Wordle | Pad Patter Feb 2

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Feb 2, 2022.

1. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

We just started doing this together at work every morning . . . literally two days ago. There are four of us in the office. So far, we've won in the same order. But for some reason my end board looks very different than everyone else's? They seem to think the same? And I'm more random. But it's such a fun, quick game to share together.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  2. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I am a huge Wordle fan. Simple and yet so fun. Despite having a subscription to the NYT, I have to admit that I am more than a little sad they bought. I hope they don't ruin it!

Do you play Wordle? YES
    Do you play in easy or hard mode? hard
    Do you always use the same first word or is it random? I normally use RAISE as my first word.
    Do you have a strategy? Go for the most common words first as my guesses.
    Do you enjoy playing? LOVE it.

gonewiththewind and weaselwatchr like this.
  3. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Do you play Wordle? Yes, I do daily.
    Do you play in easy or hard mode? I didn't know there were different modes.
    Do you always use the same first word or is it random? I use various words using subsets of RSTLN along with 2 vowels.
    Do you have a strategy? I look for word patterns - what letters combine with other letters especially consonant combos. And don't forget that Y can be a vowel.
    Do you enjoy playing? Absolutely!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I don't play. I've seen friends posting their Wordle images on Facebook. It doesn't bother me at all. I just keep on scrolling. LOL

I'm going to stick with my coloring app for right now.

[​IMG]

weaselwatchr likes this.
  5. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Not the official one no but I have downloaded a very similar game on my iphone from the app store as hubby was getting all competitive with me! Although every time I try and play my little people distract me and I lose my train of thought far too fast for it to be enjoyable!!!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  6. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

Do you play Wordle? YES
    Do you play in easy or hard mode? I'm not sure what mode mine is in, lol
    Do you always use the same first word or is it random? Thorn, stamp, patch
    Do you have a strategy? Nope, like everything, I wing it
    Do you enjoy playing? Oh yes!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  7. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Do you play Wordle?
    My sister introduced me to Nerdle and Wordle today so yes I’ve played my first day now.

Do you play in easy or hard mode?
    I didn’t know there was a choice so I played the default which I’m guessing is easy.

Do you always use the same first word or is it random?
    I used weird today.

Do you have a strategy?
    My sister mentioned using two vowels to start so that’s why I chose weird. I also try to start with RSTLNE (thank you Wheel of Fortune).

Do you enjoy playing?
    Yes.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  8. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Do you play Wordle? Yes. It's one of a handful of games I play daily. I usually start with those in the NYT.
    Do you play in easy or hard mode? I actually didn't realize there were different modes, so I guess I'm playing easy ;)
    Do you always use the same first word or is it random? I have a few words I start with, all with commonly used letters.
    Do you have a strategy? Yes
    Do you enjoy playing? Yes

weaselwatchr likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Do you play Wordle? Yep, sure do!

Do you play in easy or hard mode? Easy mostly

Do you always use the same first word or is it random? It's random, but I try to include as many vowels and combinations of RSTNL as I can

Do you have a strategy? Not really

Do you enjoy playing? Yes! I like that I can only play once a day so it's not something that I get sucked in to or hours.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  10. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Coloring is good!!!

11. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Does anyone remember the game show Lingo? Original wordle!

bestcee, jk703 and weaselwatchr like this.
  12. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Do you play Wordle? Yes. I only discovered the game a few weeks ago (always late to the party!...), and I am now thoroughly hooked!

Do you play in easy or hard mode? Well, I've been playing in easy mode (because I didn't even know there was a hard mode!), but I now want to try the hard mode...

Do you always use the same first word or is it random? I don't always use the same first word, but neither is my first choice completely random: I have a go-to list of 6 first words, which involves either knocking out the vowels, or else going for the most common combinations of consonants and vowels.

Do you have a strategy? Yes.

Do you enjoy playing? Yes! It's become a part of my morning routine: make the coffee; feed the dog; do the wordle.

I actually did a page about my newfound obsession with Wordle:

[​IMG]

weaselwatchr and Memaw2Wm like this.
  13. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Do you play Wordle? Nope
    Do you play in easy or hard mode?
    Do you always use the same first word or is it random?
    Do you have a strategy?
    Do you enjoy playing?

I saw my daughter was playing it though and new what it was because of social media.
    I dare not get hooked on to something else - she got me started on Township 5 years ago and I am still playing.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  14. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

Do you play Wordle? Yes
    Do you play in easy or hard mode? Easy. I didn't even know there was a hard mode until just now but I'm sticking with easy. lol
    Do you always use the same first word or is it random? Random.
    Do you have a strategy? I follow the same strategy others have mentioned by choosing words with 3 consonants and 2 vowels to start.
    Do you enjoy playing? Yes.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  15. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I play - and I love word games! I have a few words that I start with... but they do change over time. I enjoy it, and had to find an app that mimicked the game, but I could play over and over, lol!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  16. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I've had a quick play but to be honest I'm pretty useless at it

weaselwatchr likes this.
  17. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

My mind goes blank, so I use https://word.tips/ You still have to hunt and think, but it helps. :)

weaselwatchr likes this.
  18. mom_of_3

mom_of_3 New Member

Do you play Wordle? Yes!
    Do you play in easy or hard mode? Easy
    Do you always use the same first word or is it random? I rotate between HOTEL, GRAND, and FORCE
    Do you have a strategy? I will sometimes use a 2nd completely different word after the first to collect more data on 10 different letters rather than trying to make words right away with the yellow / greens of the first hit (unless I'm really REALLY close)
    Do you enjoy playing? Yes! But I don't go posting my scores on social media :giggle

weaselwatchr likes this.
  19. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

Do you play Wordle? I have a Facebook friend who posts her results from Wordle and Nerdle every day. She tried Quordle and didn't care for it. I don't care for Wordle or Nerdle, but I lover Quordle and play it every day that I remember.

Do you play in easy or hard mode? Whatever the default mode is. I didn't know it was adjustable.

Do you always use the same first word or is it random? Random.

Do you have a strategy? I just try to use as many letters as I can, which is probably why Quordle works better for me than Wordle. LOL

Do you enjoy playing? I still play it right after I finish the Quordle board, so I must enjoy it, but I only get the correct word about half the time and sometimes I just throw out words to get it to the end, to see what the word actually is. (And those times they are words I know, but would not have considered trying, so I am glad that I gave up early. But it takes some of the fun out when I'm just making up words to see get to the solution.)

weaselwatchr likes this.
  20. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I love Wordle, and I'm totally hooked on Quordle! But I don't post to FB :)

bestcee likes this.