Star Trek or Star Wars | Pad Patter 3.13

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Mar 13, 2023.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Are you a fan of one or the other or of both? I like the older Star Wars movies but the newer Star Trek ones. I really haven't watched any of the new Star Wars series on the Disney channel although I have been enjoying all the yoda baby memes. I also never really watch any of the Star Trek tv series either. So I guess I like them pretty much equally? lol

How about you? Team Star Trek Or Star Wars?

umyesh likes this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

umm....neither!

weaselwatchr and tanteva like this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Team Star Wars! We just watched ALL the movies (which I’d probably never done before) and I enjoyed them all.

I have only watched a few episodes of Star Trek and I thought they were fine.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I guess I'd have to say Star Trek. I was around during the first run on TV but with only 1 TV in the house, it wasn't a show that was watched. I caught it when I was working at my first job after graduation from college. A local TV station ran the syndicated episodes. Not long after this was when the original movie was released (1979). I then saw the other movies as they were released through the 1980's. As for the spin-off series of Star Trek, my favorite was Voyager followed closely by Deep Space Nine. Although I haven't seen anything from the franchise since then.

As for Star Wars, I never saw any of the movies in a theater, only on TV many years later. As for the new stuff, I don't have any streaming services so no go on those. I was in college when the original film was released and my 2 roommates went to see it with their boyfriends. They thought it was great but only because they were high as kites.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  5. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

Never seen a single Star Wards movie lol My dad used to watch Star Trek, I never really watched it with him

weaselwatchr likes this.
  6. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Trekkie … I watched the original tv series with my mom way back in the day. The Trouble with Tribbles is my fav episode. A friend and I used to write Star Trek stories. We made up our own characters and passed the stories back and forth taking turns writing.

I haven’t watched any of the newer Star Trek shows, and I’ve only seen bits and pieces of the Star Wars movies as I walked past my kids watching them on vhs tapes.

7. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Both! I grew up watching Star Trek: The Next Generation series, and my husband likes all the series and movies. We are all big Star Wars fans in our house and have seen all the movies, so if I had to pick one I'd say Star Wars.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    weaselwatchr likes this.
  8. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I have always been a huge Trek fan.. hence.. Neelix having the name Neelix. He is named after a character on star trek voyager. I started watching star trek with my dad as a young child and never stopped.. I just love it. Voyager is my favorite..but Eric and I have recently gotten into Picard.

I was never a huge Star Wars fan. I do love the older 80s movies better than the recent ones though.. and I do love the newer TV series .. like manadlorian and Boba fet ..and got into those.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

When I was younger I watched Star Trek faithfully, Strange New Worlds, Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. We watch Mandalorian, Star Trek Discovery and Pickard now. I think we've seen all the movies.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  10. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I like Star Trek so much better - Star Wars is so overhyped now. Too many shows.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  11. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Star wars all the way.
    The force is strong with this one.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

StarTrek ll the way :) ... I haven't seen the new Picard series but have seen all the others.

Starwars didn't do much for me. Saw the first movie in the 1980's but that really was it.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  13. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Star Trek all the way. Picard season 3 is going right now and it is good but he and Riker are getting old. I am looking forward to the next season of Discovery and Strange New Worlds.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  14. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Can't say I really like either. I usually say I don't like Sci-Fi, but that's not true really, since I like a lot of movies, that's classified as Sci-Fi. I loved Star Wars when it came, guess I was in the right age, and it was something totally new, but I never got hooked.

But, me and hubby are watching the old Star Trek episodes on Netflix. It's not good, LOL, but it's nostalgia. Ok, some episodes are okey, and it's kinda cute to see all the "cool effects". As for all the newer Star Treks series and movies, I don't think I've seen anyone. Maybe we will move on to them after finishing the old serie? But when watching with hubby, that takes forever. That man have struggles watching 2 episodes in a row. No stamina for binging. :giggle

weaselwatchr likes this.
  15. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Team Star Wars, I Be!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    weaselwatchr likes this.
  16. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I loved St. Elsewhere's back in the day. Decided to re-watch it ... I couldn't even get through the first episode it was so dated. I was really disappointed. Am thinking I shouldn't re-watch Star Trek for that reason.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I used to watch Star Trek with my Dad growing up, but now I prefer Star Wars, mostly because my hubby and kids like that more, so we can watch them together. I loved the Mandalorian, although I haven't watched the latest season yet. I honestly thought it was over after the last season I watched. :giggle

weaselwatchr likes this.
  18. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Both! I love anything sci-fi as long as it isn't horror.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  19. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Star Trek! I love the kooky 1960s nostalgia of Star Trek, whereas Star Wars never did speak to me.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  20. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Fan of both but if I had to pick only one, Star Trek. Live Long and Prosper.

Memaw2Wm and weaselwatchr like this.