International Beer Day | Pad Patter 08.06

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by ArmyGrl, Aug 6, 2022.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I can do Rum! I like the sugar!!! But Vodka :think...tried Gin too...but just not a fan of these types of ETOH. It is so fun to learn about different peoples flavor preferences.

jk703 likes this.
  2. ArmyGrl

Yes!!!!!! Yum.

3. ArmyGrl

Yes to locally owned and operated breweries! These tend to be the kind of beers I like. I guess it's the experimenting and being adventurous with flavors. Its fun!

amien1 likes this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I usually don't like beer. If I do drink it it is Guinness only :) Red wine is my usual.

5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

It IS! That's why I like it. It's yummy!:yowza

6. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

Like the other beer drinkers who have commented here, I'm big on Sours. I also like stouts, but tend to only drink them in the winter. My husband and I visit lots of breweries, especially on vacation! In fact, I'm dreading trying to scrap some of those vacations because almost all my pictures are just beer (we "check in" the beers we drink and rate them on an app called Untappd, which I guess I started to prioritize over actually memory keeping when we're at breweries lol).

ArmyGrl likes this.
  7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I love beer. But I can’t drink it anymore because of the gluten and alcohol. Sigh. I’ve tried gluten-free beers but they just aren’t the same. Oh well! Y’all enjoy a cold one for me!

8. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Years ago, I really didn't like beer. I found it too bitter and tasteless. Since craft breweries started up and expanded like crazy, I really enjoy beer now. We often go to test out one of the local breweries and do a flight tasting. My faves are stout/porter/winter ale, a dark brown ale and the summer citrus/berry heifeweizen/wheat ales. Our favourite brew pub makes an amazing raspberry blonde ale. I really detest the IPAs (or anything with a high IBU) which seem to be pretty popular.

9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Nope, I don’t drink really any alcohol at all. If I’m out for a meal with friends or family I’ll have some type of non alcoholic sparkling fruity drink. Occasionally I’ll splurge and buy a hard cider for a change.

10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

If I drink beer it is usually the lite variety i.e. Miller Lite or Coors Light. I was checking out the beers available on the ship and there is one, Amstel Light, that I am going to try. I like to save my carbs for food not drinks.

11. ArmyGrl

I will! I do feel bad for your intolerance. Amazing how the body changes over time.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  12. ArmyGrl

Yes! This is what I'm talking about! lol So tasty and a nice treat. Have a beer instead of dessert.

janedee likes this.
  13. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Well, considering how I’d feel if I drank one I really don’t miss it at all. It’s astonishing just how much I enjoy and appreciate a nice cold glass of filtered water these days. And yes, I’m getting old! Lol!

14. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

I cannot with the beer. The only time I will have one is at Wrigley Field while watching my Cubs play. It just feels right. Haha.