Pad Patter 12|23|2022 Is is freezing?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by sharonb, Dec 23, 2022.

1. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Happy Day before Christmas Eve!!!
    Is your temperature below freezing? Surprise Surprise- it is here in South Louisiana which is very unusual. It is going to be 28 for the low thru Sunday, and then slowly we go back up to 70! If you don't like the weather here-just wait, it will change!

2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Current temp for me in Ohio is -5 with a feels like of -26. High tomorrow is 12 and high on Christmas is 14. We had less than 3 inches of snow but the wind is blowing it all over the place. Roads are hazardous so I am for sure staying home.

My poor heat pump is running constantly. My office is the northwest corner of the house which is the coldest room since the wind comes from the northwest! I have a heating pad draped over my chair to keep my back warm.

3. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

It is a sheet of ice here in Seattle with all the flights canceled at SeaTac and no bus service. Yesterday we swapped out the frozen water for fresh in the hummingbird feeder. It is too treacherous to go out today. Sorry birds.

4. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

It was 4 degrees this morning at 6:40 when we headed to the local Surgery Center for me to get an injection for a bulging disc in my lumbar spine. The high today is supposed to be 14, which is crazy for Northern Alabama. We have no snow, but there was some ice on parts of the roads and on our cars in our driveway. I was excited that the doctors and other medical staff and the support team all made it in to the Surgery Center so they were running on schedule this morning.

5. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

It is mid afternoon here in Virginia and it was 17 last I checked. Everything is coated in ice.

ETA: and now it’s dropped to 11. Brrrr.

. . . And now 7 degrees.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  6. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Right now in WNC it's 20. The wind makes it feel much colder. It's supposed to get down to single digits tonight which is pretty cold for these parts.

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

It's extremely windy here and we'll be getting lows in the single digits and our high Saturday is only 24F. Glad I got all my errands done yesterday, even though it was miserably rainy. Now I get to stay home for the weekend. (Fredericksburg, VA)

8. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

It was 41° and raining when I drove into the office here in Northern VA (Tysons area). By lunch it had stopped raining, the sun came out, but temps had dropped to 26°, the wind will blow you off your feet, and there are icy patches here and there. Low for tonight is 10°.

9. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

It is currently a mild and moderate 29 degrees F in Ottawa, Canada. Just below freezing, totally doable.

However, we're expecting more snow tomorrow, to be followed by freezing rain, and with the possibility of thundersnow. I am dreading a power outage, which is not so doable.

10. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Kay- you must have back issues like I do. I got injections/ablations for many years and had surgery this year which has really improved my pain. I am very happy. Glad you got your injection but sorry to hear that you need it. Back issues can be very difficult to deal with. good luck!!

11. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

BRR- there is some cold weather out there! It is now 32!! Woot!!

12. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

High of 34 here today. I'm sick with a fever so it's freezing no matter where I go. :-| Heading to my bed now.

13. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

We've had a week of -30C (-22F) and below, but today it warmed up to -19C (-2F). Still feels very cold though.

14. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

we have been for 2 days. yesterday with the windchill was below zero. For those of us in Texas, this is super insane! We had pipe issues this morning, but thankfully resolved it before anything burst!

15. tinkerbell1112

I hope you feel better quickly!!

umyesh likes this.
  16. tinkerbell1112

we were colder than this for the past two days. LOL. And I'm so much further south! lol Yesterday I think our temp was 13. Today it's around 24.

mary kate likes this.
  17. aballen

aballen Don't make me break out the milk

Today was the first day of very cold temperatures in our area (NC) and this morning we lost power for most of the day. Thankfully the power is back on now that is getting colder outside. Right now is 14° with a windchill of -2

18. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

@sharonb- i have degenerative disc disease with 2 bulging disc's in my lumbar spine and one disc in my neck that completely disintegrated and I had it replaced with an artificial disc. This was my 25th injection over the past 10 years, most of them last me almost a year. I have had injections in my SI joints and in my neck also, before the neck surgery. What kind of back surgery did you have?

19. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Currently -3, feels like -24 here in southern WV. I hate it so much. All I've done today is babysit my laundry room water pipes and run my washer ever hour or two. I've also grumbled at the dog every time he wants to go out lol.

20. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My dog doesn't even want to go out and she's trained to go on pee pads in the garage. She's been quite happy curled up inside today.

IntenseMagic likes this.