My news to share

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by A-M, May 16, 2022.

1. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

After staying with friends for three months we are now settling into our new little home.
    Our flooded house sold and settlement was 20th of this month so the next day we paid for this our new home - a one bedroom unit in a retirement village. Everything is brand new in the unit as when someone moves out who have been here for some years they remove everything from inside and make it all new - new air conditioning, fans, floor coverings, wall oven, 4 burner stove top, little dishwasher, shower & toilet.... it is like walking into a brand new unit.
    It is taking some time to settle in as I became very sick on the weekend and am now just starting to feel a little better. Yesterday I felt well enough to set up my laptop and am thankful my internet via my smart phone is working well and is faster than I expected it to be.

Once we have everything set up I will take some photos to share on a layout or two. Where we are is so peaceful. It is not a big complex - 8 x one bedroom units and 12 x two bedroom. The residents get together in a community room twice a week for morning tea. One afternoon if you wish there is bowls to play and another afternoon is darts. The town has a population of just over 2,000 but there is just about everything we need here - all in walking distance from our unit - bakery, bank, hardware store, 2 hairdressers, dentist, two second hand shops, one HUGE second hand book store, a few cafes, shoe shop ( sadly it is closing in September but then I think Ken is glad about that as I do like to buy shoes :giggle), large supermarket, newsagent with Post Office, etc. Right next door is an Aged Care facility which if the time came for one of us to go there, we would get preferential treatment to move into there.

Karen, JenEm, gonewiththewind and 9 others like this.
  2. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Sounds wonderful Anne-Marie, where is the unit? Still around Coraki? So happy you were able to sell your other place and find this lovely new unit, looking forward to seeing your photos! :)

A-M likes this.
  3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Sounds like the perfect fit for you and Ken @A-M !! So glad you are now feeling better and settling in!! Thank you for the update my dear and glad you are now feeling better!

A-M likes this.
  4. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Wonderful update @A-M I hope you will continue to be very happy in your new home and glad to hear you are feeling better

A-M likes this.
  5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNE-MARIE!!! May today be extra special for you!!!

:stash:heartslub:dancebun:ballonhang
    [​IMG]

A-M likes this.
  6. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Happy Birthday Anne-Marie!! Thanks for the update, sounds like a lovely place that you found and with everything so close by, how wonderful!

A-M likes this.
  7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Happy birthday and your new home sounds perfect for you two.

A-M likes this.
  8. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Happy birthday and be very happy in your new home!

A-M likes this.
  9. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Happy birthday @A-M and your new home sounds amazing!!!! I'm so happy for you and your happy ending. You so deserve it! I sure hope we'll be able to see you around here more as your situation settles. xo

A-M likes this.
  10. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I’m very happy you are settling in to your new home Anne-Marie. Have a wonderful birthday!

A-M likes this.
  11. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Happy birthday Anne-Marie. So glad to hear all the good news and that you are feeling better and getting settled in your new home. What fun to have everything new again. I know you will be blessed and be a blessing in your new community and walkability to so many things is definitely a blessing with the price of gasoline these days.

A-M likes this.
  12. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Wonderful to be settling in. It sounds perfect!

A-M likes this.
  13. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Wonderful news!! Sounds great!

A-M likes this.
  14. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Happy Birthday and so happy to hear about your new home!

A-M likes this.
  15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Happy Birthday @A-M !

I was so delighted to come to the forum this afternoon and see your update. What a wonderful place to begin to make into your home. Remember that I'll reissue your coupon from winning my website challenge ~ just let me know when you're ready! You can send a message or tag me in the forum.

A-M likes this.
  16. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Happy Birthday Anne-Marie! So happy to hear your update. How wonderful that you are settling into your new home. Much love to you! :beat

A-M likes this.
  17. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

What an ordeal you've been through! Your new place sounds wonderful.

A-M likes this.
  18. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

No longer in New South Wales. We moved back to Queensland and living in Crows Nest which is 40 minutes drive from Toowoomba where I grew up and we still have a lot of friends and my last surviving Aunt who is thrilled we are back close as she is starting to fail a little at 83 years of age.

wombat146 likes this.
  19. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Oh that's a lovely area up there, have been to Toowoomba quite a few times when we lived up in Grafton. How wonderful to be near your Aunt and all of your friends again Anne-Marie, such a fabulous birthday present for you! Hope you had a great day! xx

A-M likes this.
  20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Happy belated birthday Anne-Marie and I'm so happy to hear that you've found a place and are moved in now. It sounds perfect for you guys!

A-M likes this.