LOD 2023 | March 6 | Paula Kesselring

Discussion in '2023 LOD' started by Karen, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

LOVE Our Designers - March 6
    Paula Kesselring Is Our Daily Crush!

LOVEOurDesigners2023-3-6.jpg

Welcome to the 2023 edition of Love Our Designers (LOD)
    This event isn't a traditional CHALLENGE in that there aren't any real rules.
    It's just...Scrap with the featured designer! It’s a fun event to just scrap
    with products from a fave designer or try a new (to you) designer.
    It’s all about having fun and celebrating the uniqueness
    of all of our Lilypad Designers!​

paulakbanner2320P.jpg
    A Bit About: Paula Kesselring

newsletter signup link: http://eepurl.com/2rXa5
    blog/website link: http://paulakesselring.com/
    facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/paulakesselringdesigns/
    pinterest: https://br.pinterest.com/paulakesselring/paula-kesselring-designs-pages/
    instagram: https://instagram.com/paulakesselringdesigns
    TLP username: paula kesselring

I have been a LONGTIME fan of Paula's! Eons ago at the beginning of digital scrapbooking, I was on the CT at Scrap Artist when Paula started selling her goodies there. I remember being so impressed with how cool, unique and artsy her designs were! And to this day when I'm thinking of a new layout idea, there are so many times that I just know Paula is going to have the exact fun element that I need to illustrate my ideas! :)

We have lots of fun in store for you today! There's a fun interview, A CT call, a freebie and an amazing sale! Check it all out belo
    w!

Interview with Paula:

1. Can you show us a picture of where the magic of designing happens? Are you a laptop girl or desktop user?

01_myoffice.png

Here is the other side view and my 3 "assistants"...LOL
    Nero - Yorkshire - 7 years, Stella - French Bulldog - 5 years and my new baby Joaquim - French Bulldog - 60 days today!

02_assistant2.png
    03_assistant1.png

I work from home. Here's my "office". I have a new iMac. I used to be a Windows girl for more than 24 years, so it was very difficult to me to adapt to a Mac... But now I just adore it! I never work on laptops... I also work on my iPad to make brushes and some sketches, doodles and drawings.

I know you must be wondering: "but everything is so organized...", yes! I have OCD and "prefer" to have my office organized, so I have all my material, like brushes, ephemera, paints, etc... in drawers, boxes and in the cupboards next to my computer. I use them and keep everything immediately organized and cleaned!

2. Where do you find all of your fabulous ephemera items?

I had a huge collection of them! I always love flea markets, there are constantly new vendors popping up at the spots I frequent, and meanwhile, returning vendors are always showing up with new offerings.
    By becoming a regular at these markets, I'm less disappointed if there are days that I go home empty handed. If I've had sufficient luck at particular market in the past, I know that there's still hope down the line. After all, most flea markets, even the absolute best ones, are generally hit or miss!

Also my mom was a travel tickets collector, so I have memorabilia from her trips, from my trips, old family books and old map and sheet music books to play!

3. What is your favorite thing you do to treat yourself? :)

I love to be quiet and watch K-Dramas without any interference!

4. How long have you been designing?

Ohhh, I paper scrapped for years and years. In May of 2006 I got into digital scrapbooking and have loved it since. I started scrapbooking for so long that I can’t remember, I was a traditional scrapper until 2005 when I discovered the digital! I’m designing since 2011, when I start so sell my stuff at the amazing Scrap Artist Store, but I’d been working with Photoshop for a long time before that, since 1995.

5. Where do you generally draw inspiration from for your kits? Customer suggestions, ads on TV or online, Pinterest or do you make kits that you would use for yourself?

I think from Pinterest, and kits that I would use, but sometimes what I think will be a huge success because I just love all the content, doesn't sell as well as other content that I'm not so passionate about...

6. Do you find time to create your own layouts on top of designing?

NOOOO! But I'm trying since this last MOC! And I must confess that I miss scrapping so much!

CT Call - Join Paula's Team!

How would you like to join Paula's CT (Creative Team)? You would receive 100% free access to Paula's personal use store of goodies and you would get access to team exclusive perks such exclusive BYOC discounts to the Lilypad store and 50% discounts on Paula's CU designs! If that sounds awesome to you, check out the requirements below and then jump in an apply using THIS FORM HERE. :D

CT CALL INFO FROM PAULA:

image.jpeg

It’s been a while since I opened a call!
    So I’m having a CT CALL – If you love my stuff and want to play, it’s time to send in your application.
    I’m looking for a few talented and dedicated digital scrappers and/or content creators to join my team!

If you can hang with my requirements and want to apply, just click HERE to fill out the form and send a page made with this kit below to my email: paulaksebe@gmail.com with the subject:
    CT CALL - PAGE

*DEADLINE TO APPLY is MARCH 20th, 2023.
    *Team application results will be announced here on March 23, 2023.
    All the details are HERE and listed below:

"Digital Scrapers"

Requirements

• 1 digital scrapbook layout for all my new releases.
    • 1 digital layout for featured SOSN products/month.
    • Share your layout at Lilypad gallery with a link back to my store, at least at other 3 scrapbook galleries and on social media.
    • Be active at Lilypad Forum to promote my products by participating in posts, challenges and chats.
    • Help with social media promotions (making comments, etc..) that I post on FB and Instagram.
    • Have fun!!!
    What you will get:

• 100% free access to my personal use store.
    • Get 50% discount to my CU designs on Lilypad store and you will have access to exclusive BYOC discounts.
    "Content Creators"

If you like chatting, hosting challenges, blogging advertisements and/or short articles, writing tutorials or scrapping with gorgeous products then I would love to hear from you! No previous CT experience needed.
    This team’s job is to create engaging content.

Requirements:

• Create 1 engaging and effective social media content per month.
    • Share your content at the Lilypad forum, on Social Media sites snd Platforms.
    • Help with social media promotions (making comments, etc..) that I post on FB and Instagram.
    • Have fun!!!
    What you will get:

• 100% free access to my personal use store.
    • Get 50% discount to my CU designs on Lilypad store and you will have access to exclusive BYOC discounts.
    Snu5xK.jpg

THIS IS MY LOD FREEBIE -a little gift for you!!!
    TODAY MARCH 6TH is my LOD day:
    Everything in my store is 50% OFF today only!

To participate in the CT CALL fill this FORM and just download the free kit, make a page using the free kit and send me your layout: paulaksebe@gmail.com with the subject: CT CALL - PAGE, by the March 20, 2023 deadline!
    The results will be announced on March 23, 2023.

Good luck!

[​IMG]

Last, but not least.... the SALE!!!
    Everything in Paula's wonderful store is on sale today for 50% off!
    Check your wishlists and stock up today!

Pafdmr.jpg

Here's a fun page that I made recently using mostly Paula's wonderful products:

[​IMG]

A note from Paula: I'd also love if you would show your favorite layouts with my products here in this thread (not required)!

Now it's your turn...

Scrap a page using (mostly) Paula Kesselring's designs
    Meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product
    Post in the Paula Kesselring Gallery and share your page in this thread (below).

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when! And who knows, the designer(s) may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!!!

G.J., Laura ODonnell, Ferdy and 5 others like this.
  2. paula kesselring

paula kesselring Designer

First THANK YOU @Karen for host my day!!!! You are a doll!:bk

I'm so excited today!!!

First it's my LOD day!!!! YAY! Second I hope you like the FREEBIE that I made for you all and last but not least about my CT CALL!!!!! :woot

Think you have what it takes? So I'm waiting for your apply HERE!!!:yourock

And I'm looking forward to see your pages with my stuff posted here!!!:heartslub
    I may have another surprise for those who post their pages with my stuff here... :funfun

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
    Karen and sharonb like this.
  3. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

Thank you for the freebie! :bk

Karen and paula kesselring like this.
  4. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

I like all Paula's products :heartlub

[​IMG]

5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I love being on Paula's CT and love all her goodies.. Here is one I did recently .. 100% Paula designs :) ... And you should fill out the CT Application! Paula's team is awesome!!! Don't miss out on her amazing sale and designs today!!!

[​IMG]

Here is another page I made:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
  6. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

7. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I am also on Paula's CT. I love her watercolor designs and her fun and funky style. :heartslub

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. cfile

Another page I just made with Paula's March BYOC Little Baby Bundle

[​IMG]

9. paula kesselring

You are more than welcome!!!
    Looking foward to see your creations with it!

Karen likes this.
  10. paula kesselring

LOOOVE these pics and the page Christa!!! Who is this cute baby?

Karen and cfile like this.
  11. paula kesselring

I love all your creations Marilyn!!!! You rock!!!!!!

Karen and mcurtt like this.
  12. paula kesselring

HIGH CUTENESS ALERT!!!!!!! OMG!

Karen likes this.
  13. paula kesselring

14. cfile

Me!!

Karen and paula kesselring like this.
  15. paula kesselring

Thank you Geraldine!!!!
    What a lovely cat!!! And page!!!! :bk

Karen likes this.
  16. paula kesselring

Ohhhhh, they are priceless!!!!! What a cutie!!!!

17. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I love Paula's designs! I was on her team for many years, and I loved creating with her amazing designs. Here are some of my favorite pages.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    I will be back later with a new page.

18. cfile

Thank you!!!

Karen likes this.
  19. ninigoesdigi

ninigoesdigi Designer

What a beautiful place to design! I'm jealous! And I'm in love with your new assistant lol I want 1 too! :giggle

Good luck on your call!! :cheer:circles:circles:circles:cheer

paula kesselring and Karen like this.
  20. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

paula kesselring and Karen like this.