Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by bestcee, Aug 8, 2022.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Have we read this one as a book club? My IRL friends decided to. It's a quick read, and I have so many many comments about it! Of course when we got together to chat, we ended up not talking about the book at all. :giggle

So, have we read this one and I'm not seeing it? Or has anyone read this book and wants to chat?

2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm going to go look it up! I'm reading The Paris Apartment currently. I love new books. My list is never ending, lol!

I just finished The Paper Magician series, Verity (CRAZY!), Counterfeit, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, and a whole bunch of Wendy Webb Ghost stories...

ETA: Mrs. Harris sounds delightful!

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

It's a movie now. That's how my friend group found it. The plan was to read then go see, but the movie hasn't come to my town yet!

Of course, I always love to compare a book and movie and which was better!

Seriously, the book is a quick short read - like 100 pages or so.

jk703 likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We haven't read that one for our book club here. I did just see that it was going to be a movie. Maybe I should read it. A quick book is what I need right now. I'm two books behind on my Goodreads challenge for the year. Whoops!

@jk703 I just read the Paris Apartment too. It took me quite awhile to keep all the characters straight in that one! I really wish I could go visit this actual apartment building though. It sounds fascinating!

5. jk703

Oh I love books to movie - and I have to read them first too! I read the Crawdads and the went to see the movie. I enjoyed both. Some parts of the book were glossed over in the movie but I enjoyed both immensely.

bestcee likes this.
  6. jk703

I totally agree... I am about halfway through.... it was a struggle with characters. I'm at the point that things are slowly clicking....and I'm reading it, but it's not making me turn the pages as fast as I usually do.

I'm right on schedule with my challenge. My goal was 124, lol! 12 extra that the year before. I'm a fast reader.

Karen likes this.
  7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I’d love to read this! I’m going to see the movie tomorrow. :circles

bestcee and jk703 like this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Holy smokes! That is a LOT of reading! :D Good for you! I have my goal set at 30 I think. :dizzy I used to read so much more, but I joined a IRL book club, and there is something about reading a book that I "have" to read that slows me down. We read "book club" type books with lots of discussion points too, so I have to pay attention more. Lol. I don't mind, we read good stuff, but sometimes I just wanna read a fluff book and zip through it without working too hard. :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  9. jk703

I read fast... I'm up to 84 books. I don't watch TV though. I also joined a IRL Book Club... those books are harder to read, and I'm slower like you, but I stick it through... Seven Husbands was one of those - and the most memorable. Verity was a spark of someone else reading it and texted we all have to read it... so then it was a "pseudo" book club book! :giggle

Karen likes this.