International Beer Day | Pad Patter 08.06

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by ArmyGrl, Aug 6, 2022.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Oh man, I missed International Beer Day yesterday!

Do you like beer? If yes, do you like stout, light, agers, ales, wheat beers, oat beers, designer beers?

I like beer. But beer tends to be thick and filling - so I don't drink it often. I like all the "designer" beers and seasonal blends (especially autumn and winter blends - the spices - yum). I used to find an alcohol version of root beer - was quite yummy. I like the "apple" beers and "ginger" beers. I also like wheat beers and an occasional very thick and yummy stout beer. Great with pizza!!!

[​IMG]

2. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I prefer beer over wine. To be honest ... I hate wine. LOL Nowadays I'm more or less a teetotaller (I don't want to drink calories) but every now and then I treat me one of these:
    [​IMG]
    Probably the only good thing coming from Denmark (besides 2 of my ancestors back in the 1600s) LOL

3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Nope, never really have been a beer drinker. I preferred vodka and then sloe gin. Now, I just don't drink.

However, about 40 years ago I was dating a guy one summer and he played in softball tournaments almost every weekend. We took coolers of whatever we wanted to drink. I did end up drinking beer then but it had to be Michelob Light and it had to be ice cold and only when it was 85 degrees or higher! Even then my cooler was filled with Dr Pepper.

4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Nope, I didn't like the one or two tastes of beer I had when I was a young adult and then never had any interest in trying again. I was raised by parents who had no interest in drinking (my mom especially because she had an alcoholic father). My husband decided during his college years he didn't want to drink alcohol too. So I'm rarely around it. I don't drink much of anything other than water. I agree with Eva about not wanting to drink calories. I do like lemonade though (only it has to be made with real lemons, not the powdered stuff) and that's my drink of choice if I want a special drink. Less than once a year . . . way less than once a year, like 3 or 4 times in the last 20 years . . . I will have something like a margarita for fun. Oh! I almost forgot, I also drink sparkling cider to toast in the New Year and occasionally I'll drink the fresh squeezed grapefruit juice my grocery store Wegmans offers, just for variety.

5. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Nope, don’t like beer, actually I rarely drink anything alcoholic. My mom’s dad was an alcoholic, so she didn’t drink nor did my dad. My kids and at least one grandkid have/had addiction issues which I think trace to my grandfather and through my ex-husband and his mother.

My drink of preference is Pepsi.

ArmyGrl likes this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I used to like beer - I drank Bud Light when it first came out. Now, beer gives me heartburn, so I don't drink it. I never liked the dark, lager beers, though.

7. ArmyGrl

I know what you mean about not wanting to drink calories!

tanteva likes this.
  8. ArmyGrl

Henceforth your forum/gallery name! :lol

9. ArmyGrl

Honestly, I have to be careful with any alcohol these days. Too much gives me acid reflux. Its like the stomach cells are saying hey, stop killing me! But do like a glass of wine, or a beer, or a whiskey! Just in moderation.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  10. ArmyGrl

An occasional margarita is fun!

michelepixels likes this.
  11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Well, yes, in an indirect way. It is actually for my first Havanese dog whose AKC name was Circo Dr. Pepper. He was indirectly named for the drink. As I was driving to pick him up I knew I wanted a name that started with the letter P and he was a black dog. I took a drink of pop (Dr Pepper) and it hit me that pepper is black. Hence, he was named Pepper. A Havanese group I was in all used the "Hava" before their dog names when we were in chat and HavaDrPepper was born.

12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Same. I found a white wine that I can drink - Moscato - that's about it - it really goes down smoothly and no acid reflux - I can't drink any "hard" liquor. My dd can drink the hard stuff, but nothing else. We're all so different.

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I do like beer and I think it's fun to go to a Brewery with friends and try different beers. The only ones i really don't like are the IPAs. They are too bitter for my tastes. Mostly though I usually prefer a good dry red wine instead. :giggle

14. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

I didn't think I liked beer until recently! There's a local brewery that has a couple sour beers which I love. :love

15. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Mmmm beer!! lol! I do like beer. I'm a big fan of the sours that are getting popular now! We tend to find local breweries where ever we travel to sample/eat. I don't particularly care for IPA's- unless they are on the lower side of the IBUs. My stepdad owned a brewery- Dick's Beer in Centralia, WA- after he passed away, his daughter took it over & it's still running & popular to this day! My favorite she makes for me every summer is a Raspberry Belgium Triple (high alcohol!) but SO yummy!

16. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I don't like the taste of beer at all. Not one bit..in fact I'm not a big drinker . I may have a margarita or Pina colada here or there with the girls or maybe a wine cooler ..but not a heavy drinker or party animal... and Eric doesn't drink at all not even a drop.

17. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I’m not a beer fan so when we were in Ireland, i was offered Guinness with blackberry juice. It made it palatable but I’m sure real beer drinkers gag at the thought. I was also introduced to hard cider on that trip. I had many a pint during that trip. Yummy.

18. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Not a beer person. Blech. I usually tend to stick to Vodka or Rum when drinking.

19. ArmyGrl

Moscato is good! Is very sweet!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  20. ArmyGrl

I definitely go for the dry reds! But it is fun try different things and flavors. A total yes to beer tasting!

Karen likes this.