Enable Me!! - Pen Snobs & Hoarders

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by LoveItScrapIt, Jul 29, 2022.

1. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

All are welcome here....hmph
    so being a poet and writer and planner, I love pens.....
    I used to have a few faves that wrote smooth but over the years they are either discontinued or I just can't remember what they were rofl....

So enable me, I've got some cash to blow and I want some new writing tools!
    :cloud9:fruit:cloud9:fruit:helpy

2. Laura ODonnell

Laura ODonnell Well-Known Member

I am also a pen lover. Do you mean fountain pens, gel pens?

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  3. Laura ODonnell

Laura ODonnell Well-Known Member

For gel pens I like the zebra sarasa 0.5 And the uni jetstreams

for fountain pens kaweco sport and twsbi you can’t go wrong

4. LoveItScrapIt

Just pens to write. Notes. Poems. In my journal. Planner. Whatever. Lol

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

My favorite writing pen is the Pilot Precise V5. I buy them in a box of 12, and I prefer black ink.

[​IMG]

BUT I just ordered this set because it has such fun colors. They're supposed to arrive on Monday.

[​IMG]

I bought these when I was trying out bullet journaling. I still like to use them in my Happy Planner.

[​IMG]

I bought these for my son to use for school, but he never did, so I commandeered them. LOL They are a bit thicker though. I prefer a very fine nib. These are handy for filling in doodles.

[​IMG]

And these I got for coloring. I love that they are double-sided.

[​IMG]

I also have some Arteza Fineliners 0.4 that I use for coloring and for my planner.

[​IMG]

I also have a cheap set of gel pens, regular Sharpies, fine point Sharpies, and Zebra Mildliners.

Yes. I know I have a problem.

6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

After I had my rotator cuff surgery, I was told that it would be much easier for me to have a bigger barrel writing instrument. So I had to find both mechanical pencils (used at work all the time) and pens that I could grip. (I still have a hard time with regular Bic pens to this day... 20 years later).

I finally settled on the Pilot G-2 pens and they come in various colors! I used the red and black at work and the colors at home. I'm very partial to the purple and teal colors. Every so often I would buy a multi-colored pack to have them when needed. Like Cheryl I have quite a few and they were stashed everywhere so I honestly didn't know what I had! But now they are all together in a Sterlite sweater box container. I've got my Pilot pens, a few mechanical pencils (Pentel Twist-Erase Click), some Bic highlighters, some Sharpie highlighters and some colored Sharpie fine point markers.

And, for traditional scrapbooking I have another container full of CM pens... fine tip, bold tip and chisel tip! At one time I was also using colored pencils and I think they might be in the bottom of a different container of scrapping stuff. Although I found those hard to use since they were hard for me to hold. Probably why they are buried!

7. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I got the Zebra Pen Doodlerz 60ct from Amazon. For 60 pens, the price is not too bad. The reviews, good and bad, are correct. Many pens are smooth and yummy. Some skip a bit. No issues with pens not working. Overall, not a bad purchase for the price. The inks are pretty thick in all types - meaning I can use these for mixed-media (they go over acrylic paints).

[​IMG]

8. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm another one that is a fan of the pilot extra fine point.

9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

My new favorite - just for writing! I bought a big box of them I love them so much!

2022-07-30.jpg

10. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

This one is my favorite- and I like the medium or sometimes even the thicker point. I have one of these at work that I literally labeled with my name I like it so much! lol!

11. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I just bought those! They're great! I was mad at myself tho - I bought the white outside ones thinking they were white inked pens! DOH!

LoveItScrapIt and Cherylndesigns like this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Aren't they THE best????? I LOVE them so much!!! That's so funny that you thought they were white ink - you sound just like me. hahaha

13. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I stole one of those from a co-worker. It is a very good pen.:rofl

14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

If anyone ever borrows a pen (I always carry one in my purse), they instantly love it and I end up giving the pen away. Spreading the love, one pen at a time!

15. LoveItScrapIt

I love this!!!!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

It depends on the purpose.

My Planner and To Do Lists: I adore the pilot frixon pens. They have yummy colors, a fine point and are erasable. I have some awesome markers too by them that are erasable.

My journal aka - permanence: I'm still a big RSVP pen fan. Fine point, black for my journal. Sometimes purple or other colors for other things, but usually just black.

Other pens I like and use:
    G2 Pens. I don't care for these all the time because they can smear.
    Precise V5 RT: Love how fine a point this one is! I found it when doodling and mocking up things for school. I don't always like the gel ink look to it though. So, I only have 2.

I also keep the ransom pens that people hand out on my desk as decoys! Other house members take those and leave my favorites alone!

17. LoveItScrapIt

I'll have to look into a few of these I don't recognize.

18. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

My daughter's a self-confessed pen snob and loves the Sakura Gelli-roll pens for planner/diary stuff -i bought the 'classic ' pack which is multi coloured plus they have a white ink pen if you use black paper (& you can buy just the white ones in a multi pack of maybe 3 or 4 if you are prolific & I've bought that too after she ran out)- I think the Aussie Amazon site here just gets them from the actual Japanese manufacturer or distributor but it was a few years back.
    I prefer Posca Paint Pens for white because if I've drawn lead pencil sketch lines the Posca will draw straight over it, no erasing required , where the Gelli-roll kind of breaks up if I don't erase it.

19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

These are my current favorite pens…

Pentel EnerGel Deluxe RTX Gel Ink Pens, 0.7 Millimeter Metal Tip, Blue Ink, 3-Pack (BL77BP3C) https://a.co/44Kxk6m

I’m on my phone and can’t figure out how to copy the image address to add a pictures, but I must have blue ink. I used to love the InkJoy gel pens, but then I went through a string of bad ball points that I had to throw away and switched to these and love them even more.

I also love those precise v5 pens for art journal because they are fine and dry super fast and don’t smear when I paint over them.

I’m going to have to check out those sharpie ones. I love pens.

20. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

These are my fav pens too. At the office I use black and red, but for personal use purple is my fav color.