March 2022 Book Club - We Begin at the End

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yippee! We have another round of voting completed and we have another batch of great books to read together. After some ties between books, we were able to narrow the list down to four top books from the voting round. I moved the newest two books to the last two months, so it'll give us all a little more time to get them from our libraries hopefully. I'm really excited about all of these choices!
    :circles:byay

The book for March is We Begin at the End by Chris Whitaker. Feel free to read our book club books in any order that you choose and when you've finished reading, come back here and tell us what you think. Please label spoilers. We have a new trick for hiding spoilers. Type whatever you want and then highlight the spoiler portion and click the + button above and select Spoiler. If that doesn't work (seems to be funky on Macs) just highlight your text and change the color to white >>>This is a super secret spoiler alert!<<< like I did right there.

I wish reading counted as sleeping

[​IMG]

Just a note, anyone is welcome to join in with our book club reading at any time and join in the discussion! The more the merrier! :agree Happy reading!

2. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

I enjoyed this one. It's a rich story with very flawed and difficult characters, and I couldn't help rooting for them. There are beautiful glimmers of love and hope tucked in the otherwise difficult subject matter. Duchess is the best outlaw.

mrs2a50 and Karen like this.
  3. Karen

I am way behind on getting to this one, but I LOVED it! This is my favorite book of the year so far. I need to go back and see who recommended it and give them kuddos! Here's what I wrote on Goodreads:

This book was so good. I haven't had a book that I could not put down like this is a really long time. The story is heart wrenching, but it is so beautifully written. Not one word was wasted. There were so many times that I stopped and reread a sentence because it was just that well written. I highly recommend this one!

4. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

So glad to see this! I got a digital copy from my library, but needed to finish another book first.. I should do that tonight, then I have 6 days to read this one before it bumps to the next person in line..

Karen likes this.
  5. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

It was me and Rae :) I'll take your kudos, because I absolutely loved it too!! :

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    Karen likes this.
  6. Karen

Well, total kudos to you both. It was such a good book! :D

7. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

I'm about 70% finished, and am having a hard time.. Maybe it's because I only have time to read before bed these days, but I feel like a lot of inferred details are lost on me, or maybe I glossed over them in my sleepy state.. Like, I'm not sure where they even are, geographically. In my brain it's somewhere in the southwest, or even CO maybe, but then they go visit a bay on the coast?? And Montana is a long (short?) drive away. :helpy I do love the characters, though, and am really invested in finding out what happens.. I just need to read during daylight hours, lol!

8. Karen

I completely agree with your assessment of the confusing geography! I had the same problem with this to the point that I looked up the areas on the map and thought... they aren't very close together!