My Project Life

Discussion in 'Project 365' started by emmasmom, Feb 14, 2011.

1. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

I had too many photos and didn't want to hog kaye's thread :) So..grab and chair and perhaps a beverage because you may get bored around photo #7

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There are a few holes, forgive me :) I still need to finish up a few things. I use this as my P365. I normally print and journal the day's photo each night but had gotten a little behind with my printing, I'm all caught up now and it feels good! I have 3 sheets of added photos that were just favorites during the month and some page protectors in assorted sizes to hold drawings, card, projects etc...I love this project so much!

2. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

this is awesome kelly!
    and looking through this gives me an idea... to do sort of a hybrid PL. maybe i'll get a 3-ring binder & some 12x12 pages... then i can print my 12x12's every so often & keep popping them in there. plus then i can do the little inserts of other daily stuff... like movie tickets, cards, etc. yep, i think i might do that! may even make a hobby lobby run tomorrow! :yesss THANK YOU for the inspiration!

3. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

:yesss

So glad you liked it Rebecca! I was nervous to show you all my crazy hybrid handwriting (its a cross between print and cursive). This really is a fantastic project all around, I am enjoying it so much! I can't wait to see what you create!

4. JenJ

JenJ Drunken Elf owner

i love this!

5. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

You are doing a brilliant job, Kelly!! Loooove it! Great photography and extras...I definitely have to get that instamax now! ;)

6. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

woohoo it looks fabulous Kelly! The inserts look great, I definitely have to grab some for mine. Are you doing like a cover page for the start of each month?

7. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

Yes! I have a cover page at the start of each month with "extras" and then at the end (of each month) I glued a long journal strip on one of the boys drawings and highlighted the month, I didn't post that here. I will next time :)

8. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

That is a good idea...wonder if that would be an good option for me at this point as well. I am torn. I like the idea of adding all those real life bits and pieces, but I also am looking forward to having one printed photo book for the whole year, all nice and neat...

And Kelly, your album is beautiful!

9. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

You are making me want a PL kit! Just when I had made the "I'm doing it digi" decision....

10. Dana

Dana Dana

gorgeous!! i need to start adding in some of the little extras to mine!

11. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

Ooohh Dana post yours! We want to see :)

12. Dana

Dana Dana

it's soooooo boring LOL! but i'll try to take some pics today ...

13. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Lisa I was kinda thinking that too... that i wanted one nice, neat photo book printed. A few things changed that decision for me, though - 1) I LOVE the day-to-day bits and pieces that would otherwise just never find their way into my album because i am horrible at scanning and blah blah blah, no matter how good my intentions are... i just don't do it... and 2) i'm not super sure that all of the pages i want to do for the p365 will fit in one bound album without costing me a small fortune. i want to be able to put in complimentary pages to highlight some of the other photos from the days, etc. so my book will be getting big quickly.

kate, then do a hybrid PL like we are just now talking about. it could be a good solution somewhere in between PL & digi. just a thought. :) I'm sure whatever you end up doing will be GORGEOUS!

14. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

I am completely inspired!!!! Kelly!!!! Holy wow!!!

I love the hybrid idea! And hybrid can mean so many different thing so you never feel confined! I thoroughly enjoyed my daily december last year so i can see this being so FUN! And i ADORE those pockets!!! Gonna have to get some!!!

So what exactly are you getting in this kit that makes its easier to do this project?

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Wow! This look fabulous! I mean really, really fabulous! I love your handwriting too! :)

I really love the pictures of one of your kids (I assume) coloring with the rest of the crayons all spread out everywhere!

16. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

oh yes!!! love your handwriting too! it's funny cuz i do the same thing- combo print and cursive in my everday! so similar!!

HEATHER, get on this one please! :giggle

17. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

You get the album, page protectors, little journalling cards to fit in the small sections, stickers, monthly dividers, cardstock and more: http://www.beckyhiggins.com/products/project-life-kit-contents.php This is why it appeals to me - everything is there for me to grab, I don't have to think about anything! :lol

18. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

That is so funny...I was so nervous to post these because I didn't want all of you to see my crazy handwriting!

Val..it's one huge kit, it comes with the binder, the page protectors, the journaling cards, etc
    here is a link
    http://www.amazon.com/Project-Life-...FPW8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297793240&sr=8-1
    That's is the one that I have

There is also this version, which is equally beautiful!
    http://www.amazon.com/Project-Life-...RLLC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1297793240&sr=8-2

I added in some 8.5 x 11 and 12x12 page protectors and some other things but you really can get by with everything that comes with it. Since you are already doing 365 it would be super easy for you to catch up if you wanted to do it!

19. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

kate and I were posting at the same time :) ..I am the same way, I don't have the time to give each day tons of thought, I put that into my photo as it is so this is ideal for me because it's all laid out in front of you!

20. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

For US residents, Project Life is $52, which includes free shipping from Amazon. When I unpacked my box, I felt like it was a GREAT value for the kit.