Pad Patter 12|23|2022 Is is freezing?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by sharonb, Dec 23, 2022.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

My dog typically LOVES the cold and snow. He will go out and roll around for hours. But even he is not staying out there long today lol

2. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

We don't have it as bad as many of you, but here in Northern Virginia it's 13 with a feel of 5 now. Later tonight we're going down to 11 with a feel of -11! Luckily all of our precipitation happened before the temperature dropped. There are a few icy patches where things hadn't dried yet, but it's still safe to go out.

3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m probably going to be the envy of you all….firstly it is summer and just after 2pm where I am but it’s currently 24 degrees Celsius or 75 degrees Fahrenheit and god knows how much humidity.

Memaw2Wm, rach3975 and HavaDrPepper like this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Sounds like Heaven to me, Jennifer :cry

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  5. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

It is currently 55. Earlier today it was 84, so that's quite a drop for us. It is supposed to get in the mid 30s tonight but it's not supposed to reach freezing.

6. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

nw indiana -7 overnight, 1 degree daytime, .05 now, not far from zero
    scarry

7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

We never got above zero today. Highest I saw was -2. My outside cameras did capture more snow after dark this evening. Hard enough to kick on the camera but didn't last long. Most of the counties around us are at Level 3 which means if you are out on the roads for non emergency reasons, you can be arrested.

There have been lots of accidents on the interstate highways near me. But the big one was on the turnpike between Toledo and Cleveland... ended up being over 100 cars and there was at least 1 fatality, maybe more. Made national news.

8. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

My injections lasted me 3-6 months if that. Some years I had 3-4. I had Extreme lateral interbody fusion (XLIF) where they straighten the spine to ease nerve pain, put rods and pins to hold the spine into place and spacers to support the discs. It has been successful, but i have nerve pain and numbness in my left leg (the enter the body on the left side. I have about 7 scars.

9. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

I simply cannot imagine the temperatures you are all talking about. I've been to the snow a few times and Germany for Christmas once. But maybe -10C (14F) is the coldest I've ever experienced and that would only have been on a holiday. I cannot imagine trying to function and live in the kinds of snow and ice I see on TV and that you're talking about, esp at Christmas time. It was 30C (86F) Christmas Day in Melbourne, Australia yesterday. More what I'm used to. Although I'm now living in South Asia and we had a top of 12C (53F) here for Christmas Day. Cold for us! Stay warm friends!

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yeah… it’s been in the single digits here in Michigan for days. It’s currently 16 this morning and the crazy wind has stopped so the windchills aren’t as drastic as they have been. Gunn thing is, it’s supposed to be 50 next week. That’s going to melt all our snow and make a mess. Lol.

11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Same here. We didn't get that much snow and rain is forecast along with those temps in the 40s/50s which means flooding. There's a river that goes right through the middle of town and one street is just 10 feet from it. Needless to say that one floods a lot. That always causes issues for school buses to get to the school that is located on that street. Hopefully any flooding will be gone before school starts up on Jan 2.