Mens Clothes

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by crystalbella77, Apr 28, 2011.

1. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

ok so the hubby needed some Summer clothes and told me what he wanted and said he wanted a white short sleeve button down that was kinda beachy. That was the one thing he said he wanted in particular...and I was ordering everything from one site so I didn't have to do 10 different shipping charges kwim? Anywhoo....when he saw my receipt he was upset at me cause he said I spent too much and he would never have bought a shirt for what I paid. I personally didn't think it was bad but it got me curious! LOL! I am pretty sure he has plans to return this as soon as it comes but honestly you don't get walmart prices everywhere!

How much would you pay for a plain white button down shirt??

2. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

Well...I always love a good deal but I also shop for things that are nice and will last. Things aren't as cheap as they used to be and when they are, they usually aren't the best quality, in my experience. So I'd say I would pay -- for a good, lasting casual white button down shirt-- 25-45?

3. snaggletooth

snaggletooth Minnetonka? Momma? Either way.

75-100 bucks for me on a white button down shirt, usually the cheaper ones at target and walmart are just fugly imo and they either tear, the threads come undone or the buttons fall off after a day LOL
    hubby only wears certin brands like Billabong, bullhead, etnies, skater stuff LOL so he would be pizzed if i bought him a button down for the fact he will never wear it
    men want stuff but seem to get most pizzed when they see the bill LOL

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  4. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I would say that I pay about $100-$150 for DH's dress shirts for work, but for more of a beachy style shirt, I would probably do $45-60.

5. dna13

dna13 New Member

For a casual shirt, i would pay up to $50. But then again, my hubby isn't a brand snob so will wear anything as long as it looks good. And i am a specials shopper and am always on the hunt for bargains. ;)

6. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

I never have this problem as DH does his own clothes shopping YAY!!

7. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

*sticking my tongue out* at Kaye! LOL!

Well...since my husband wears a uniform to work everyday, I don't have to worry much with his clothes. When not in uniform, he would be happy in an old t-shirt, but I do occasionally force him to wear a shirt with buttons! LOL!! I'd say I'd pay up to $60 for a nice casual shirt, but have found a few at Old Navy and Marshalls for much less that have held up well. But, then again, he's only worn them a time or two.

8. Karah

Karah Karah

I'm cheap - LOL. I wouldn't spend more than $30. I'm good at finding awesome deals, though. :)

9. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

:rofl

10. Kelleanne

Kelleanne The One with Unagi

We are pretty cheap around here too. I would pay around $30-$40 at the most. Luckily when out of uniform my hubby is happiest in t-shirts. Clothes are SO expensive here in Germany so we always wait till we are in the states to shop. Usually at Old Navy or the like.

11. snaggletooth

i love Old Navy unfortunatley my husband does not LOL

12. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

13. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

My husband buys his own too but he does like his labels like lacoste and polo so will spend anything from £60 to £100 so convert that to dollars ouch but saying that he doesn't buy often now we have kids so maybe one for his birthday and a couple for Christmas but he is still wearing tops that he had 5/6 years ago so I do believe quality over quantity and you get what you pay for

14. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

Anyway crystal I'm curious now how much was it lol

15. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Me too! You have to tell us now. LOL

16. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

sorry Been out all day! the shirt was 40 dollars and of course he went to walmart today and was like "look this one is only 10 bucks" *rollseyes* Seriously he's keeping that shirt and he's gonna like it! I honestly did not think it was crazy priced or anything!

17. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

And they say we're the fickle ones! HA!

18. snaggletooth

40 bucks isnt bad, tell him he can get that 10 dollar one from walmart but to have a back up shirt for when it just falls apart out of the blue when hes wearing it one day LOL

19. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

crystal my hubby is the EXACT same way! he things $20 is 'expensive.' he would be doing exactly what your man did... the $10 piece o' poo from wal-mart. *sigh* i feel for ya!