Comedians | Pad Patter 8/8

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Aug 8, 2022.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Hubby and I love going to see comedians especially in Vegas because we always can get cheap tickets at the half off tickets booth. Sometimes we see famous ones and sometimes not so famous ones. Sometimes we get to meet them! We have seen Don Rickles, George Carlin, Sinbad, Jeff Foxworthy, Ron white, David Spade, Rita Rudner, Joe Koy, Chelsea Handler, Bill Engvall, and Gabrielle Iglesius. There have been more I just don’t remember who else right now. I am not a fan of comedians who pick on people in the audience and would be mortified if that happened to me. The best show we saw was Sinbad. Joe Koy was great too because after the theater emptied out he came back on stage and asked if people wanted to get autographs he would be in the lobby. We got to meet him and his mom. Also had our pictures taken with him. I also think Gabriel Iglesias is very funny too.

Do you have a favorite comedian? If you could see anyone in person from today or the past, who would it be?

2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

That’s so fun you’ve seen so many! I would be mortified to be called up too.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I still love Jay Leno and Tim Allen is a riot, too. They're very funny together. Johnny Carson is my all-time favorite. though. Adam Corolla is a riot, too - my dd and I watched him when he had that home improvement show years ago before anybody had even heard of him. He was so funny on that show. He and his crew used to call out to each other to see where they were. Instead of "Marco - Polo" they'd say "Adam - Corolla". We still say that.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Michael McIntyre makes me howl with laughter. Jim Gaffigan always makes me laugh as well.

bonnenuit and Meredith78 like this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I think I've only been to one comedy show in my life and it was a comedy club in Dayton. Honestly can't even tell you who the comedian was, probably someone local to Dayton. And, honestly, I don't even recognize the names of comedians today. I prefer the comedy from the 60's/70's. Especially slapstick comedy.

I did enjoy a few comedians in the early days of Showtime, Gallagher and Elayne Boosler. I related to Elayne Boosler a lot since she was a single lady in her 30's and a lot of her comedy focused on the dating scene.

Going way back though, one of the comedians I enjoyed a lot was Phyllis Diller. And, when she joked about her hometown, it resonated... she was born in Lima, just 14 miles from me. My dad grew up in Lima and would always say "yep, that's how it was" even though he was 12 years younger than her.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  6. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Hubby and I just realized over the last year or so that this is one of our fave things to do...see comedians.

We randomly went to a comedy bar in Chattanooga that we had seen on Dry Bar Comedy (I can't remember his name). We had so much fun. My hubby wants to sit up nice & close because he WANTS them to pick on us. And he did. LOL!

Since then we've seen John Crist and JP Sears.

We like clean comedy. While I like JP Sears youtube stuff...he got a little too crass in his live show for me.

We like to watch Dry Bar Comedy as well.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  7. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

We have a local comedy club and sometimes they bring in some big names, but most of the time they are 'no namers' but still very funny! We've gone a couple times & loved it! I think my favorite of all time is Ron White. lol!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  8. weaselwatchr

I love Jim Gaffigan. His show was awesome.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  9. weaselwatchr

We have seen him a few times, and I think the best thing about him is that he just doesn't care!!! He drinks his drink and does his show and does not care, lol! I know you know what I mean. Unless you have seen him live you won't have any idea what I am talking about.

amien1 likes this.
  10. weaselwatchr

Also will have to lokk up Michael McIntyre!

11. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I love Jeff Dunum. And his puppets
    Also George Lopez... Chris Rock... .
    When working at the air port I got to meet Larry the Cable guy in person ..he was so laid back and such a nice guy... love his personality. .
    Eric and I watch lots of comedy shows on Netflix and showtime. . We don't have favorites. Just love laughes

weaselwatchr likes this.
  12. weaselwatchr

I forgot we saw George Lopez and Larry the Cable Guy in Vegas too! It’s so cool you got to meet him!

dotcomkari likes this.
  13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I've been to a few shows but the biggest I saw was Kevin Hart. I've seen a bunch at comedy clubs here in NJ and NY. Unfortunately, I never remember their names, lol! I love to laugh, so I usually have a good time!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I saw George Carlin once and another guy I can't for the life of me remember... my hubby would. Lol. I texted my hubby... it was Rodney Carrington.

We've also gone to a nearby comedy club a couple of times to hear random people. They've all been pretty funny, but I never think to seek out comedy shows for some reason. I used to listed to Daniel Tosh and Dane Cook when some coworkers had their CDs back in the day. They are both rather crass, but pretty funny too.

@weaselwatchr Sinbad came from my area. :D Unfortunately I never got to see him here.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  15. gonewiththewind

He's English and there's just something about him that makes me giggle uncontrollably. Once I get started laughing at him, he gets funnier and funnier.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  16. stephc777

stephc777 Active Member

I like Jim Gaffigan & have seen him in person. His netflix special King Baby is one of my favorite videos to watch. I just got introduced to Leanne Morgan recently and she is funny. I also like Dustin Nickerson and Brian Regan.

17. gonewiththewind

Yes! Leanne Morgan! She is so funny. I love it when she says "so yummy." LOL