August 2022 - Monthly Muse - Week 2

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Aug 9, 2022.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hi and welcome to Week 2 of the August Monthly Muse Challenge which is all about TAGS this month. :)

This week we are going to take a look at creating your own tags from scratch, in whatever style you want them to be. If you dare to take a look on Pinterest :backing you will swamped with various ideas, from the traditional styled tag to super stunning artsy type ones, and everything in between! Tags can also be any shape you want them to be!

To get you started, take a look at these inspiration boards I have put together for you, what style/shapes takes your fancy?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see there are PLENTY of different styles that would suit everybody! To see more ideas take a look at my Tags board on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com.au/onaboo/tags/

Tag Shapes:
    If you are using Photoshop or Elements then you already have some inbuilt shapes that you start with. If you are using another program then take a look and see what shapes you have available.
    [​IMG]

There are also a lot of free shapes available on the internet for Photoshop and Elements if you would like to search for those on Google. I have included the link I found for the tag shape I used on my own tags below.

Challenge for Week 2
    For this week's challenge you need to create a new tag! This means you need to start it from scratch, please don't use any tags that have been already created by a designer. :)

Decorate your tag according to your own preferences, so take a look at the boards above for some ideas and then find your paints, gesso, laces, flowers etc and whatever else you want to use on them. :)

You can create just the tag and post in the gallery and here, like I have, or else incorporate your tag (or tags) into a layout............ however, just a heads up, in Week 4 we will be incorporating the tag (or tags) you create this week into layout so stay tuned for that! :)

My tags:
    I ended up making a triptych with mine as my plan is to print them out and use them in my art journal. The original idea came from listening to Stevie Nicks singing Rhiannon, a song about an 'old Welsh witch'. I have always loved that song so then I started looking through my stash to see what I could use on the three tags, to tie in with the lyrics from the song that I used on each tag. I really had a lot of fun making these. :)
    [​IMG]
    Credits are in the gallery, but I download the free tag shape from http://www.shapes4free.com/photoshop-custom-shapes/price-tag-photoshop-custom-shapes/

You may create any style of tag (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without a photo, in any size or shape. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. Please make sure to read the challenge info above! :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to Midnight EST August 31, 2022 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! Every layout you create is equal to one entry in the random draw. So if you create 1 layout you are entered once, if you create 4 layouts you are entered 4 times. :)

You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

Looking forward to seeing what you creative peeps do this week!!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    Cherylndesigns and umyesh like this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

LOVE your tags, Ona! The black background is gorgeous!!

wombat146 likes this.
  3. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

[​IMG]

Tag is made from scratch in Photoshop

4. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

5. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Having so much fun making tags
    [​IMG]

6. wombat146

Fabulous tags girls, so excited to see them!!! they all look so very different and creative! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

7. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

8. Lillyia

Lillyia Well-Known Member

@wombat146 Thank you for the challenge. I enjoyed it.
    [​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  9. wombat146

You are most welcome Lillyia and wow! your tags are beautiful! I can see these being printed and attached to some gifts you may be giving in the future!! Lovely work!

10. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you Ona for this challenge ❤️

[​IMG]

11. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Love the challenge Ona ...
    [​IMG]

12. Lillyia

Lillyia Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your kind remarks @wombat146! I do plan to print them and hang them at various places around my house as reminders and inspiration to keep pushing toward my goals. This challenge was just the right one at the right time for me. :)

wombat146 likes this.
  13. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Awesome!!! Tags Everyone!!!... @wombat146 ...Cool! Challenge Ona!!!...Perhaps I May Take A Stab At This...I Actually Love Creating Tags!!!...:banana:bk...

wombat146 likes this.
  14. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

First - great challenge! We'll see where I can take this.

Second - can anyone tell me *why* I cannot see this thread individually under the Art Journal heading? When I click on "Art Journaling" I can see Tutorials and last October's 31 days challenge - and that's it. When I look at Art Journaling under the "Scrapping Pad" header, I can see a new post for August's monthly Muse...

Obviously, I've messed up a setting somewhere and it's just me. Anyone got an idea? Thanks! I'll post back if I figure it out...

*deep sigh* This must be the only forum I look at where there are "sub-forums." My screen was only showing me the top 1/3rd of the total page - if I SCROLL DOWN a bit, the individual threads show up. *facepalm* wanders off shaking her head and wondering how she's survived this long in the computer world with such a lack of situational awareness...

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  15. wombat146

LOL! yeah, every forum is different, don't worry, have had same sort of problems over the years in other forums too!!! :giggle

16. wombat146

What a GREAT idea!! :beat

17. wombat146

wow!! some more awesome tags have been added!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

18. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I went with using stamps and art transfers. Thank you for the muse. I've used the opportunity to play with a new elements pack I picked up today using a chat coupon to go with my BYOC May 2022 stash.
    [​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  19. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the fun tag challenge, Ona.

[​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  20. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

I thought this would be easy but it was more difficult to create a tag I liked than I expected.

[​IMG]