P365 2011 - Are you in???

Discussion in 'Project 365' started by MandaKay, Jan 1, 2011.

1. judet

judet Active Member

I'm (kind of) in! My main aim is to get better with my camera and to take a picture of something nice each day so there's a focussing on the positive aspect of it which is something I really need on my life.

Had a P365 fail on day one, hows that for a bad start, lol! But like has been said, it's no big deal. I completely forgot to take a pic on New Years Day, and then I've just pulled yesterday's pics off the camera and realised I'd left the ISO set to max. So I guess I've learnt some lessons already :)

I've got no intention of scrapping all these pics, I'll either print them as is and put them in a flippy album or do a plain and simple photobook.

2. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

That's what I really liked the idea of - having the album actually sat there for everyone to look through and contribute to! I had it added to my cart ready to go until I realised the shipping to get it here was going to cost me more than the actual kit!

I hope you will share updates of your Project Life from time to time, I would love to see :)

3. Keela

Keela I have puppy fever!!

I'm going to try too. :)

4. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

I am doing it this year...the whole year...even if it kills me!!

5. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Crystal I LOVE this idea! I just snagged Val's Block It P365 to do the same! Thanks!

6. emilymerritt

emilymerritt skrpbkmom

I'm definitely in...fourth year in a row! :)

7. RebeccaH

i just went back and glanced through the first 4 weeks of photos from 2010... I don't think I could even scrounge one together for last year. There are whole weeks that are void of a single photo. I am DEFINITELY going to have to do better this year at making sure I document each day.

8. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

that is why I am trying to commit to this, there were weeks that we were so busy (and I was so stressed) that i never even took the camera out of the bag. Definitely need to remedy that this year, even if they are just cell phone pics.

9. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

I just ordered the project life kit and got the turquoise option too (that seems to be a popular choice!) Mine is coming from New Zealand so hopefully it will be here in a day or 2. Yay!

It was expensive for me on postage too, it cost me approx $90US in total, (although it must weigh a bit with all the goodies you get) but I just know that if I did my own version I would change my mind too often about the look of it and would give up, same if I went digital. I'm hoping this way the kids can get involved and they will nag me if pics are missing etc.

10. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I finished a project 365 in 2009. I just got a DSLR so I think I want to do another one using my new camera. :)

11. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

hum project life is intriguing.. but then i'd have to actually print pics! lol.

12. Kate

It would have cost me C$148 with the postage (coming from Canada) - eek! I just blogged about a few P365 / Project Life alternative options, I still haven't decided whether to make my own PL or to go digital!! I am sure Gabi did Project Life last year, I'll ask her for any tips or advice!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  13. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

OUCH!!

14. Kate

That's what I said! Or words to that effect....What I actually said might have been slightly ruder than that.... :giggle

15. RebeccaH

yes, i have no scruples about busting out the cell phone for a quick pic. some of my favorite pics i have ever taken have come from the cell phone... not from a quality of photography perspective, but the memories captured.

16. MandiN

MandiN New Member

I'm in!! I did good the first two days, but totally failed yesterday but instead of freaking out about it, I think I'll put a little quote in the block for it, and in the description area describe what happened. I had a slight emergency yesterday so that story will be interesting to read later on.

17. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Great idea Mandi!!! And yes, don't fret those misses! I usually try to take a pic of something that might correlate with the big thing of the day, the next day!

18. RebeccaH

Yes, Mandi, I missed today already. I know I still have time to take a picture, but I'm not sure what to take a picture of. :shrug do i just take a picture of some random thing? idk.

19. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Believe me - random things are sometimes by best pictures Rebecca! Take a picture of your favorite thing about your house you are living in right now, take a picture of your workspace right now, take a picture of food, take a picture of a toy laying on the ground - all are snippets of your life!

20. RebeccaH

i ended up taking a picture of my computer screen. lol