Newbiee here!!

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by amandascraps, Nov 18, 2012.

1. amandascraps

amandascraps New Member

Amanda here! One of the MANY Amandas at TLP :P Just stopping in to announce that I will be starting my first project 365/life etc. for the year 2013! -- I am horrible at keeping up with these kind of things, but I really want to push myself to do it!

I was wondering if I can get some input from those who have been doing this.. Do you guys prefer doing it day by day, week by week or month by month? How do you keep on top of it? what products do you focus on using mostly for these pages?

THANKS GIRLS!! XD

2. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Welcome! I do P365, so one photo a day, 7 photos per layout. But I'm looking for a change for 2013, so I'll be looking here to see what kind of ideas you get :)

3. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

I have never done a 365 project before but wanted to say Hi and Welcome!! :)

4. itsmeamanda

itsmeamanda New Member

Welcome! I do mine weekly, and have managed to stay on top of it with the exception of a few weeks. I've not let myself get more than a week behind or else I knew that I'd give up.

I've come to realize in the past few weeks what a difference page protector designs make. I almost always love my Design A spreads more than any other designs.

5. amandascraps

amandascraps New Member

Thanks for the welcome gals :) and thanks for the input so far!! Hoping I can make up my mind before 2013 is here! -- But right now I am thinking about doing a weekly thing.. That may change though! Who knows!! HA :P

6. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

Welcome Amanda! I am doing a weekly Project Life (2 12x12 spreads per week, plus inserts occasionally as needed). I agree with the other Amanda's tips :) about staying caught up. Working on the latest page is always a great way to keep up.

7. Tracyfish

Tracyfish President of the not-so-clean plate club

I'll throw in the "stay caught up" tip too. I did 3 years of P365 photo-a-day with 7 pics per layout and this year I'm doing Project Life. PL is definitely more challenging since I'm making them digitally and then printing out...but it's also been pretty cool to be able to include "real" items too. Not sure what I'm doing in 2013 yet.

8. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

I'm planning to try a P365/Project Life thing for 2013. I say this every year, stick with it for about a month and then fizzle out.

So again... I am going to try. No pressure. No failure. I'm going to do what I can. I did buy the digital Project Life templates... going to give those a go for 2013! :)

9. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

I love the Project Life, week at a time, style of documenting our lives. Some weeks I do one page, other weeks I do 2 pages with a couple o f inserts. There's so much freedom to be as creative as I want to be (i.e. by including 8x8 layout inserts, using 12x12 layouts for one page of the spread or using the page protector with 4 6x6 pockets and putting 4 layouts in them, or "decorating" my cards with scrap stuff) or to just print the pics and put them in the album. I'm having so much fun with this!

I got the multipack of protectors, and I love mixing it all up, but A&D are my faves, so for next year I just got the big pack of those 2 styles, as well as some multiphoto inserts.

10. amandascraps

amandascraps New Member

what great input girls! thanks for all the lovely encouragement!! XD

11. scrappup32

scrappup32 Currently starring in Hoarders: Digi Disarray

I'm really interested in trying this too! But the main thing is I want to keep it simple so that I keep up with it. I have some question too and posted them in another thread so as not to hijack this one...
    Thanks for all the neat ideas!

12. mom2triplets04

mom2triplets04 Member

I do mine weekly as well. 7 photos per page and sometimes including more than 7 photos depending on my week. I add journaling cards in the extra spaces. I keep a checklist with all the week numbers and dates on it. So as I complete the week I check it off. I have managed to keep up except for the summer which I fell behind about a month and I'm still trying to catch up on that. This is my 4th year doing project 365 so I'm always taking photos. Helps when you have an iphone. Unfortunately, this year I did lose my point and shoot nikon camera but also have a canon SLR. I asked my husband for a new camera for the holidays so I'm hoping in a few weeks I will have a new point and shoot as my iphone doesn't take that great photos.

What I did was I took the page protectors and made a basic template that I use over and over again each week plugging in the photos and journaling cards. I sometimes rotate the template or make the photo bigger into 2 pockets depending on my photos for the week.

13. ang517

ang517 New Member

I'm also looking to change from a P365 style to something else. I like the idea of a week in review style - still trying to get a pic a day but not absolutely focused on that. More about getting 7-10 pics to cover the week - no matter which day or days they come from. I can get so stuck on my own "rules" and I want to force myself to loosen up in 2013. I've definitely gotten better this year by switching from computer journaling to hand writing & using a core kit half-way through the year. That was a really big step for me. So in 2013 I want to go further and break away from having to be so chronological & precise every single day.

I still want to work on it one week at a time and as much as possible keep it to a 2-page spread for each week (w/inserts when necessary).