What is your scrapping "TALENT"?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Aussiegirl, Feb 14, 2023.

1. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Same here Eva, I'm learning everything and mastering nothing, lol, but having so much fun too.

tanteva likes this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I love using templates, shadow styles and am speedy 20-30 mins.
    I was always a one kit scrapper but lately have started mixing and matching. It does take longer though, cause then I need to keep track and credit correctly.
    I LOVE multi-photo layouts. I loved journaling, but this became more of a challenge as my kids became adults and their stories were no longer mine to tell and publish online.
    I can use kits for a different theme quite easily.

LoveItScrapIt and cfile like this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am a slow scrapper and easily distracted these days, so that's not a talent. Lol. I'd say probably using every last inch of space on my layout is my talent... or being messy. :giggle And I'm pretty good at mix and matching from different kits too!

4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I tend to think I'm a good clean scrapper. I do love to blend and use paint, but it's still clean. lol!
    I am also usually able to, or have in the past, created tutorials for items in a relatively easy to understand manner.

I'd be interested to see what others thought my talent was after perusing my gallery. :giggle

LoveItScrapIt, cfile and G.J. like this.
  5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I'm not sure, except maybe story telling and multiphoto layouts.

Nemla and Lynnette like this.
  6. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

You are my scrapping sister. I am slow and templates make me SLOWER! :lol

7. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I was thinking the same thing - I’m all over the place!

tanteva likes this.
  8. estir_bune

estir_bune No, it's snot

I think I am still trying to find my "talent" - I am just having fun!

9. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Why yes, I CAN help you get to Disney!

I love that we can all be so different in our styles or strengths, yet all create beautiful pages unique to us! We have the BEST "hobby/craft" ever! Our love of scrapping brings us together, but we are all unique too! :) I will be back with more direct comments to some of you in a bit....I need to be homeschool mom and balance the checkbook/ pay bills wife for a few hours first! ;)

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  10. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

This is me, although I do have a file where I drop items I like and can use with multiple kits ... staples, stitches, fav paper, etc.

I'm also good at scraplifting and modifying layouts that appeal to me.

umyesh likes this.
  11. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I resonate with sooo many of these comments -- I'm going to go with my strength as being adaptable.

Go with the moment. I'm pretty slow, but that's because I generally like to experiment and play. I'm intrigued by the motion blur on the shadow layers. sometimes I also spend a lot of time on shadows, sometimes I just add a quick style, and warp the paper shadows (I usually will adjust them a tad bit after that).

jk703 likes this.
  12. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Of course I immediately think of all of my weaknesses, of all of the styles/techniques that are not my scrapping talent!

But a couple of strengths:

I love playing with fonts, and I think I'm pretty good at selecting/combining fonts that work well with a given theme or time period.

Family history layouts: I've learned how to convey a lot of information in a very brief and concise manner.

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm usually a fairly quick scrapper and love to combine designers and kits together. I love masking, blending, using blend modes and gradients and love to cluster. I can scrap in pretty much any style, with or without a template and love to scraplift, giving my own spin on a design.

What I suck at is journaling.

14. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Hmmm...interesting topic.

I think I'm good at doing clean & simple layouts. I love the challenges that limit you to one photo, 1 paint, 1 or 2 papers, and no more than 5 elements. You have to think and be deliberate about what best accents your photo.

I'm good at looking at a template and figuring out whether it will work for the vision I have for the page. Sometimes I may strip the template down to just the photo placements, but it's easier for me to recognize the placement I want than to play around with photo shapes & sizes myself.

I'm good at picking elements that go together out of a gazillion different kits and using them on a layout even if it makes keeping track of the credits a total pain.

15. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I have never scrapped so fast and so amazingly good as you!

I think my scrappy power is to just shoved it and make it work.

16. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I know what you mean, its so easy to think of all the things that aren't ones strength immediately (in all aspects of life, not just scrapping)

17. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

Well if I have to say, I love layering with a bit of artsy, but also love Clean & Simple or using a template or mixing kits together and I like to think outside the box and try things. That's why I love to do challenges, then I have to step out of my comfort zone. Somethings it surprises me that I really like to do a special style. But I think your style is changing also by learning new techniques, find inspiration or stepping out of a theme of the kit. I just love to see my early pages and see what I can do now.

18. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

actually these two could be me as well.....distracted is my middle name some days I think!

19. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I'm a writer who happens to scrap vs. a scrapper who happens to write. Almost every page I'e ever gotten a shout-out for has had extensive and/or only journaling (no photos at all).

20. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Fun to read these and think of everyone's different talents and styles! I think based on the comments I get and what I enjoy doing my strength is pocket pages, and specifically creating a balanced pocket layout.