Week 2 - Inspiration

Discussion in 'Summer School 2022' started by norton94, Jul 11, 2022.

1. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Here is this week's inspiration thread to share anything you'd like to on the topic of Art, from tips or tricks to eye candy, or anything related to using this week's sale products (Art Journaling + Mixed Media, Ephemera, and Stamps).

There are amazing artsy scrap artists here at The Lilypad, both on the team and in the gallery, so I'm frequently in awe of this style, but often intimidated of the freedom of these pages that falls outside my comfort zone. If you are like me, or maybe newer to art journaling, I want to share this older but fantastic blog post by Crystal @crystalbella77 that answers so many questions and dispels the myths of art journaling. Spoiler: They can be joyful and happy pages too!

[​IMG]

G.J. and umyesh like this.
  2. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

This was a fun blast from the past! Art Journal Caravan, Teesha Moore (the godess of art journaling) those were good days and it's still such a fun art form! Thanks for sharing!

norton94 likes this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thanks for the link! I don’t think I’d read that one before.

norton94 likes this.
  4. norton94

My tip for today is about preserving your own ephemera to make your pages extra special and personalized. Check out this post by Judie @HeyJude about travel ephemera and how to extract your special bits.

[​IMG]

NBK-Design and tanteva like this.
  5. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

That's such a brilliant idea. I have so much ephemera from trips, I really should scan some and use!

norton94 likes this.
  6. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Art Journaling and AJ techniques have been my passion for a long, long time. There is an Art Journal style, yes. But there is also an Art Journal way of thinking and approach to art. Many, many great artist (like Leonard da Vinci) kept art journals...sometimes called sketch pads. These were places for artists to learn and explore. No other purpose. Learn. Explore. This concept has helped me so many times create original layouts, that are not art journal style. This is an example:

[​IMG]

I wanted to make my own envelopes. And I did. I explored making my own envelope template. Then used that template nine times in a layout. Learn. Explore. So much of "art" is simply that.

But for the record, I love art journal style too!!!!!!! A rather recent thing for me to do is make junk journals, digital style:

[​IMG]

7. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Thank you so much for sharing this dear @norton94 , hope you are having a very beautiful Summer :bk

norton94 likes this.
  8. norton94

You too!!

9. norton94

Great pages and spin on Art Journal!!

10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I love Art Journal style, too! When I was looking at some of the designers in the first week's inspiration, I fell in love with Paula's fabric textures paper, the photo frames and her new style, Fabric Textures. I used the style on the frames and then used some of her "girls".

[​IMG]

norton94 likes this.