Fig Newtons | Pad Patter 1.16

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I too used to have them all the time but as s general rule I don’t buy packaged cookies when we are empty nesters now.

Wondering if there will be a spike in the purchase of fig newton after this thread :giggle

2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I love fresh Fig Newtons.

3. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

The Vermont Country Store sells the UK version. https://www.vermontcountrystore.com/garibaldi-currant-biscuits-set-of-6/product/H5049

I agree though, I wish Sunshine would bring them back. Oh look, I forgot about the Sunshine Toy Cookies. And Mom always bought Sunshine Hydrox cookies instead of Oreos

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

@Memaw2Wm You be showing your age again... but then so am I. I remember those toy cookies. LOL

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

6. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Yep ... my age often shows, lol!!!

We ate the Barnum's Animal Crackers in the box too, but I had totally forgotten about those toy cookies.

7. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Same here. Up until a few years ago (2?) I hadn't had any for a long time. Aldi had them so we picked them up. Have them now every once in awhile. Wonder when they first came out- had to be before the 60'S??

8. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

We used to eat lots of Strawberry Newtons back in the day but I haven't had them in years. I didn't realize they still made them, actually. Maybe I will pick some up this weekend.

9. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I liked the strawberry ones. Do they even have them anymore? It’s not like I loved that flavor either so I never bought them anymore or looked for them. So I guess it’s a hard pass for me.

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Guys... this is so funny. I went to the little grocery store right by my house this morning for milk and they had strawberry fig newtons right in the checkout lane. I had to get some. :giggle

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  11. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

My grandparents always had then around while I was growing up. I enjoyed them quite a bit.. they even had other flavors sometimes like apple...
    But I've ever actually went out and bought them myself at the store...

12. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

My grandparents always had then around while I was growing up. I enjoyed them quite a bit.. they even had other flavors sometimes like apple...
    But I've ever actually went out and bought them myself at the store...