Soda Steam anyone??

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Brynn Marie, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

Who has one?? What do you think??

We have been looking at them for a while...now that the price has dropped a lot and we are seriously close to getting one.

2. DoodleBop

DoodleBop Just call me Sweetcakes.

oh, I wish you had posted this yesterday. They were 50% off yesterday. I want one and almost bought one, but didn't. I have heard really good things about them which is why I want to get one.

3. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

We have one. Wes loves it! I like a few of the flavors. Its super convenient. Thumbs up!

4. amandajane

amandajane amandajane

Our family had one when I was a child. I loved it then and have been thinking about getting one.

5. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

We also had one when I was a child. My mom bought it at the state fair. I don't think it was called soda stream, but something like that. It was really cool, and I have considered buying one for our family too, there are just so many things on my list of wants that it hasn't made it to the top yet. :)

6. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

we used to have one when we was kids and i used to add to much fizz on purpose he he,id love one now but think it would just be another gadget to gather dust

7. jojoma

jojoma Member

Sorry to change the subject... but I love your siggy Ms Brynn Marie. That is too cute.

8. Tiff

Tiff I don't need no stinking playlists!

We have one and love it. At first we just did plain fizzy water. I did not like the samples of the flavorings you could add. Even the ones called "regular" (not diet) had a diet taste to them ... and then I read the ingredients and saw that they even had artificial sweeteners in them, even though they were called "regular". I did not like that. So at first I just stuck to plain fizzy water.

Lately I've been making my own sparkling apple cider. You let the apple juice concentrate sit in the fridge overnight so it liquifies. Then you fizz the water and pour a little out to make room for the apple juice. I use Langers apple juice concentrate and I pour in half of it (so it actually makes 2 bottles of sparkling apple juice.)

Another hint I have is to recycle the cartridges. If you take the metal bottle back to the store, they will give you a new one at half price. But I don't know if that service is offered everywhere. I do mine at my local Ace Hardware store, but I've also seen them at Target, and I doubt you can exchange the cartridges at Target.

9. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I had to google this...I had no idea what you were talking about (a new press-iron?) LOL.

10. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

:giggle

Thank You

11. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

Thanks Ladies :) It's mostly for DH...he is a HUGE soda drinker...but Tiff that Sparkling Apple Cider sounds fun and such a great tip about the cartridges. I'll have to check around and see of anyone here does something like that.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  12. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I love it! We've had one for years because the only water I ever drink is sparkling water. I'm spoilt like that. :giggle

13. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I'll have to try that with juice. I love the whole idea of it. We have one, but I can't drink any of it because I have a horrible reaction to artificial sweeteners of any kind. I've been trying to get my BIL to give me some Mt. Dew syrup (he works for a Pepsi bottler), but he won't. Bah!

Thanks for the tips, Tiffany.

14. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

can you use juice in it or anything like that? it would be worth it if you could make your own carbonated juice drinks, but i doubt i would use it with their flavors, and i don't drink sparkling water.

15. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

We JUST got one! And so far we love it because my hubby drinks fizzy water every day and I hated him buying all those plastic bottles and all of those little bottles add up. So far we love it! My hubby drink only the plain seltzer water and me and the kids like it either plain or flavored. For the flavors...I'm not a fan of artificial sweeteners (splenda, etc) that is used in a lot of their flavor bottles but they also make the "Sparkling Naturals" which I'm going to buy because they use only real cane sugar. They also sell "MyWater Essence" flavors that are not sweetened. We will be sticking to those only! I just need to find the best place to buy the flavors!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  16. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

the only one that drinks anything fizzy is hubby and he only does coke. He now drinks Coke at parties only.

17. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

I wanted one but the price was killing me. DH wanted to start kegging his beers. So instead of a soda stream I now have soda water kegged and on tap. (this whole contraption was probably the cost of a hundred soda streams, but at least it now has multi purposes)!~