! You cannot let the Cameo sit there to collect dust! Send it my way and I'll put it to good use! :giggle