30-Day Shred?

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by mlewis, Mar 9, 2012.

1. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

Anyone doing this? Done this?

I started this week and after the first 2 days was in some serious pain!!:cry But I think Day 4 must have been the magic day because I was able to finish all the reps and today almost all soreness is gone. I've heard of people getting really good results from this.

2. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

I love 30 Day Shred. I love all of Jillian's videos. I remember when i first started them a couple of years ago and I thought I was going to die. Not so much anymore :) It gets easier - but I still have days I am sore - especially my shoulders after week 2 program....

3. Ams

Ams New Member

I have it and love it! good solid work outs in a snap!

4. Keely~B

Keely~B Klicker That Just Klicks

I've done it before. I give it credit for getting me back into the routine of exercising regularly. I think it's awesome because it's so short and you should notice results pretty quickly.

5. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

I really need to get into them again... I injured my back the first time pretty bad... but I'm terrible... I'm never able to complete the 30 days... I don't do the whole 6 days a week though, I usually alternate between this and Jillian's Ripped In 30 DVD and running... when I'm back into my running routine I'll do 3 days of running and 3 days of either of the 2 DVDs

6. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

I did this in 2010 and really firmed up and lost some weight. I would like to do it again, but I don't know where to fit it into my exercise schedule right now, LOL. I run 3x per week, do strength training 2x per week, and go to interval gym class once a week. I would love to have a "DVD Day" where I rotate in a bunch of different ones though.

7. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

I've done it too and gotten results pretty quickly. I like the workout but I did burn out pretty quickly after a few weeks. I think Christine's idea is a good one, rotating a DVD workout once a week seems like it would be ideal.

8. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

I've done her work outs too and definitely see results! The one that I like is the No More Trouble Zones... that gets almost all muscles in your body, including ABS! :D

9. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Yep - done the 30 days straight actually once, and now I use it on a rotating basis! If you stick with it you really will see results in 30 days! I love the fact that I can be done from start to finish in 30 minutes!

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yep, I have it, and I love it. But I do remember the first day, or rather the day after the first day, and I had some choice words for Jillian for making me hurt SO BAD!

11. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

does this work ya tummy muscles,because i dont need to lose any more weight now but could do with working on the belly flab ?

12. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

I have it. Also ripped in 30, BFBM, No More Trouble Zones, 6-week 6-pack and last chance. I have gotten out of the habit though and am trying to ease back into the scene with last chance. PLUS, i managed to injure my wrist and can't do ANY of the plank moves. BOO. Jillian is ALL about plank. :(

I always wondered about the soreness. I have heard that you should wait to work out again until the muscles are no longer sore, but after a Jillian work-out, my muscles are sore for a WEEK!

13. AmberR

Yes. 30 day shred is broken into intervals: strength, cardio, abs.

14. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

Yeah, I actually really like her system

3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio and 1 minute abs... 3x and you're done...

I'm just having troubles getting up early enough to workout LOL... it's so hard with 3 little ones and cosleeping with the baby... I don't want to wake him up by getting up out of bed... I know, I know... I'm good at making excuses LOLOL

15. AmberR

where's my crown? I'm the queen of excuses....:P I mean, it's only TWENTY minutes, c'mon! why can't i make myself do it?! :P

16. estir_bune

estir_bune No, it's snot

I had a real back slide... with my daughters diagnosis last year, my step son having issues in school, my husband quitting his job to focus on his business and a really harsh rejection (all though it was given with smily faces) from a digiland designer last year kinda just topped the stress cake and threw what little mojo I had left into the garbage... My scrapping went to pot, I gained 8 pounds when I should be still losing and I just totally felt like crap - but I am hoping that is all about to change - I just went out and bought this DVD and I am going to seriously try and commit to 30 days of it... I NEED to get out of this funk and get back to where I should be... Thanks for all of the reviews of this and keep your fingers crossed that I can follow through... it's only 30 days right????

17. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

amber, i've always heard the total opposite... that you should actually work through the muscle soreness and rest after your 3rd or 4th consecutive work out. ??

this thread is exactly what i was looking for. i've been thinking about getting one of her dvd's. hubby is doing p90x, but i just don't have a full hour EVERY day to dedicate to exercise. i know that sounds lame, but it's true. a 30-min daily would be much more pheasable.
    also, i don't really need to 'lose' so much as tone, so maybe the no more trouble zones would be a good one for me?

18. AmberR

Yah - NMTZ is good - it's a 45 min workout though, 30day shred is only 20 mins. I have split it up and done 20 one day and 20 another. I need to re-tone (lost it all - gaaah!) and I HAVE to do the circuit training because if I'm not burning the calories, I'm building them. Chocolate - it's SO my downfall... Ever noticed how HARD it is to work out when you are sick though? :P

Oh - and thx for the info about muscle soreness. I've ALWAYS wondered that. I mean, how do they do it on TBL? They must be sore ALL the time! ha ha!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  19. Ronisdragon

Ronisdragon Why can't someday be now?

If I'm really out of shape, as in no really exercise for a year, does this start at too challenging a level? I'm looking for exercise that will give me results but not be so hard I can't do it. I also have exercise induced asthma. I'd love your feedback! Thanks.

20. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

It's not advanced in terms of skill, but it's definitely a tough 20-25 minutes if you're a beginner. You can always just do as many reps as you can. I know that by the end of day 4, I could tell a big difference in strength and endurance.