Amazon... | pad patter 8.9.22

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Aug 9, 2022.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm now wondering if I will ever see my husband or son again :giggle Or ever be able to get in the bathroom lol

Memaw2Wm and bestcee like this.
  2. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I used up the last of a gift card on these....

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 7.42.07 PM.png

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

You must be soooo excited!!! Yay!!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

I love shopping online because it's so convenient and most often, the price is cheaper compared to physical store. Here in Malaysia, one of the most popular online shopping platforms is Shopee where you can order everything from groceries, baby products, travel tickets, electrical products, furnitures, etc.

Recently I bought a rice ball maker to make rice balls for my toddler:
    72e120c7207dfd896cea8af1682cb989.jpg

And also some pastel-coloured folders to store important documents:
    c6e06c26a70953d095494fdb17ec3e83.jpg

Memaw2Wm and bestcee like this.
  5. zakirahzakaria

On another note, I also bought a wardrobe on Shopee last month. It's like IKEA where we need to assemble it ourselves. The problem is when the boxes arrived, one of them is for a cabinet which we did not buy, so until today, I'm still waiting for them to pick up the wrong box and give me the correct one. Until then, we have to use baskets to store our clothes because we just moved into a new and unfurnished house.

This is how the wardrobe supposed to look like:
    e5bc13d0f09a9fb5f22072c8e3a050b5.jpg

bestcee likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Pretty wardrobe! Also, that rice ball maker looks so fun! @zakirahzakaria

7. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

No closets? We had wardrobes when we lived in Germany back in 1973-75.

If I remember correctly, closets were considered rooms and each room was taxed. Similar to the real estate taxes we pay on our properties here, but our yearly tax is based on the value of the house, which is based on the average sales of similar houses over the past year.

8. zakirahzakaria

Yup, no closets too. Just bare and empty rooms. This house is actually a gift from my late father. I believe he intended to do more to it, but alas he was gone too soon. Nevertheless, I'm still grateful to him for this house. I was just ranting about the unfortunate online shopping experience. Hopefully the furniture company will get this fixed soonest or we'll live with our laundry in baskets for many months to come :giggle :rollin.

bestcee likes this.
  9. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Oh, I just find it interesting how houses are different around the world. Sorry to hear that your father has passed, but what a wonderful gift he gave you. Fingers crossed that the furniture company gets you the right box asap ... although I know people whose clothes live in laundry baskets in spite of having dressers and closets. :)

zakirahzakaria and bestcee like this.
  10. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

My son (22) just moved into a rental house with 2 friends for his senior year of college- so we have been purchasing stuff he needs for the new place. I think the last order I placed on Amazon included blackout curtains for his bedroom window. My youngest is doing an internship where she shadows providers at the nearby hospital 2 days a week during school, and she needed white leather shoes with no mesh so I found nursing shoes for her on Amazon as well as a white, long-sleeve, plain (no-logo) shirt to wear under her scrub tops. I also ordered some quilting supplies for me (square clear rulers and a new rotary cutter), and stuff to clean a glass stovetop- paste and scrubby sponges.

keepscrappin likes this.