MOC 11 - A brief glimpse

Discussion in 'MOC 2023 - Coming Home' started by mrs2a50, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

should be much easier then last year, with the 2 designers leaving during moc

2. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

yahooooo i look forward to this every year. i have fun, learn some new scrapping things and get a lot of pages done

Sara likes this.
  3. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

YAY! I am very excited! I can't wait to see what the changes will be! Looking forward to coming home with you all!!

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

Sara and Cath_ like this.
  4. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

So exciting! I like that we are changing things up a bit!

Sara likes this.
  5. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

that would be wonderful

6. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

Super excited!

Sara likes this.
  7. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

No, there will not be a retirement sale before MOC begins. But! One of the extra perks of this year is that you can use retired products so long as the designer is a current TLP designer.

8. myka

myka Well-Known Member

Thank you for the briefing on MOC this year, and thanks for the registration link, I have not gotten the newsletter yet. It sounds really heartfelt this year, which I like.

Sara likes this.
  9. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@scarletsierra I really do like that new rule because my digi spending budget is zero until possibly late January when the government may pay me an allowance for the volunteer work I do.

Sara and Becca Bonneville like this.
  10. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I'm registered and can't wait to hear more about it! I love that we can use retired products by current designers. I can't tell you how many times I thought I had the perfect kit or template only to realize it was retired when I checked the store before starting my page!

This is exactly how I feel about it. I like the sound the new philosophy, wanting our pages to be more meaningful to us and organic vs. using a certain number of buttons. The way I read the other post, there won't be completion prizes for most of us anymore. I'm not a competitive person, so it isn't meaningful to me to finish all 31 challenges just for the sake of finishing. In years past the prize meant I pushed myself to do the extra 5 or 10 that didn't speak to me, but this year I'm much more likely to do the 10 or so that are most meaningful to me and skip the others. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I'll miss getting 31 layouts done in a month--that was the real best part of MOC--but I know myself well enough to realize that I need the external motivation to get that many done. I do understand why things had to change. I can't imagine the work and expense of doing it the old way!

11. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

So excited to see the MOC coming up!

Sara likes this.
  12. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Anne-Marie, you and your hubby had one heck of a year with the flooded house. I can't even image what the theme "coming home" means to you, having lost so much. We are blessed to have you with the positivity and hope you spread. And, I'm incredibly happy you be able to join MOC - 11.

Angela Toucan, Sara, A-M and 2 others like this.
  13. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

Super excited for MOC in January... crazy hectic first month of the year but MOC is soooo worth it on top of everything else that happens. Looking forward to being more creative.

14. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

Over the top excited for January MOC. I can't wait to get all the details. I'm loving what I have heard so far. I like that we don't have to worry about every item in your LO with the new rule of if the designer is still at TLP it counts. Awesome! This will save me time and stress. I'm hoping that each challenge is something "print" worthy. In the past I have done LOs just for the sake of completing that challenge, with no intentions of ever printing it. I'm hoping this will be the year that I print 31 LOs. :) Thanks for all the work and effort that goes into this by the staff. I wake up with a smile every single day in January knowing I have something fun to do.

15. zotova

zotova Well-Known Member

Wow, I signed up and am looking forward to January!

Sara likes this.
  16. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Sounds great! I know exactly how @michelepixels felt when I was notified, almost yearly, that my template looked nothing like the template should have looked like and then I had to start that challenge over. In my eyes, I could still see that original template.

michelepixels likes this.
  17. FL-Karen

FL-Karen Well-Known Member

Excited!! I signed up! :)

Cath_ likes this.
  18. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

I'm signing up! Last year was my first ever MOC and I really enjoyed it and learned a lot. I doubt I'll keep up this year - our daughter is coming home for a visit and will be with us through the first week of January, and we have some travel that week, too. But, I want to play where, and when, I can!

19. mocamom

mocamom Runs on coffee. And with scissors.

I've always been overwhelmed with MOC and never finished it. I think this year is more doable for me because of the fluidity regarding the rules. Plus, this is a topic that is near and dear to my heart. Hopefully I walk away with 31 layouts for my family album.

Sara, Becca Bonneville and Cath_ like this.
  20. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

I love this year's theme... I think from time to time we all need to become grounded about what is important in life and why we scrapbook. Three cheers to a good twenty-twenty three!

Sara, Cath_ and Becca Bonneville like this.