Pad Patter 1/7 - Laundry

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by melrio, Jan 7, 2012.

1. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

Its Saturday and around here there is a ton of laundry! OMG, how can 2 people mess up so many clothes & towels?!?!?

So the question today is......how many loads of laundry do you have?

2. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

We have 5 loads not including sheets! And I did 2 loads on Tuesday!

3. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

We live in an apt with coin op (one washer and dryer for 6 units)..the issue this week is the coin bucket is full so we can't do laundry (my neighbor called the landlady last week and her son took off with the key to Florida) so we're way backed up (we just came from vacation as well). We probably have about 10 loads of laundry...maybe more. We've decided to go to the laundromat this weekend rather than try to fight with everyone else that hasn't been able to do laundry for a week. Normally laundry isn't my friend anyway and I always feel like I'm fighting a losing battle.

4. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

5 kids. Don't ask.

Although I did a ton this week so I probably only have a load or 2 currently dirty.

5. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

I've got a ton!! I'm on my second load and still a huge pile.

6. Karah

Karah Karah

I think I do about 7 loads for just clothes - then 2 loads for towels and two loads for sheets. Although I don't do sheets as often as I probably should. HAHAHAHA.

Actually, I should re-phrase that because as of this summer, my oldest son does all of the boy laundry which is about 3 of the clothes loads! So I can't claim that one ;)

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Currently? I have two half loads... but to be fair I did mine this morning. We have a laundry chute down to the basement which is wonderful to keep the mess out of our rooms, but sometimes I don't go down to the basement for awhile and then I go down to find a mountain of laundry! :) I am rarely caught up on laundry so who knows how many loads in a week. It just never ends! LOL!

8. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i feel like i've done laundry every day this week. *sigh* it's never ending! i'd say we have a solid 5 loads left, not counting those that are done and need to be folded (although those are all towels or kids' clothes). maybe tomorrow... maybe not.

9. Dana

Dana Dana

oh man - i have a ton ...i did very, very little over the holidays - and now it's just piled up and is overwhelming me! i think i'll tackle at least 3 loads tomorrow - and then one a day for the rest of the week - that should get me caught up - i hope ...

10. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

For the last almost four years, I have made it my goal to only do laundry one day a week. I do it start-to-finish because I can't stand having it hang over my head. It is usually a job I am working on all day and sometimes into the next, but I like it all put away before I go to bed, then I don't have to worry about it until the next week :)

I usually do 5-6 loads that day.

11. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

Laundry is my friend. I've never had a problem with getting it done, folded, put away, etc... I do about 4 loads of my own, but they are small loads of gentle cycle things. I never wash mine with anyone else's in the family. Then a few loads of towels (I do the boys because I bleach them...I know they'll never think to put bleach in the wash). Sheets are another few loads.

My boys do their own, but they never finish it or put it away. It sits in a basket in their rooms. I'm NOT putting away laundry of 20+ year olds! kwim?

My husband also does his own when he's home and not working...or I should say, I don't do his, so if he has nothing to wear, he'll finally start a few loads and get it done!

12. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I do everyone's. I usually wash my DH's separately cuz they're grungy. His work clothes are dry-cleaned. I used to do laundry as it accumulated, but now I just save it for one day and get into the groove. I've got five loads lined up at the moment and I can probably find two more if I am motivated. Otherwise, they'll keep until next week. That is partly the reason we each have enough socks and underwear to get us through a couple of weeks at least. :p

I'm like Debra and don't mind laundry. I've got it down to a fine science. It is dish washing I hate.

13. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I wash MY sheets once a week. The kids... not so much. LOL

14. shaynesgirl

shaynesgirl All I need is a pink Corvette!

We save up all our laundry for the weekend and with a boy in the house... very active..... that likes to change his attire often..... we generally have 6 or more loads plus sheets/blankets. Husband does the washing, I fold and put away. Somehow I think he has the easy end of the deal. LOL!

15. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

I do laundry 2x per week and normally have 3-4 loads each time. But I don't separate colors, I don't iron, and I jam the machine as full as I can. :)

16. Patti

Patti CT4Val, Heather, Sabrina

I probably have 2 loads to do. I try to do a few throughout the week so it isn't such a daunting task on the weekend. It is the putting away that gets me...lol!

17. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

This is me! It's the only housework I really don't mind at all. I do about 6 loads a week and I don't let anyone else in the family touch it! My kids are still too little anyway, and my husband always seems to wash on the wrong cycle, or put things in the dryer that shouldn't be. Probably I'm a little too OCD about it, LOL!

18. itsmeamanda

itsmeamanda New Member

Right now, I'm caught up on the actual washing and drying. Folding and putting up is a whole nother story. There are four of us, and I think I wash at least 6 loads a week.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  19. 1girl1boy

1girl1boy Miss Glee!

laundry. the bane of my existence. it's never ending around here and there's just 4 of us. ugh.

20. kimbytx

kimbytx New Member

I probably do 2 to 3 loads a week for just Kenzie and I. David likes to do his own clothes. Then a load of towels, sheets etc.