February Inspiration Challenge

Discussion in 'February 2022 Challenges' started by weaselwatchr, Jan 29, 2022.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Wow! It's February!!! I can't believe MOC 10 is over! It was so much fun and the challenges were great, don't you agree?

Back during my early days at the Lilypad, @AnneofAlamo hosted an MOC challenge where you drew inspiration from a book cover. It was one of my favorite challenges because it combined two of my favorite things, books and design.

For the February 2022 inspiration challenge, I would like for you to draw inspiration from a book cover. I have also pinned quite a few book covers that I liked for one reason or the other to this Pinterest board. This is just a very small sampling of the endless inspiration available. Feel free to use one of my pinned covers as your inspiration or you may use one you find on your own. Other places to find book covers include searches on Amazon or even your own personal library.

You will need to post a picture of the book cover that inspired your layout, as well as what inspired you about it along with your layout

I chose this cover for my layout. Oddly enough it was one of the first images that came up when I searched book covers. It immediately reminded me of my tuxedo cat Sherlock, and it’s bold typography reminded me of his personality.

620d80ccb3f070a98a275117defc8f30.jpg

Here is my layout. I used several things from Just Jaimee and an awesome white cardstock from Gina Miller.

[​IMG]

Now it's your turn. Find a book cover that inspires you and scrap away. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Please remember the monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the December Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Teeks, Vrielinkie, Ferdy and 3 others like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

my inspiration:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    weaselwatchr likes this.
  3. Lmaggs

Lmaggs Active Member

my spot

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

I adore this! I'm in!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Colorful-Illustration-Young-Adult-Book-Cover.jpg Found mine already!

Cherylndesigns and weaselwatchr like this.
  6. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I'd had a browse of your Pinterest board earlier and was drawn to quite a few. This one in particular caught my eye and I used it as inspiration for day 31 for MOC. There are lots more I love as well and this is a GREAT challenge, thank you! I'll be back later in the month with another page for this challenge.

Attached Files:

weaselwatchr likes this.
  7. weaselwatchr

There are so many great book cover designs. It was easy to get lost pinning them. I kept thinking to myself, ok im done and then I would find more! So happy you are finding inspiration!

8. weaselwatchr

9. lulyg14

lulyg14 Testosterone Overload

I will use this one since I just returned from Paris

[​IMG]

Vrielinkie, weaselwatchr and MariSt like this.
  10. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

How was being in Europe? My daughter and I are planning a trip to Italy to make up for the one we missed in 2020. She graduates from nursing school in May so maybe mid to late June. Hoping it happens! Have never been and not sure how far in advance to plan it!

11. weaselwatchr

Where in Italy are you planning on going?

zinzilah likes this.
  12. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I built my LO with the white top and stamped words, and colourful bottom part with white words (forever always) on top of the colourful mess.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  13. lulyg14

@MariSt - we found that in France they were very careful and checked our vaccine cards everywhere we went - restaurants, museums, bars etc. Other than cancelled fireworks at the Eiffel Tower everything was open! We also went to Italy in 2018 in early June - depending on where you go it can already be quite warm (like Rome). I'm sure they may have places that require reservations like Museums so I would check on that. I would assume that the beach towns will be super crowded on weekends with locals & tourists - so plan accordingly. We loved Italy so much - you will have a fantastic. Message me if you have any more questions! Never too early to start planning...

MariSt likes this.
  14. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

was going to ask the same thing, if North, pop into Switzerland (Lugano) for a cup of coffee and a tour of the town with me.

MariSt likes this.
  15. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

Our original itinerary in May 20 20 included Venice, and then Rome, then Sorrento for I think four nights. Now I’m considering extending it a few days and including a few days in Greece

weaselwatchr and lulyg14 like this.
  16. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

That would be so cool! Venice was as far north as we were planning. So many places to see!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  17. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

Yes by this time last time I planned it we had our flights and hotels but I’m not sure if it’s too early to go through that process again if we are going in June or not. How far in advance did you plan? And yes I would love to message you

weaselwatchr likes this.
  18. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

This is one of my favorite challenges! I had a lot of fun pinning new book covers to my Pinterest :). Thanks for the great challenge!

[​IMG]

Inspired by:
    [​IMG]

19. Smileark

Smileark Well-Known Member

My headache is keeping me from thinking straight but obviously not enough from keeping me from getting on the computer. I can't think of how I'm suppose to link the book cover. I know there is a way to easily insert a picture but I'm drawing a blank. Help, please?

weaselwatchr likes this.
  20. lulyg14

@MariSt I definitely don't think its too early to start planning! Feel free to message and we can connect!

MariSt likes this.