Monday, Monday!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by emmasmom, Jan 9, 2012.

1. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

Another weekend over...sigh

What's on the agenda this week? We are trying to get our house ready to list at the end of the month so I am trying to pack up everything that isn't essential for us to live. It's going to be a crazy couple of months here but I can't tell you how excited I am to live in a place that's not 80-100 degrees everyday all year round. The warm weather this winter really pushed me over the edge!

2. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

It is Monday, huh?!?!? And we're starting off the week with rain so not too much will happen early on except a little more organizing around the house. My goal this year is to get rid of the clutter and stuff we just don't use anymore so I'm using our small bedroom as a staging area for a yard sale this spring.

3. christineirion

christineirion christineirion

Back to work after 18 glorious days away. Ughh.

4. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Today: gym and then groceries and then haircut
    Tomorrow: Dr appt for the little one

... should I go on? My life is the anti-exciting. LOL

PS: I'd take 80 every day. :D

5. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

I will tell you...I felt that way when I lived in NY. I grew up in the North and moved here when I was 27. It's really nice for about a year...and then you start sweating on Halloween, and Christmas and New Years. You can't ever wear boots and a cute sweater or you will get heat stroke. It's always hot with the exception of a random few days in Jan/Feb. Running outside-forget about it. If you don't go at 5 am or 9 pm it's a joke. The tropical climate is not what it's cracked up to be. It was seriously a huge factor in making our decision to move (that and the crappy schools, bad job situation, etc). You would miss the seasons, I promise :)

6. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

I feel your pain, Kelly! I HATE the hot, humid weather in the South. I grew up in Louisiana. Saw snow for the first time when we moved to Tennessee. I was 24 and totally making snow angels! lol. I love the seasons, and here there is only one...Summer! Seriously, I've been running the A/C for the last 3 days!!! Grrrrr! The only reason I was willing to move back here was that ALL of my family is here. And while I'm sad to leave them, I'm soooo ready for the 4 seasons again and the nicer climate in VA! :)

This week, I'm starting to go into the office 3 days a week instead of 1. That means Noah will be going to PDO with B two days a week. (My aunt watches him on Wednesdays.) I have mixed feelings about it, but know it's the right thing for our family. Besides, it's only for 6 months, then we'll be moving.

I think we'll be listing our house on March 1. I want to wait until after birthday season is over in February. A process I'm not looking forward to! I've yet to figure out a plan for keeping it "show" ready at all times with two little rascals tearing it up!

7. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

I can't believe another week's here!

My dd and grandbaby are here for the week. So, I hope for lots of visiting and picture taking.

8. mommatrish

mommatrish mommatrish

Just Ryan's birthday tomorrow. We're taking him to Incredible Pizza (just me, him, and John) for dinner tomorrow and then letting him go to the store to pick up his present. He's super excited.

9. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I agree about the running part! I was all gung ho to move south until I started running. Then I was like um.... I barely handle running in OHIO in the summer. Haha.

10. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

I'm so so excited for you Kelly!!! I know the moving process is such a whirlwind but I can empathize about having no love for extreme heat and/or humidity. So big fat woots! And lots of luck as you start to get everything ready!

Today is the first day back to school for Bugga after winter break (which was three weeks long, btw and totally seemed abnormally long to me, lol). And I'm driving my sister and her boys to the airport after a 5 day visit..which was awesome! DG left on Saturday too for a couple months so now it will be just me and the bug. Will probably take a couple days to adjust and then it will be our regular routine and lots of (I hope) normalcy. :)

11. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

We finally have a full week of school/work schedules here. (Thankfully!) Lots of errands and laundry today - nothing too exciting. I also take the dog for acupuncture again today, which has been really beneficial and interesting. Tomorrow is my PL work day and I am excited to put my first week together! Otherwise, I am continuing with the organizing bug that always gets me this time of year.

12. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

I would love a few months of your weather Kelly, but I do like the seasonal changes.

DH birthday is today so I feel like I should do something special....but no ideas are jumping into my brain.

13. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Trying to get my house in order and start packing for our vacation - it's gonna be a busy week! Making a run to Target too - always fun! Got my workout in already, so that's nice as well. Other than that it's much of the same until Midweek when I have to go into work again.

14. 1girl1boy

1girl1boy Miss Glee!

Back at work for me. Yes, I am sneaking on at school thanks to my iPad and students finishing up maps from last week. It's gray and storming here today, making me long for Christmas break and my bed all over again. Today would be the first day of track practice, but i have my post op appointment later today so that should be fun. After that, it's home for dinner and finish laundry from this weekend.

15. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I'm not looking forward to work today, but I am glad that I have some time off coming my way! I'm off on Wednesday and the Wednesday after that and then I'm off a whole week! I'm calling it my "craftcation" - I want to catch up on and finish a bunch of projects.
    And my new iPhone should be arriving today. Love getting new toys to play with! :)

16. simply-j-studio

simply-j-studio Member

Mondays are busy around here... early out day for the kids and lots of their extracurricular stuff falls on Mondays. So, basically a lot of me playing chauffer.

Weatherwise, I'm with you! I love the warm weather... in the summer. By the end of winter I'm ready for it to be warm, but I also like the seasonal changes.

17. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Catching up on homework/reading while DD and little mister are away visiting her dad. Finishing up a couple of little projects. Getting some writing done. Getting ready for little mister's 2nd birthday and party (Sunday). Lots and lots to do!!! I've got all of my stuff picked from Pinterest and have to get busy on the crafty stuff and decorating. (Darn, Pinterest anyway... can't have a *simple* party now.) I can't believe he's going to be 2 already. Sheesh.

18. Patti

Patti CT4Val, Heather, Sabrina

Another work week here. Today I went to the surgeon, tomorrow after work I have a staff meeting, so a 10 hour day. Ugh, lol. Other than that, just a normal week of being a wife and mother with some scrappiness thrown in:)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  19. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

Two boys had oral surgeon appointments today. Both of them are getting their wisdom teeth pulled next week. Other than that, a little cleaning...made dinner...kind of a laid back day.

I'm going to get the house cleaned either Tuesday or Wednesday, do some scrapping, and then work Thur, Fri, Sat and Sun.

20. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

Kelly, how exciting for you!

We listed our house with two rugrats! It was stressful! You can never keep it clean with the kiddos playing. When someone would call for a showing I'd just grab everything that was out of place and throw it in our van or the dryer!

I spent most of the day doing Little League advertising. I became the secretary of our league last Summer and honestly never envisioned how much work it would be. Tomorrow I am going to work on my Project Life and I can't wait. I have a lot of photos and ideas and haven't had a time to do anything yet.