Wordle | Pad Patter Feb 2

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Feb 2, 2022.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

If you are on social media, you may have seen friends posting graphics of stacked different colored squares and stats. This is a daily Wordle score. I started playing it a few weeks ago and it's kind of fun. Basically you try to guess a random five letter word in six tries. If you get a correct letter it is colored either tan or green. Tan if that letter appears in a different place in the word, or green if you actually have its placement correct. I think it's kind of fun and makes you think. Everyone gets the same word and there is a new word every twenty four hours. If you have never heard of it, you can check it out here.

I play in hard mode and I just pick the first word that pops into my head. I like playing and it's nice that you have one game every twenty four hours so you don't waste time playing it.

Do you play Wordle?
    Do you play in easy or hard mode?
    Do you always use the same first word or is it random?
    Do you have a strategy?
    Do you enjoy playing?

michelepixels and Ferdy like this.
  2. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I play in hard mode and start with a different word each day. I keep thinking maybe I should be more strategic about it but that really isn’t my style. :giggle

weaselwatchr and bestcee like this.
  3. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

I have never played it but now I'm going to be HOOKED!!! I just played my first one ever and got the word in 3 tries! So fun!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I play, but I didn't realize you could change easy/hard! I have a handful of words I use to start with - usually with two vowels and three common consonants. The other day my first guess was the word and I felt pretty cool :cloud9
    I love that there's only one word a day - I would totally get sucked in otherwise.

weaselwatchr and meganmecrazy like this.
  5. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

weaselwatchr, meganmecrazy and Ferdy like this.
  6. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I play Wordle too! I need to change the easy mode, I play to practice my English...
    I found another one : hello wordl

I play other 3 in Portuguese and 1 in Italian...wait, do you think that I am addicted?? LOL

norton94, weaselwatchr and bestcee like this.
  7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Do you play Wordle? I was excited about it when I first heard about it a few weeks ago. I LOVE word games. And I played Mastermind with my sister a lot when we were kids, so I was familiar with the green square, yellow square idea. I haven't managed to play daily though.

Do you play in easy or hard mode? I should try hard mode. Easy is rather easy for me.

Do you always use the same first word or is it random? I use different words, but choose words with the most common letters. My husband has 3 starter words he uses.

Do you have a strategy? Only if having a strong ability to think of words is a strategy.

Do you enjoy playing? Absolutely. This is a perfect game for me. I probably would play it every day if I had more time to myself. But I've been spending a lot of my free time engaging here at TLP in the last month :D and I have other word games I have been loving for years. My favorite is Word Wow Around The World.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Nope, don't play.

I don't care if anyone else plays but I don't need to know about it by them spamming my FB feed with their results.

In all reality, I'm just not fond of word games.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've seen the little images all over Facebook and kind of knew the gist of what the game was about. I haven't played yet just out of stubbornness not to follow the crowd. :rofl I know I'd probably love it because I love word game. Ha ha!

weaselwatchr, AJK and Ferdy like this.
  10. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I started playing a couple of weeks ago. I play on my desktop, so I don't get the colored grid result that everyone shares. I do enjoy it, as I like mastermind type games. I didn't know about the hard mode, but I've always played that way anyway. :) I start with a random word. My most common game takes 4 guesses. I've gotten it in 2 guesses twice. So far, I've been able to solve it every time. :)

weaselwatchr likes this.
  11. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

This is Harry Potter all over again for me so nope, I'm not playing and won't be. :)

weaselwatchr likes this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I've been hearing about this but have never played it. I was addicted to Candy Crush for a long time, though.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm probably lucky that I didn't know it was super popular when I found it. Because I'm totally like you!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  14. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Do you play Wordle? Yes
    Do you play in easy or hard mode? Easy for now...will have to try hard mode sometime
    Do you always use the same first word or is it random? whatever first comes to mind
    Do you have a strategy? I try to use a word with a few vowels
    Do you enjoy playing? yes...my boss and I now try to beat each other

weaselwatchr likes this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Do you play Wordle? Yep, I do! I got my husband on it too.
    Do you play in easy or hard mode? I play in easy mode, but try to do hard on my own. There are some days when I need to be able to use a word that I know isn't the answer because my vocabulary isn't working.
    Do you always use the same first word or is it random? Random. Depends on my mood.
    Do you have a strategy? Nope!
    Do you enjoy playing? Yep! I also play an app called Puzzle Page that has more logical type puzzles and word searches and such. I've played a lot of different word games over the years, and this one is my most recent.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  16. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

norton94 and weaselwatchr like this.
  17. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Do you play Wordle? Yes, but not necessarily every day
    Do you play in easy or hard mode? Regular mode, it's not easy to me, lol!!!
    Do you always use the same first word or is it random? I use either TEARS, PAINT, RAISE to start.
    Do you have a strategy? Not beyond using a starter word.
    Do you enjoy playing? Yes, but I cheat and use a word finder to help find words b/c my brain goes blank

weaselwatchr likes this.
  18. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I missed it by one letter today.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  19. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Do you play Wordle? No.
    Do you play in easy or hard mode? N/A...
    Not a fan of online games of any sort. Face to face games, yes! I am not a diehard FB user, so I haven't been seeing this stuff. Don't think I will play as I have a lot of other things going on that need attention. Bet my daughter plays it though; she is a linguist!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  20. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Never played or heard of Wordle.
    I do enjoy word games as I play them in the car when we travel but not on my phone... in puzzle books.

weaselwatchr likes this.