slowwwww scrap 01.22.23

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Jan 22, 2023.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Hi! Welcome to 2023! The challenge team, along with Cheryl Ashcraft is hosting the new monthly challenge series, Finding Me In 2023. The goal of this series is to help you create an album of layouts specifically about you. Each month, a new theme will be presented along with one or more example layouts. By the end of the year, you will have a cover layout, at least 12 layouts, and an ending layout.

Last year, I started a new series of storytelling slow scraps. We dove deep into telling meaningful stories and writing out some of those memories that we had been putting off creating layouts for. This year, I plan to continue the storytelling slow scraps, but coordinate them with the Finding Me In 2023 series.

Each month, please join me for an *extra* slow scrap. I will host a chat with a prompt and ideas for multiple ways to document stories within the prompts. Then, you will have 48 hours to create your layout...yep...extra time, in case you need to find a photo or rustle up a memory.

This month, we are going to start out with a basic LO to help start the story of Finding Me: Timeline

JANUARY 21 | TIMELINE

You may interpret the prompt in any way that is meaningful to you. Here are a few ideas to get your mind thinking deeper.

1. Show a literal timeline with the BIG events of your life:
    • Birth
    • High School Graduation
    • College Graduation (etc....)
    • Marriage
    • Birth of children
    2. Tell a story of a specific time of change in your life
    • Day in the life of
    • Month to month
    • Some sort of sequence of events

3. Tell a story about the beginning of your life, as in your birth story or your earliest memory.

4. Tell a story about overcoming a hardship in your life, as in the initial event and the process/events of overcoming it.

5. Show the same photo from every year, as in a school photo

Instructions
    1. Use the theme of TIMELINE - and you don't have to put the title on your page, but please make it obvious that it's for this scrap. Feel free to change up the prompt...but it should be clear that it's for this specific scrap.
    2. Add a meaningful story - yes...journal! but there isn't a limit or certain amount....it's all you
    3. Photos optional
    4. Make a page you LOVE.

[​IMG]

Please post your completed layout in The Lilypad gallery. GALLERY RULES: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

***You have 48 hours (from JAN 23 at 10am) to complete your LO***

norton94 and umyesh like this.
  2. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

My contribution:

[​IMG]

umyesh likes this.
  3. crazycat1126

crazycat1126 Well-Known Member

@FarrahJobling Is there a participation prize for completing within 48 hrs for the birthday bash?

4. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I chose to do: 3. Tell a story about the beginning of your life, as in your birth story or your earliest memory.
    [​IMG]

umyesh likes this.
  5. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Yes...but I'm flexible on time ;)

6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

missed the deadline on this as I'm a bit busy, but I intend on completing a page like this soon to add to my Finding me album. This is a great idea, thank you.

7. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

finished it, thank you for inspiring this Farrah.
    [​IMG]