What’s happening ?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bjc, Mar 4, 2022.

1. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Thanks for the confirmations from the designers who posted in this thread, and I'm glad to hear of upcoming joys being planned. I am committed to only TLP -- I only have time for one forum -- and was quite miffed by the departure of two favorite designers. Silver lining: I'm finding in other designers' products here some artsy painty splashy stuff I love so much.

2. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Do not fear. We are here to stay. ❤️

bonnenuit, jenevang, Ferdy and 23 others like this.
  3. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

hugs

bellbird and norton94 like this.
  4. Lynne-Marie

Lynne-Marie there is beauty in everything

Designers tend to move around now and then, though the Lilypad has been quite stable for years. Maybe that’s why it feels so weird to see a designer leave. I for one am thankful that my store kept running while I was on hiatus. I am easing back into designing now. I look forward to a creative new year!

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I am so glad that you are finding products that you love from other designers here. We really have a wide range of design styles.

6. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Lots of wonderful, creative, and unique designers are still here! And they are really doing a lot behind the scenes. No fear!

7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

It happens, sometimes designers go and sometimes new designers come. I have faith in TLP to remain at the same level of excellence as always. Rachel and Lynn branching out to another store doesn't take away from their TLP store, it just broadens their customer base elsewhere.

No need to worry.

8. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

TLP Is my home. I got too comfortable in a few designers I loved, so this is making me try new things. I never even glanced at Micheline Lincoln or Li Li Wee, and Lynn-Marie is back. I really like them!!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Just like seasons, change does tend to happen but I hope seeing so many designers and Laura pop in here is reassuring you all. If this BYOC is any indication, I'm sure looking forward to all the good things to come!

10. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Absolutely! I loved seeing this month's BYOC full of beautiful stuff including from designers who are getting back into creating. As for me, spreading my wings a little will allow me to keep doing what I am doing :yup. Hopefully it'll make dedicating most of my time to designing more sustainable. For all of us, it's a labour of love as well as what puts food on the table so anything that allows us to keep doing it is a good thing :agree

11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

completely understand that (i know everyone's process is different but i imagine the amount of time it takes to create something every week or two like some designers is a crazy level of time commitment for basically little return -when it takes me 2-ish hours to scrap a page normally and i see designers both designing and scrapping i wonder how they get normal routine and life stuff done and still have time left over! And designers that create real life stuff like Rachel's mixed media to then digitize it on top of that, well that is just mind boggling to me... so i can understand the instant reaction of 'what's happening' but also thinking about it, it's completely understandable the need to maximise your reach and customer base & i hope this benefits you guys and your families!)

cfile, gonewiththewind, Karen and 7 others like this.
  12. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

:beat my house is a mess :beat that is all :heartlub :faint2 :hehe

13. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

OK, first of all, I'm arriving here relatively late, because I am sure you know with my neurological issues getting worse in the past couple of years, I need someone to read things for me when I need to process important writing..... so in between some Pollys and Sarita in the past couple of days, we just read it all.

I can't say it better than all sisters have done (and mother Hen too!, so good to see you here Momma Laura!!!! @lmccandless

We are HERE.
    So, even though I can't say it better, I have to say more....

Something that was said here already : ALWAYS, since digital scrapbooking started, designers move around A LOT.
    There have always been designers selling in more than one store.
    What is happening is nothing new.....
    I think it is understandable also that with a world wide pandemic,. a looming war and the general state of the weather all over (my God Mother lost her house in the Petropolis (State of Rio de Janeiro) flood, I know Krista @norton94 is almost in the past of a tornado, we are freezing here in England in a way that I haven't seen in 30 years here) to name just a few of the pickles the human race is on, some designers moving around is MORE THAN understandable.

You know that you can count on us all, we are here, I know my health took me away last year a LOT, and I am slower than I was, but this family is TOGETHER .... we are here.
    Some of you already talk to me in WhatsApp or iMessage if you need kit recommendations or are looking for something or have a question if I am not online, you know I am reachable.
    If you don't know me but find your self with a doubt or needing any kind of help for challenges, store, whatever.... drop me a line, a pm and I will give you my number.

We ARE HERE.
    I can echo :

Most definitely!!!!!
    @gonewiththewind I would put my life in your hands!!!!!!

My heart is so full with @Lynne-Marie back!!!!!! and I'm sure you have seen both Rachel and Lynn's BYOC that ROCKS!!!!

You are a sister, part of the family and you know I love you and how grateful I am for your positivity!!!!

I think not only The Pad was stable for many years, but also The Pad was, and still is, A UNIQUE community.
    You can go shop anywhere, but you will have NOWHERE a community like The Pad. Even with the problems we had , we are still going strong.
    [​IMG]

YES!!!!!! and we have diversity in styles and also we have activities you wont find elsewhere!!!! as above: The community here is UNIQUE
    [​IMG]

You are a homey, a family member without a doubt!!!! I'm sure you will discover more and more!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't have said it better!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

We are here :)
    [​IMG]

amandac, ForeverJoy, Sara and 11 others like this.
  14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Ditto! Love everything you said about our family here at TLP!

Cath_, bellbird, cfile and 1 other person like this.
  15. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

All joking aside, it's true though, it took me at least three hours to make a pack today of five collaged papers from start to finish - actually making the collages in my sketchbook/creative journal, scanning them, adjusting colours, manipulating them or adding to them.

I haven't even packaged them up yet, sorted the zip files, uploaded the zips, written a product description, added them to the shop, adjusted my shop again once I have CT layouts and so on and so on and that's just for pack one of a collection that will probably include at least for our five packs. The papers is probably the fastest thing for me to make. And then to make adverts, marketing the product . . .

I think that product moves so fast in our industry and maybe active designers make it look 'easy' and 'fast' whereas actually it's very hard work but we love it so so much and we love it here :beat:heartlub:beat

ashleywb, Sara, Lynne-Marie and 13 others like this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Thanks for a glimpse in to your reality. All that marketing & packaging & store stuff, especially with Love Our Designers at the moment, I think we forget about how much is involved & it helps us non-designers understand and appreciate you guys all the more!

17. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Yes, Rachel. I remember when I was designing, I made a list of tasks from start to finish of a new product so my kids could understand that it was "real" work. There were 27 steps!!!!!! And that was if it loaded without any glitches and the newsletters went out well, and social media posts went up in time... You get the picture! Everybody would do well to know this. :) Though the product is "virtual" the work is REAL. *fun, but real! @Rachel Jefferies

18. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

why things ned to change. prices go up. I spend money on so little elements and papers, and then when i really want something, like flower joys big kits, i need to learn to buy for interest and volume in kit

i want 29 dollars of things, i wait till i get up ... i need go to spending rehab...

i am so stupid these past couple months... i just needed to vent

ignore this, just having one of them pity parties

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  19. ForeverJoy

ForeverJoy Swimming in the big tank

You are a forever ray of sunshine and positivity! :luya

First- do not be hard on yourself. :beat I think we are all doing the very best we can- (storytellers, designers, admins, pollys) and I think being creative and making time to document our stories in the times we have been through is absolutely the mark of strength! We are craft warriors! :beat and is isn't it awesome to have a community where you know it's safe and welcome to ask questions- and know there are real life people who are concerned enough about you to listen and understand?

I absolutely agree with @Rachel Jefferies - no matter how hard I try and streamline, organize and block my time- it takes a crazy amount of time to pull together a meaningful design. And then- you need to switch hats and do the behind the scenes uploading, packaging and marketing- sometimes the seasons pass faster than my mojo can go! :giggle But I also know that each of us designers are absolutely committed to creating unique quality designs that will add to the magic you craft.

Telling your stories is important and they deserve designs that are as thoughtful as you are :beat

We are all here :grouphug - maybe marching to different tempos because of the beat life is playing in each of our lives- but that's what makes this little corner of the crazy world sing so sweetly! :beat

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    MrsPeel, jenevang, Sara and 8 others like this.
  20. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Thank you for giving us a peek into all that you have to do to get just ONE pack out to us. Is it possible for an assistant type of person to do those things for you? I will never be impatient for a kit again. I'm in awe of you ladies!