Distractions | pad patter 7.19.22

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Jul 19, 2022.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I came to the site this morning to start the pad patter for today and I got distracted by some forum posts and then started looking through the store and working on a tutorial for next week's summer school.

Now that's it's about a quarter to 3 and I'm finally getting around to the pad patter, it only feels appropriate to start it off with this gif from Disney's movie, Up.

[​IMG]

So what's your squirrel... err, distraction today?

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Sounds very familiar, Kayla. Happens to me all the time. I get a lot of text messages all day from the family as well and was on a call for about an hour today.

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

LOL I have Adhd. Life is my distraction.

Cath_ and keepscrappin like this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Surprisingly, I haven't gotten too distracted today. I had a hair appt, so I was kind of tied to a chair for a couple of hours.
    But...I logged on here probably 30 minutes ago to check out new posts and head to the gallery while I had a little bit of down time and was reading back through the jeans post and have been looking at the Democracy "Ab"solution website (thanks to Jenn @jk703, Cheryl @Cherylndesigns, and Sharon @sharonb) ever since. So, they caused my distraction today :giggle

5. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

I sat down to scrap and the pain got the better of me so I ended up watching stupid TV on my tablet and trying to find the end of the internet. That was 7 hours ago! Needless to say, no scrapping was done! @IntenseMagic glad to help with your distraction!

keepscrappin and IntenseMagic like this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

OH my gosh! I swear that anytime I sit on the computer to try to scrap, it's nothing but distractions! I have to clean out my email and that in itself brings distractions. I find things i have to do, so I can delete an email. Then I have to check into the forums and there are always so many fun threads I get sucked into and then I hit the shop for fun new products and then downloading and then unzipping and then... it's usually bedtime. :giggle

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I haven't accomplished anything today. Hard to concentrate when you are in mourning. Found out about 10 last night that my cousin's 39 year old son was found deceased yesterday morning. She is the sister I never had and I love him like he is my son. I finally got to talk to her this afternoon but everything is up in the air about arrangements since there is an autopsy being done today.

She also lives 3 hours away so it isn't like I can just pop over to her house. Thankfully her daughter and other son and husband are there. There is also the Dh's family in the area and she was a former teacher/administrator in the schools and is well loved in the small community that she moved to when she married her DH 46 years ago.

I did take Peyton for a walk and stopped to see a cousin that lives in my neighborhood. We chatted for almost 2 hours about this and caught up on other things in our lives. I did go through all my photos and found 24 decent photos of him over the years and have them placed for a double page layout. Now I need to find a kit to use that celebrates the awesome young man he was.

So my heart is very heavy today.

8. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Today my distraction is my health. :(

most days though it is my kids.. *L*

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

My phone would be culprit number one but today I was good and didn’t check anything except one email account til after 3pm when my job interview was finished.

10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

They're THE best jeans, Jan!!

keepscrappin and IntenseMagic like this.
  11. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

12. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Distractions are a big part of my work day... actually any day, lol! And the internet in general. I don't know how I actually end up where I do when I'm on the internet. Curiosity is a funny thing like that.

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Love them! lol! I even got lost there looking yesterday for a bit... and I don't need jeans at the moment. Maybe shorts?! lol!

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

My phone, definitely.
    The number of times I pick it up to send a message. and then I see the messages that have landed since I last looked and I get sucked in.

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

16. keepscrappin

oh yes! I'm always getting distracted by family. DD#1 and one of my sisters are usually the culprits! :giggle

17. keepscrappin

I think I've got a little adult ADHD going on here too! :giggle

[​IMG]

tanteva likes this.
  18. keepscrappin

[​IMG]

I really need some new jeans but I hate shopping for them because they never fit right. Maybe I'll have to try these too.

19. keepscrappin

oh no! I hope you can get feeling better soon! I hate when pain interferes with my scrappin.

20. keepscrappin

[​IMG]

the computer/internet rabbit hole gets me everytime!

Karen likes this.