What is your scrapping "TALENT"?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Aussiegirl, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Why yes, I CAN help you get to Disney!

We all know that some of us are just really good at different styles of scrapping! Some are great with blocking, some clustering, some artsy, some journal beautifully. But what is your scrapping talent?

Mine, is being able to use a kit outside of the box. I LOVE themed kits! I don't do well with kits that deal with emotions or feelings or are just too general! I love themes. But sometimes I have had themes that were different or didn't quite fit us (I have 4 girls, boy kits are hard to use). But I feel my strength or talent is using a themed kit in a creative way! I may pick out one themed element from the kit that will take my page on it's own adventure from everyone else's!

So, what is your strength or talent when it comes to scrapping your pages!?

2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I'd say super clean & simple, I don't do it often but when I do those are the layouts I am generally happiest with

3. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I am good at scrapping photoless pages.

SeattleSheri and Sara like this.
  4. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I like Journaling
    And I like clustering
    And I like Messy
    And thinking outside the box and kit mixing
    Using kits in different ways

5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Fun question! My talent is being a one kit scrapper.

6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Can I say everything? Or I'll say versatility.

I can go off theme, I can cluster, I can do C&S, I can do artsy, one kit, multiple kits, photoless or lots of photos, I can journal ----

but if I was going to say one of my BIGGEST talents, is that I can scrap fast!!! Like 15-20 mins a layout fast.
    @Dalis can attest to that too....lol

*tooting my horn*
    [​IMG]

7. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I am a fast scrapper, generally 20 minutes to make a page. I like to use lots of different kits on one page, and will search "flair" to find the perfect one in my Lilypad folder. I also shop a lot, and download/unzip stuff immediately after purchasing it.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  8. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

OOOO, this is a hard one!!! I think I do well with colors and with mixing kits. I also like to challenge myself to use kits off theme.

Lynnette and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm like @LoveItScrapIt and @KayTeaPea in that I can scrap a page very quickly. I also am able to use a variety of kits, from themed to non-themed, from clean to artsy.

LoveItScrapIt and KayTeaPea like this.
  10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

This! And, as I've fine tuned my process I do scrap faster. I'm quite good at getting layouts done fast when I'm working on a series of layouts about the same event using the same kit...

umyesh likes this.
  11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

A few years ago I would have said my scrapping talent was including lots of journaling, but I don't do that anymore because I journal in Day One (a digital journal) every day.

Until recently, I might have also said I'm good at mixing and matching elements from many different kits on one layout, but strangely, my computer seems to only want to serve me recent files when I search for specific things lately, hampering the way I used to scrap.

I am a rather speedy scrapper still.

And maybe it's a talent to be so easygoing about scrapping. I never worry about being behind and I'm happy with 98% of the pages I make because my pages are mainly about the photos and I just scrap for fun.

12. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Is consistency a talent? I've scrapped a family album (2 pages a week) every year for the last 10 years.
    I'm good at mixing and matching kits. I'm good at keeping it simple...if that's a talent. Haha!

bestcee and Karen like this.
  13. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Ha! These are my jam! I love how diverse the scrapping community is and that we gravitate to different styles...yet all come together at TLP. :heartlub I truly find lots of inspiration from this creative community and love out-of the kit scrapping.

I would say my scraping talent is shadows. I don't use styles. I don't use actions. I often separate my shadow into a separate layer to manipulate it further. I sometimes duplicate it and add a motion blur to simulate depth and/or more than one source of light; followed by burning and dodging the paper or element. All of that takes TIME and therefore I don't do it on every layout.

And, I often use scrapbooking kits to make other art forms...such as collage or fantasy styled art.

Dare I say this? I will say it. My scrapping kryptonite is templates. It can take me 2 - 4X times as long to use a template compared to starting from scratch and letting a kit speak to me :backing. And it already takes me about an hour to do one layout. I'm slow.

Nemla, cfile and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  14. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

Talent #1 - completing themed albums. Once I pick a theme, I'm good at getting albums planned and done. Some paper, some digital.

Talent #2 - layouts with lots of photos.

Speedy scrapping is definitely not a talent for me. I like to take my time, play with a bunch of different papers / kits / options.

Lynnette likes this.
  15. ArmyGrl

Yes! I've admired your creations for these reasons. You have lots of WOW Power.

dotcomkari likes this.
  16. ArmyGrl

I think you are the Queen of AJ styled layouts. Uber talented!

17. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

This question was hard for me!!! I'm a quick scrapper, if I can find photos to use. I love using templates ... I can't think of anything extra special lol I have been published in scrapbooking magazines over 30 times though, so I guess that's special!

Lynnette and jk703 like this.
  18. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Ha ha.. I am giggling over here.. I am the same way Lisa.. takes me longer to scrap with a template than without...and about the same time frame for both template and without template... perhaps it is like coloring.. LOL I think I feel I am retricted to coloring in the lines, ie: using a template as is...
    You are the queen of shadows and levels too :)

19. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I am not sure what my strength is as I love blending but for me it is mood dependent. I love it all LOL

20. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I'm not sure I have a special talent? Unless we can count being all over the place, scrapping all styles, and never settle with one? I'm a messy person, with a messy brain, and my ADHD sets me off in all directions. But ... not sure that's a talent. At least I'm having fun. LOL

cfile, LoveItScrapIt and G.J. like this.