Are you late or early to the party?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Patti, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Patti

Patti CT4Val, Heather, Sabrina

I was at my dr's app't yesterday and I was chatting with an older lady in the waiting room while waiting. She asked what time my app't was and was surprised that I was 20 minutes early. She said, "I'm always running late and never can seem to be where I need to be on time".

So, my question is... are you always fashionably late? or do you like to get there and be ready, free of the stress of running behind?:happydance

2. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

i'm usually right on time... or maybe 5min early. rarely am i anywhere super early because usually i have kids in tow and i'd much rather have less waiting around time wherever it may be i'm heading. if i'm by myself, i'm usually early-ish - 10-15min.

3. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

same as Amy, if I'm by myself I'm usually 10-15 minutes early... but with kids in tow I'm usually right on time or only 2 minutes early lol

4. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

mostly right on time or a few minutes late, and I hate that, but it is what it is right now in my life!

5. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I'm usually early or just on time if I can plan it that way. I hate being late!

6. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I try to be right on time or a few minutes early. Drs appointments are hard, I have discovered, because sometimes, you can luck out by getting there early and get right in and out, and then there are times when you can arrive early/on time and still wait for what seems like hours. I don't like to be late though!

7. 1girl1boy

1girl1boy Miss Glee!

if it's just me, habitually early. but since that rarely happens i claim it a victory when we get anywhere on time. the usual culprit responsible for our tardiness...my husband! LOL

8. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I should preface this by saying that I don't like being late. It's not for lack of organization...I just do not have an internal clock at all, so time tends to get away from me. So, it's this basically...

[​IMG]

9. Patti

Patti CT4Val, Heather, Sabrina

LOL, Laura.. love it!!!

10. milo82

milo82 milo82

I hate being late...but for me it depends on wether I'm bringing Lina. If she's ready in time, if I made sure everything was ready to go early. But my mom says I'm always late since we have Lina...she adds up 15 mins to the time we're supposed to meet up! Thanx mom...haha

11. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

I'm usually 5-10 min. early, right on time, or *possibly* 5 min. late... but rarely. I like to be on time, hate to keep people waiting. :flirty

12. judet

judet Active Member

Cutting it very fine. Or just late. Almost always, people are shocked to see me at the school gates if I'm there when everyone else is :). I'd blame it on getting the kids rounded up, but I'm just as bad on my own, I'm really rubbish at managing my time and also at estimating how long things take.

13. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

I am never late, always early. Being late really stresses me out!

14. Dana

Dana Dana

i used to be early for everything - but since i've had kids i am ALWAYS running late :( and my DH is ALWAYS late - after 12 years, i've gotten used to it - but it's still annoying !

15. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

I hate to be late but it happens. I'm usually early but can't say 'stress free'! LOL

16. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

I used to be rather late. And unfortunately I still am sometimes. Especially if it's just me... If I'm with DG, we are always early or right on time. He can't be late if he tries..so we balance each other out. Like Laura, I don't *like* to be late..somehow it just happens.

17. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

Yes, this. I stress my DH out if we are running late. He purposesly sets our alarm clock ahead just for me.

18. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Tardiness is a huge pet peeve of mine. Alas, DD and DH will not travel by themselves in a separate vehicle when we need to be somewhere! :giggle If it's just DD and me, we are either early (ideal) or on time. If DH is involved (or worse yet SS), we will be at least 15 minutes late (if not more).

To my mother, when she tells you to come at noon, she means the food will be ready at noon, so she really expects you to be there between 11:30-11:45. To my mother-in-law, when she tells you to come at noon, she means that noon is the first time that popped into her head while she was talking with you and food will be ready anytime between then and 2 or 2:30, but realistically, sometime between 1 and 2. This has a lot to do with why I'm always early and DH always late.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  19. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

right on time or a few (maybe 5) minutes early

20. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I seem to get places too early or late, never on time!