The Bronze Horseman - how's your progress? (please no spoilers)

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by HeatherB, Jul 21, 2011.

1. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Oh my goodness - we do have some quick readers here!

I got book 2 from the library and will ask the library to purchase book 3 in the series - that should get it in around 6 weeks from now.

Also I just started Here Be Dragons and I know I'm going to be hooked,

Oh, and very late to the party, I finally got Matched from the library (it has been on hold all that time), and read it over the weekend - loved it. But it is too far from The Giver for me to decide which I liked best. Neither would have been books I would have picked up on my own.

2. Dana

Dana Dana

i finished the first one a week or so ago - and am now finishing up my re-reading of the fever series .... and i also read the help again before i saw the movie ... so now i need to start on #2 so that i'll have TBH on my brain again LOL!

3. Beckie

Beckie Active Member

Well, I made the mistake of re-reading the sookie stackhouse books. And of course, I couldn't stop until I read them ALL a second time. :) But luckily I am a very fast reader, so it only took a few weeks. I'll have to load up my kindle with all these books you guys are talkign about! I did look, and unfortunately it looks like next month's book isn't available in Kindle format.

4. Dana

Dana Dana

i think we are doing here be dragons next month, right? if so - it IS available for kindle - here :)
    http://www.amazon.com/Here-Be-Drago...?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1313538142&sr=1-1

i got it last month, but haven't started it yet ...

5. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I am really struggling with Book #3. For those thinking about reading the whole series, I definitely recommend #2, but at this point (I'm 30% through it) I would have a hard time recommending the third one (Summer Garden)

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Good... LOL! I have so many other books I want to read! :)

7. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

Can you say why without any spoilers? I haven't bought the 2nd or 3rd book. I liked the first one but may not read the rest. I just don't know if they will keep my attention & there are so many others on my list. I would love a good excuse to skip them! lol

8. mrs2a50

The second one kept up with the same storyline as the first book and has the same tone and style. It really "completed" the story for me. The third has deviated from the original tone (IMO) and feels like it's more "let's write a third book for the sake of writing a third book." If I had ended with Book #2, I wouldn't feel like I was missing out on anything. But I will let you know for sure when I finally get through it.

9. mrs2a50

Okay, I just read through the descriptions of all three, and I don't think I'm giving any spoilers -

#2 continues where #1 left off, with Tatiana and Alexander trying to come together after being separated. 1 flows into 2 very naturally.
    #3 follows Tatiana and Alexander in their new life in America. It feels very disjointed from the first two, like it could basically be a stand-alone book instead of a series. I'm also finding it quite depressing at times.

10. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I'm almost finished with book #3. I'm really enjoying it. I think it would be hard to have kept the same story line being that their lives have changed so much. I would still recommend it. I'm struggling to finish it because I don't want it to end!

11. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I finally read the first book. Took it on a business trip to the West Coast with me. I did not enjoy it for the most part. But I'm glad I already bought the second book because I cannot take it not to know what happens next. :)