Finding Me In 2023 ~ February 2023 Challenge

Discussion in 'Finding Me in 2023' started by gonewiththewind, Jan 31, 2023.

1. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

[​IMG]

Hello and welcome to month two of our new monthly challenge series, Finding Me In 2023. The goal of this series is to help you create an album of layouts specifically about you. Each month, a new theme will be presented along with one or more example layouts. By the end of the year, you will have a cover layout, at least 12 layouts, and an ending layout.

The series is facilitated by me (gonewiththewind or Cheryl of Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs). Each month, one or more TLP designers will sponsor. You may find a new product from the designer sponsor(s) to help you specifically create your layout in keeping with the month’s theme, an exclusive coupon to purchase product from the designer sponsor, or a random giveaway.

THIS MONTH’S SPONSOR is LYNNE-MARIE

[​IMG]

FEBRUARY’S THEME: TRAVELS

For February, our theme is TRAVELS. This word immediately brings to mind taking a trip, going on vacation, or embarking on a tour. Yet travels can also refer to emotional, spiritual, or physical journeys that you've experienced in your lifetime.

As you reflect on this month's theme, think about what information you want to document. You may be a seasoned traveler, so your layout might focus on all the places you've visited or your favorite vacation destination. You may have gone through a passage of time where you were physically, emotionally, or spiritually changed.

There is no requirement for a specific number of words you must use on your page. You may be able to convey your thoughts and feelings with word art or photographs.

To help you create your themed layout, Lynne-Marie created this fabulous bundle that's on sale in our 24 hour SOSN (Something Old Something New) for Wednesday, February 1, 2023. Please note that the sale price is time sensitive.

[​IMG]
    Be sure to check out this amazing bundle as well. It combines fabulously with Travelogue.

[​IMG]

Need inspiration for creating a layout about travels? Check out Lynne-Marie's layout.

Travelogue_LM02-web.jpg

FINAL DETAILS:
    • You may create your album in whatever size and format you choose. You can scrap single or double page layouts.​
    • Post your layout in this thread so we can learn more about you while you’re learning more about yourself!​
    • Please follow our main gallery guidelines: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.
      ETA 2/2/23: Finding Me in 2023 Challenge layouts must contain 50% TLP product (eligible product can be current or retired product from resident designers, or guest designer product that is currently in the TLP store).
    Please enjoy this coupon for 30% off your order of $10 or more now through February 28, 2023.

lynnemarie-FM2023-web.jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Ugh I forgot to make my hobby page! Hopefully I remember to join in this travel theme!

Lisa B, gonewiththewind and Trish like this.
  3. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

may we do this thru out the year, come back and do one of the months later. Not for challenge, but for our own album

gonewiththewind likes this.
  4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

You & me both on that one….January just slipped away from me quite honestly.

Thinking a little more left field with this one at the moment so going to contemplate a bit more before I decide

gonewiththewind and umyesh like this.
  6. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

I've got my thinking cap on.... going to try get my layout done soon.

@gonewiththewind I do see that the coupon image is not showing yet

7. Frede

Frede Member

Really nice challenge for February. I'm starting thinking of it... OMG, so much possibilities and only two pages to fill... Thanks a lot !
    @gonewiththewind I do not see the coupon image too.

8. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

Just found this. Was busy Jan doing moc. Is there a post about January so I can catch up ? Never mind ? Found it

9. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

me too, I was too busy doing MOC!!!

gonewiththewind and umyesh like this.
  10. Marif

Marif Well-Known Member

Something came to mind right away for this theme... I'm going to sit on it and see if I pivot or stick with my first thought.. or make two!!
    Thanks for this lovely challenge to reflect and focus on ourselves at least once a month throughout the year!!

11. gonewiththewind

Please continue to share as you create! I'm leaving the threads open.

Absolutely you can, Cath! I would love to see these challenges remaining active throughout the year. Even though January's challenge is officially closed as far as coupons/giveaways, please feel free to jump in any time!

Please feel free to go back and do the title page and first month's challenge. I'm leaving the title freebie up throughout the year.

Hope y'all can see the coupon image now?

Glad you found it. I'm leaving the cover page title freebie up throughout the year, so please feel free to do your cover page and January layout. :)

12. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

Ok, so I have a question - maybe I'm overthinking. Does each month have to use the sponsored designer? I was under the impression in January that I should use a FDD template. I'm just a tad confused - does each month need to be a FDD template and/or use the featured designer? I only ask because the page I'm thinking of doing would take some digging to find a template.....It doesn't matter to me either way; I just want to make sure I'm following the rules.

13. gonewiththewind

I am facilitating this new series. I also happened to be January's designer sponsor. The perks that are shared by the month's designer sponsor are for your benefit should you choose to use them. For instance, Lynne-Marie has a special coupon code this month as well as a couple of travel themed collections that might be useful when you're scrapping about your travels. Last month I had a cut file freebie (it's still available should you want to use it to make your cover page), a coupon code, and I held a random drawing of three winners.

You are not required to use any specific product, but you should follow our gallery guidelines.
    • Please follow our main gallery guidelines: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.
    I hope that helps!

Mingo08, garrynkim and tinkerbell1112 like this.
  14. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

Yes! thank you. I guess I just got confused because I'm used to designer challenges :) so thought that's what you were leading each month. I get it now "and friends". lol

15. gonewiththewind

Yes, it's separate from both the monthly challenges and the designer challenges. :) So glad you are going to play along!

EHStudios likes this.
  16. Brendazzle

Brendazzle Shooting on the Serengeti

I had a bunch of different ideas so I may end up making more than one page for this theme. For now, I'm daydreaming about stargazing in Big Cypress again
    [​IMG]

Frede and Lynne-Marie like this.
  17. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

18. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

So did I!!! I got home from my month away and didn't have time to scrap one more page. Only got thru half of MOC. :(

umyesh likes this.
  19. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Good job getting through half of MOC! I finished 9 pages which is an all-time low for me. Also, I love the butterfly dotting the 'i' in your signature!

20. faithfulhd

faithfulhd Tomorrow, tomorrow! I love you, tomorrow ...

Decided this might be a good way to start again. I can do 1 layout a month *fingers crossed*
    [​IMG]

Frede and Lynne-Marie like this.