borrowing-lending ebooks

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by AlliJ2008, Sep 20, 2011.

1. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

In Self magazine this month they list 3 sites that have e-book lending...I haven't checked them out yet but I know there are a bunch of us on here who use the Kindle or Nook or e readers of some sort.

lendle.me (kindle, mac, PC, ipad, iphone, android)

ebookfling (kindle, nook, smartphones, ipad)

gutenberg.org (pc, kindle, ipad, iphone, android)

I am headed to go look at them now! I hope this is something good...

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Hmmm... I'll have to check this out too! Thanks!

3. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

Well, I signed up at Lendle Me last night & tried to add my books. A lot of the ones I have bought on my Kindle are "unlendable" like the entire Fever & Highlander series. Oh well, I did have 4 books that worked then I couldn't find one they had that I wanted to borrow! Sooooo, it may not work for me but I was excited to find it. If someone borrows my books then when I get $10 they give you a gift card to Amazon so that is worth it to me alone. I still have to check out the other 2 sites.

4. tania

tania Clap Hands, Save Fairies

You can lend books in your Kindle to people for 2 weeks. Me and a friend do this all the time. We coordinate who is going to buy what, and have cut our costs in half, hehe :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  5. tanbanan

tanbanan New Member

Tania~ will you mention some of the books that you've been able to lend. . . I've only been able to find one or two of all of my books from Kindle that are even lendable. I feel like Amazon has made this feature available, but it's hard to find on their site and not very convenient!

TIA!

6. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

as im in the uk im unable to lend mine,they dont allow it here

7. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I don't think any of mine on my Kindle are lendable. It's really quite frustrating.

8. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

After starting this thread I found out that almost none of the books I bought on my Kindle can be lended. It is really frustrating! Why? I know it is about the money but I wish there were more available for this feature.

9. tanbanan

tanbanan New Member

I wish Amazon would listen to their readers and compile a list of lendable books. . . by doing so, they may in the process actually sell more of those titles because people would be willing to purchase them if they knew a friend could borrow it as well!

10. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

I agree. Lendle.me actually recommends people list their kindle books even if they aren't lendable so that Amazon can see the need for it. I think it has to do with the publisher too. I was able to borrow the first 2 books in the Hunger Games trilogy so it made it worth it to me that I signed up. I did have about 4 books that are lendable so I put them on the list. If someone borrows them then I get more points to borrow more books. Even just getting 2 free books (I almost never re-read mine anyway) was great. I saved at least $20.