How often do you....

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Mar 15, 2023.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

go and see what is in your wishlist and delete stuff you have either bought or have decided you don't want anymore?

I am quite slack at that to be honest. I wish there was a way to automatically delete stuff as it's purchased so then the job wouldn't feel half as big.....or maybe I just don't do the "clean up" job often enough!

Anyone have tips on how they manage their wishlist?

umyesh likes this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I used to freshen the wishlist when there was a chance to win your wishlist. Since being a Polly, I look at it occasionally but haven't done much to tweak it either way.

3. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

If I know I have something on my wishlist and I bought it I'm quick to deleted it :)

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I usually delete the item from my wish list when I buy it. Honestly, I don't keep a lot on there to begin with. I had to find some stuff after the update post in the MOC forum about the wish list.

5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Most of my wish list is one item from each designer, so I can play that game on DSD (?). I too wish it deleted things automatically if we bought them. That would be nice.

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My wishlist is gigantic! :giggle There are so many amazing products here and there are often new items that come out, that I don't currently have photos for, so I'll add them to my wishlist for later. Then when I have new photos, I'll often scroll through my wishlist to get ideas for products. I'm not the greatest at removing items from their though after I purchase them. Sometimes I'll got to add something from my wishlist to my cart and then I see the "you've already purchased this" warning. :giggle I LOVE that it tells you before you even add things to your cart that you already own something. :agree

keepscrappin and bestcee like this.
  7. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

That only works if its exactly the same item or you haven't bought it at another store. I've had to be super careful lately about checking my stash of Anita, Nini & Rachel E in particular as I had some of their older stuff from their previous store

ninigoesdigi likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm a multiple tab in my browser person. So, when I'm shopping from my wishlist, I'll leave my wishlist open in one tab, and open the kit in a different tab to add to my cart. Then, if I purchase it, I can go back to my wishlist and delete immediately.

I've also send the wishlist to my email. I've saved it to a word doc and made notes about photos I want to use with the kit. That helps me when I'm inspired to scrap, but not sure what I want to scrap. Pre-Polly, it also helped me at sale times. I could decide if that was something I wanted to scrap now, or wait until later.

upload_2023-3-15_13-44-22.png

Yep! If it's BYOC, I'll double check my stash before adding the item to my wishlist to see if I purchased the bundle/collection from the designer's newsletter instead of the kit. When a designer comes from another store, I just check my stash before adding it to my wishlist.

If I'm not by my computer where I can check, then I text the kit link to myself and check later before adding it to my wishlist. That way, for me, the wishlist is 'safe' to purchase from. The store will warn me if I missed deleting it from my wishlist, and I know I already checked my stash for the two outlier issues above. That way, for me, the wishlist is 'safe' to purchase from. The store will warn me if I missed deleting it from my wishlist, and I know I already checked my stash for the two outlier issues above.

keepscrappin and amien1 like this.
  9. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

If I'm shopping a designer's sale or a big Shop sale like Black Friday, I open my wishlist in one tab and will go through it to see if I want to buy something from it. If I choose to buy it, then I immediately delete.

But normally I browse and cull it once every 3-4 months I guess.

Thankfully being on two Shop teams I no longer find the wishlist as useful for me as it once was. I don't think I've been through them in some time now.

10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Multiple tabs here when purchasing from wish list. Just right click to open item in new tab. Add to cart. Back to wish list tab and delete product.

kendrawalter and amien1 like this.
  11. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

lol- never! I'm really bad at this! At least the store warns you if you've purchased already! ;) I'm just here for the tips/tricks other people are posting! :blush

12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

If I'm logged into the store and viewing my wish list, if I click on an item to open it, I get the notification that I've already purchased the item. Like these date elements from Sara Gleason. I usually delete from my wish list as I purchase, but I clearly missed these.

It would definitely be nice to have the notice that it's already been purchased when you're on your wish list instead of having to open up each product individually BUT at least we get that.

WishList_1.jpg

WishList_2.jpg

13. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Once a year maybe? Usually when I’m doing a good amount of shopping.

14. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I also do the multi-tab thing and delete from my wishlist when I purchase it. I'm grateful for the "already been purchased" warning because there have been times when it's saved me.

15. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

How did I not know this... emailing your wishlist to yourself is genius! :agree

16. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

I generally delete an item from my wish list just after purchasing.

I love that "already been purchased" warning, it has saved me from buying a duplicate at least a few times.

17. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

Not nearly as often as I should!!! I need to do a purge of it

18. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

If I buy it, I just delete it as soon as I complete the transaction. I always keep my wish list open in a separate tab when I'm using it, so that reminds me.

I've rarely deleted stuff from my wish list that I haven't bought. But I did recently weed out some things when it was announced that getting stuff from our wish list could be a MOC prize.