iPhone 14 - pro or not?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by tjscraps, Mar 11, 2023.

1. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

Anyone have the Pro or Pro max? I’m due for an upgrade and trying to figure out if I need it or can go with the basic iPhone 14.

My phone is my primary camera, so the camera options always get me to get the better one. I currently have a 12 pro that works great, but I did a “buy it back” so have to either pay it out or upgrade. I’m tempted to upgrade lol

2. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I am not one to upgrade a phone unless there is a STRONG reason to do so. I am still using my iPhone 11 Pro and I think the camera in it is still good. So, I am no help.

If you decide on the upgrade I'd love to hear about the 14, though!

tjscraps and cfile like this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I don't have either so I'm no help but if you go for the upgrade enjoy it!

tjscraps likes this.
  4. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

My daughter has the 14 pro- only because there was a promotion and the pro & regular 14 were the same price per month- and she loves it! The camera is really great on it. Not as good as my samsung s22 ultra... but I digress... :backing

tjscraps likes this.
  5. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I always buy the pro version because of the camera and I'm still always disappointed by the camera. ;D but I'll probably keep buying the pro. I don't have the 14 tho -- I'm still at 12.

tjscraps likes this.
  6. ninigoesdigi

ninigoesdigi Designer

Same here

cfile likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have the 13 Pro Max, and definitely chose the Pro for the camera. I opted for the 13 instead of 14 simply because they offered a deal to trade in my XR and have no monthly payment, and I tend to stay a generation or two behind lol

cfile and tjscraps like this.
  8. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

If you are using it for the camera, there is a visible difference between the regular and the pro. I would always go for the Pro for the camera.

tjscraps likes this.
  9. tjscraps

Haha - I switched to Samsung a few years ago. Worse 10 months ever - I think because we have Mac everything, they just work better together - I have a Macbook and ipad, so iphone works great for me lol

I have a 12 Pro ... seemed like a good idea 2 years ago to do the 'Buy it back' thing to reduce the payments ... now I'm like crap, what if I want to keep it lol

I went in to the store to try them out - see the weight, etc. Pulled a little too hard on the demo one and set off alarms (whoopsies...). They've got a sale on them this week, which doesn't usually happen when they're still the newest device - so have to decide what to do soon!!!

amien1 likes this.
  10. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

My daughter decided on the 14 pro, she was at 10 before. She is happy with it but is sad because there is a yellow one coming on March 14...

tjscraps likes this.
  11. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

I switched from 10 xs max to 14 pro max just over a month ago so the differences are quite tremendous.
    I am an Apple phone fan all the way and even converted my hubby to switch a month ago lol he was a Samsung fan until last month :giggle

BUT if given a chance, I'd also get the latest Samsung hahaha just to have of both worlds lol I'm greedy :evillaugh I even wanted the flip phone thingy... because of the accessories I see on IG and tiktok! They're so cute haha :giggle

I hope I didn't confuse you more :giggle
    Having said that, I love my 14 pro max upgrade hehe

tjscraps likes this.
  12. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I think the 14 pro max is a good upgrade from the 12 pro max (that I currently have). I am tempted to get the 14 this summer when my plan is done but I will be watching for more updates about the 15 that will probably come out in the fall. It might be worth it for me to wait for that but for you, having to return your phone with your plan, it sounds like the 14 is really good.

tjscraps likes this.
  13. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I got the iPhone 14 Pro Max for Christmas! I love it! It takes great pictures. Here's one I took last week of the moon and planets.
    web-moon-planets.jpg

scrappydonna, ArmyGrl, cfile and 2 others like this.
  14. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

My granddaughter went from the 12 (which she claimed took awful photos) to the 14 Pro. She loves the photos it takes.

tjscraps likes this.
  15. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beat:heartlub:heartslub

amien1 likes this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have the iPhone 13 Pro Max currently and I love it. I get the max version always now because my eyeballs love the bigger screen and then since I already had the big one, and the camera was better on the Pro version, I didn't hesitate to get the better camera. I use my phone for 95% of my photos, so I might as well do whatever I can to make those better. :)

17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

To me, it would depend on price. I went with the Pixel 7 not the 7 pro because the camera parts that were better didn't matter to me for the price. The ultrawide, and macro is the biggest difference between the pixel 7 and 7 pro, and I didn't care enough about those. The main photos I take were basically the same quality in each phone.

I don't know what the difference in camera is with 14 and 14 pro, but I bet it's similar to the 7 and 7 pro - zoom and macro.

tjscraps likes this.
  18. tjscraps

I bit the bullet and got the 14 Pro Max. Go big or go home??? The camera did it for me. My monthly bill will actually go down too, score!!!

LoveItScrapIt, Memaw2Wm and bestcee like this.
  19. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

After reading through this thread, now I want a new phone!! (I currently have an iPhone 6.)

tjscraps likes this.
  20. tjscraps

Oh you need a new phone! lol! Though paying for a new phone sucks!

HeatherB likes this.