The Bronze Horseman - how's your progress? (please no spoilers)

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by HeatherB, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Mi Monteiro

Mi Monteiro I shot that egg dead

:bananaKiss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  2. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

3. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

Oh wow! I LOVED this book! I devoured it in 5 days! As soon as I finished it, I went straight to the Kindle store and bought the second! I would have already finished it, were it not for a nasty stomach virus I had for 2 days! I'm really glad this book was chosen! I think I like it as much as The Fever Series...well...almost. :)

4. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I'm actually getting through this quicker than I expected. Although I want to slap a few characters once in a while, I'm really enjoying it! I'm about 1/3 way through. But I'm taking it along to family camp this weekend, so while the kids are playing, I'm going to be relaxing and reading!

5. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

um, yes!

6. Dana

Dana Dana

i'm almost 1/2 way through - and am really enjoying it! it's taking me a while though - b/c these few weeks have been BUSY for me! boo!

7. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I just started it but I already know I'm going to love it. I'm glad I'll be traveling this week...it gives me more time to read!!

8. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Done. I did enjoy it, although I agree with Heather that I wanted to slap a few characters, and I thought there was an over-abundance of detail at times. But definitely a good read for me, and I will continue with the series!

9. 4noisyboys

Just finished it last night. I had a lot of time to read while I was up at my folks, and was almost finished on the plane, so I had to finish it before bed last night. I totally agree that I wanted to slap a few characters! lol
    It was very good though and just bought the next two for my Kindle. I'm pretty busy just getting home and having a lot to do here, and then work too...but I'll probably start the next one today sometime!

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I finally got hooked into this one. I started reading it in the car on the way to camping this weekend and then spent an hour in the tent after midnight when everyone retired from the campfire each night. :) I hope to have time to read this week too!

11. mommy2boyz

You won't be disappointed with the others Deb! Although, the second one was my least favorite, the series itself is one of my favorites! I could definitely re-read this one!

12. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

I can't get into it...but my kids have been heck on wheels this week so I haven't had much time to read. I think I just need to sit down one night after they are in bed and just dive in without interruptions!

13. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I finished a couple days ago and just put the 2nd book on hold at the library. I still want to smack a few of the characters around though. "Come on!"

14. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I'm thisclose to finishing #2 - also very good!!

15. 4noisyboys

I'm well into book #2. So far it's ok, but I'm still hooked. I just bought the first book for my manager at work. She asked if she could read mine...but I told her it's on my Kindle. I'm going to surprise her with it. I know she'll love it!

16. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

I am a little over halfway through on the Kindle. I have stayed up late the last few nights reading it & I am super tired today so I may have to skip reading tonight. I have really enjoyed it so far. It isn't the typical book I would pick out on my own so I am glad it was chosen & only $1.99 so I didn't pass it up.

17. Beckie

Beckie Active Member

Well, I'm way late to the party...but I just wanted to say that I'm about 40% of the way though! I was up until 1am this morning reading (I'm an obsessive reader for sure, which is why I really have to be selective about starting a book, LOL!).

I agree with what others have said so far - I really like it, I would never have selected this on my own, and at times I do think there's a bit too much detail. But DANG, there's a series?? that means I'll be obsessively reading until I get them all finished, LOL!

What happens on the 25th? Is there a "live" chat, or is that the day people start posting spoilers? Sorry, this is my first book club :)

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I finished it this weekend. It was really good! I wish we could discuss it tonight before I forget the details! I already bought the 2nd one since my library didn't have it. I hope I can finish the series before we start Here Be Dragons for next month!

Beckie, we'll do a chat on that date so everyone can talk openly about what they liked or didn't like without worrying about spoiling it for someone who isn't finished yet. :)

19. mommy2boyz

Yes, me too!! I've read all three books and now they've all run together! I haven't forgotten any details, but I'm afraid I'll spoil the next two books for someone who hasn't read them already!

20. 4noisyboys

I was thinking the same thing Jordan as I started book 3 last night!