Weird Flavors | Pad Patter 5.11

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, May 11, 2022.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

So, all the rage lately is new, sometimes odd, flavors in food and drink. Like Mountain Dew having their hot flavor, their purple thunder, etc. And cheetos doing jalapeno flavored. Or even the churro cinnamon toast crunch! Or, Coke's new Space flavor.

Do you like to try new flavors? Or do you like to stick to the tried and true that you love? Is there a new flavor you've loved? Or one you absolutely hated?

Spill the tea!

2. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I stick to tried and true. None of the new soda flavors appeal to me. Now I do like Cheez-Its extra toasty option. I think that was suppose to be a short-term offering, but it must have been popular b/c it's been around since pre-2020.

bestcee and HavaDrPepper like this.
  3. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Nope, nope, nope.

I'm a super-taster (and so is my son) + I'm an emotional eater so I "need" some things to taste the same. My boyfriend, who is a former chef, is an absolute angel who takes all my weird eating-related quirks into consideration when he cooks for us but before we met, I had to be the primary cook to make sure I saw how the food was made/what was put in it and to make sure it was a flavor profile I could eat.

bestcee likes this.
  4. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I'm not big on new flavors but I did try a rose flavored latte today -- interesting, subtle floral taste with rose petals on top. I actually quite enjoyed it.

bestcee likes this.
  5. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

As long as it's not spicy, I'm down to try something new. We have a local ice cream shop, who makes national news for his weird ice cream flavors . . . scrapple, sauerkraut, and odd additions like that. They are all surprisingly good though!

bestcee likes this.
  6. bestcee

Our local shop has a rose flavored latte. It's my mother in laws favorite!

7. bestcee

That's cool! And you are brave for trying them.

8. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I'm not picky. I'll try new things, but when it comes to my "normal" things like coffee or ice cream...I know what I like, and don't typically want to try anything weird when it comes to that.

9. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

My fiancee has an engery drink problem...so we try every new flavor. I also like Odd candies... or ice cream..

We also try a lot of new fruits...anytime we see something odd or different

10. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I will try everything! I don’t care if it’s not too weird. I will always try the new lay’s chips when they come out. In fact I had these Cheeto type snacks in Mexico yard ago that were spicy and I am super sad that I don’t remember exactly what they were called because they were the best. They were paquitos or something like that. Anyway I’m down for trying new flavors

11. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I like new flavors/flavor mixes- but I'm not a soda person at all- so I could care less about that! I am a big sweet/salty person so I love those mixes! We just tried the blueberry muffin flavored kit kat & I have to say it was pretty good!
    [​IMG]