do you have scrapbooking goals for 2023??

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by onaponakookt, Dec 29, 2022.

1. onaponakookt

onaponakookt Well-Known Member

I do not make resolutions, but I did make some plans concerning my scrapbooking in 2023.
    I want to do a lot of art journaling, and memory keeping in a (digital) travelers notebook. Not the most popular scrapbooking styles, but hey, I like them!!
    What are your plans for the coming year??

kristankremer and umyesh like this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I set a page goal every year. Close to making this years. Just completing DYD layouts will do it for me.

Otherwise, I have some projects that are "in process" that I will continue working on.
    1. Book about my hometown and various events or changes that have been made. I have lots of photos from 2019 on that need to be scrapped.
    2. Continuing to scrap photos shared by my cousin's family for a Shutterfly book I do for them. Just sent book #2 to them for Christmas and halfway done with book #3. Need to pick up with April 2022 and continue on.
    3. Get caught up on book about my house. Have scrapped all photos I have of it from the time it was built in 1964 until June 2022. Have about 6 or 7 layouts to do to catch up then it will just be scrapping things when they happen.
    4. My photography project "5 on 5". I take at least 5 photos on the 5th of every month then do a layout. 2022 has been completed and I decided to continue on. This is a takeoff of a "12 on 12" challenge that I took part in 13 years ago. Instead of 12 photos on the 12th, I changed it so it would only be one page layouts.
    5. DYD and an October Daily Project: This is my 6th year doing DYD so I'll continue on. This year I also did the same type of project documenting the changing colors of fall during the month of October. I really enjoyed it so plan to do it again.
    6. I have some miscellaneous things I've run across that I would like to document so have that list started. Most of them are what I would call "Book of Me" type of things.
    7. And, lastly, scrap any cute photos of my dog that I capture during the year. I have done monthly pages for her for 5 years but now she is at that age that she isn't changing so I'll just do the fun, cute stuff.

RebeccaH likes this.
  3. onaponakookt

onaponakookt Well-Known Member

@HavaDrPepper whow, that’s quite a list. Almost sounds like a fulltime job! Impressive you can get all of that done.
    I really like your “5 on 5” idea, I might borrow it from you. It sounds intriguing.

RebeccaH likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I don't really set any specific scrapping goals others than to just keep having fun with it. As long as I still enjoy it, I love keeping my family's memories this way. :agree

5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I set scrap goals last year and forgot about them haha the only goal I have for 2023 is to keep making monthly pages. I would like to make 12 pages for each of my kids for their 2024 calendars too.

RebeccaH, onaponakookt and Karen like this.
  6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Well, I am retired so I guess scrapping could be considered my "job". In all reality, I do very simple pages that don't take long to do so it goes fast. And, when I'm doing a bunch of photos for one event, I use the same kit to make it cohesive. Sometimes actually having 2 or more layouts open at the same time.

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Many years I have planned a weekly scrapping project. I like that I get into a habit and scrap more regularly. This year I didn't though, and I don't mind the randomness of my pages. It's ok that many of my photos and weeks are not represented in my annual album (which, by the way, I haven't even gotten around to ordering yet). I have a digital journal (Day One) I write in every day, including photos and videos, so I'm documenting my life more than I ever have before. Now my scrapbooking is more for fun and expressing myself artistically. Also for making sure I get some of my photos in print each year. Now that I work outside the home full time, I think this even more relaxed approach (I've always been pretty relaxed) toward my hobby is better. Any amount of scrapping is better than none! And thanks to TLP being such an awesome place, where I check in pretty much every day, I never forget to scrap for very long.

So, no big scrapping goals for 2023. However, now that I'm thinking more about this, I could say finishing MOC is a goal. But I've done it so long now it feels more like a routine (a wonderful routine I LOVE!) than a goal.

And I just remembered another goal I kind of set about a week ago. I want to try to leave love in the gallery more often. I told myself I would start visiting the gallery every time I visit the forum but I keep forgetting. I will go do that now!

8. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

When I stopped scrapping a few years ago, I left several projects unfinished. Things in my personal life were dominating my focus, and I was very disorganized. I have many albums in progress. And I honestly don’t even know what that progress looks like. So my first goal this year is to get organized and see about finishing up an open project or two. Other than that, I’ve set a goal of 50 pages for the year… one a week with a few weeks buffer. I feel like that’s doable. I hope to get way more than that done, but I also want to set attainable goals.

9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Honestly just scrap more consistently - doubt that will be too much of an issue especially first quarter of 2023 with MOC then guest Polly duties but sustaining scrapping beyond that will be interesting

10. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Over the past 6 months or so I've scrapped a lot less than usual. My main goal is to keep scrapping; even if I don't scrap daily like I used to, I still want to make a few pages a week. So I guess my goal is to simplify my pages (or find some other elusive way of speeding them up!) so I can keep making good progress on my albums with less time spent on them.

11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I don't really have an specific goals, I just hope to scrap a little more than I did this year. I also really want to dive back in to my planner! I don't think I touched the one I had last year and I love decorating them.

12. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Yep, This is my only tangible scrapping goal too. I'd like to back into a more regular scrapping routine, but no real specifics here

michelepixels likes this.
  13. kristankremer

kristankremer Member

My current goal is to just get back into it. I hope MOC 11 will be the kick in the pants I need. I am not really doing it for the prizes or whatever, I just think the daily challenges will just give me a starting point for a layout.

Beyond that, I need to just start taking photos again. We're in a weird season of life where my tween boy isn't interested in being in pics and my husband works in another state so we're not together a lot. I've been using that as an excuse to not get creative I guess. But there's all kinds of stuff I can document when you think about it. It doesn't all have to be events and adventures. I just gotta remember that!

I love this idea! I might have to borrow it as well.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  14. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

As my children enter adulthood and I'm not taking as many photos of them anymore. I scrap what I want, when I want, besides CT duties of course.

For me scrapping has completely turned into my creative outlet along with adult coloring. I do it as I please with no true goal in mind other than allowing the calmness and the joy of it into my heart. Being creative is therapy to me so even when I don't have anything to "really" scrap, I find things to scrap about. I scrap nature photos I take, silly Snapchat filter photos of myself. I scrap photoless pages and therapeutic pages. I scrap my poetry and stock photos. I go back and scrap old photos over & over too. Just wherever the muse takes me. :beat

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  15. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Thanks for the question, that got me thinking about my scrapping intentions for next year.

I've always done PL albums each year and I love how my husband and child love flipping through them. That helped to keep the intention going each year, although I must admit that usually by the second half of the year, life would get busier and that project would be on hold. So I actually never had a complete yearly album, usually, there'd be some months missing. But my family never cares about it, they simply enjoy the fact that the memories were recorded.

So moving forward, I'd keep doing this at my own pace, which means creating PL album for 2023. Mainly since next year, I'll be focusing more on the development of other areas in my life. But scrapping will still be there on my schedule. It's one of my therapies.

bestcee likes this.
  16. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

My resolution is to get back into my scrapbooking, I haven't been online or created any pages since February 22 :( work went crazy and life took over. Determined to create more 'me' time in 2023 and do more scrapbooking. May even get some of my project life books finished and printed.

17. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Simply to complete that albums that I have started over the years (there are at least 15 of them) and finally learn PSE. The last one will be hard because it’ll take TIME. Lol!

18. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

No new goals (old goals carried over from last year) but do want to clean up hard drives and photos and want to delve into the big bin of old photos and start scrapping with them.

19. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I don't have a goal,apart from starting to scrap again.
    For personal reasons,family illness , death ,and and just being plain tired, I have barely even opened photoshop,never mind scrapped anything since the spring. That is the first time in over 10 years I have not scrapped at least 1 thing every week.
    So yeah ,my goal is to try and get up on that horse again,even if just a little.

20. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

Interesting to read your intentions.
    In December, I started a YouTube channel with tutorials in French (rather impossible to find some regarding digital scrap) as I thought that this might help French girls who would like to start but don't how to do or don't know what it is exactly. Will try to continue this.
    Otherwise, I would like to continue scrapping as I do.
    I find digital scrapping "magic".