Scrap Confessions...

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Jenna, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

This is me as far as CT pages go. I don't get upset if they AREN'T used, I get all excited if they are.

But the GSO thing... some of those pages that are picked make me go WTF?

AJK likes this.
  2. amandajane

amandajane amandajane

This is me too!!
    The layouts I like the most get very few comments and the ones where I end up thinking, 'oh I'm not happy with this at all but I couldn't be bothered starting over now' are the ones that get a lot more comments.:shrug

3. yellowpeep

yellowpeep Spaaaarrrrrkkkleeeee

Me exactly. My confession: Funnily enough I think I enjoy organizing the products as much as I enjoy using them. Sometimes I just sit and gaze at all the pretty things I have and it blows my mind to think of all the potential they have among them. Then I get all intimidated and go eat some chocolate.

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  4. liahra

liahra Active Member

i'm afraid of big photos. i love looking at them, but not scrapping them. i think i got a mental block right there!

5. liahra

liahra Active Member

this was me no longer than 14 months ago!
    i worked on it by scrapping with awesome templates, saving up for graphic design/scrapping classes and study pages i loved by other scrappers. oh wow, i've learned so much!

all in all, you can do this! (if you really want to) :)

:heythere

6. Ronisdragon

Ronisdragon Why can't someday be now?

I wish TLP offered classes! Has this ever been considered? Does anyone know? I'm starting to love templates. I want to get some new ones! Thanks so much for your encouragement!

7. nessa9116

nessa9116 New Member

cleaning up my scrapbooking table is getting me so anxious it has been sitting there so messy for weeks and I have been trying to just work on top of the mess....but it has gotten to much.
    I don't know where to start.

8. Jenna

Jenna Jenna

OMG, you guys are cracking me up!! Thanks!! LOL

I am a total white-space scrapper and I know that's why I have some mental block when it comes to clustering. Really wish it didn't intimidate me because my white-space layouts look SO BORING in the gallery sometimes!!!

Another comfession... I am giddy when a LO I do gets more than three comments. Giddy. And I get my feelings hurt when ones I love don't get many at all. So depressing! LOL

9. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

I feel like I am stuck in a major rut...I can't remember the last time I scrapped a page without at least starting with a template.

10. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I'm like you Liana... I LOVE to organize my stash, and I often go through it when I want to scrap but just don't have the mojo.

I just don't get comments sometimes... some pages I don't really love get lots of them, and then some pages I LOVE get none at all. And last month I got a GSO that made it to LOTW on a page I really don't like! I was happy to get it, just not for THAT page, KWIM?

11. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

My scrapping confession is that I scrap wayyyyy more pages of my 2 girls than my 2 boys. I need to be more fair and rotate, but it just seems so much easier and more fun to do the girly ones.

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  12. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I also buy tons of kits and then don't use them. I'm getting better at that though!

13. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

I cannot use patterned backgrounds to save my life. I love the look, but I cannot do it.

I feel like I'm in a rut with my style - like I'm doing the same thing over and over.

I have all these great ideas in my head and things I want to try but I get frustrated when I can't figure it out, or it just comes out ugly. And I don't have tons of free time to play around anymore.

14. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

I can't do a clean and simple page LOL

and for those of you wondering about GSO? When I was at MSS, I avoided signing up for GSO and just signed up for tutorials and challenges because it totally stressed me out for the very reason of knowing that people will be disappointed or hurt in my choices and some of them being my friends... and my other confession that has to do with GSO... when I go through galleries... the ones that stand out to me are not the full page lots of paper layers, clustery goodness pages like mine... but the ones that I can't do myself... like the white space and clean and simple pages... to me they're GSO because they're so difficult for me to do LOL... I know it's weird but those were the layouts that popped out at me in the gallery... probably because I was so very jealous that they could do a gorgeous page without throwing everything from the kit on it LOLOL

my last confession... TLP scared me to death when I first started hanging out here... I was a one kit scrapper through and through and so BYOC scared the crap out of me and I would totally avoid that challenge because I had to grab stuff from 3 different designers to create my page LOLOL... but at the same time I'm so thankful that I was introduced to TLP because I have grown so much by being so challenged here in trying new things and I've created some of my favorite pages ever because of how challenging it was for me to scrap with more than one kit and to really see my layouts in a different way and now I can't imagine creating a page without paint or stitches or mixed media type of stuff or mixing several kits together... or even falling in love with Project Life which I initially thought looked boring :giggle but it's FAR from boring and has been so much fun!!!

15. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I don't think I've scrapped without a template since 1932.

16. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

Not only do I have a million kits I have never used, I never get rid of anything! I have kits that are from 2004!

17. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

This is not a confession. This is a badge of honor. I would LOVE to be able to mix stuff!

18. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

You guys are cracking me up. :)

19. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

me too - I'd love to learn how to though

20. liahra

liahra Active Member

studio rosey posey has a great tutorial including layered templates for easy clustering - it's in her shop :)