How is everyone doing with MOC?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2022' started by littlekiwi, Jan 12, 2022.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

With MOC about 1/3 over, how is everyone tracking?

2. littlekiwi

I've surprised myself to be honest. I am currently one layout (and by the time I get up in the morning it will be two) behind. I kind of have ideas for day 11 but as I look through more photos I keep changing my mind. I kind of want to use my original photo but it seems a bit broad plus I haven't found a kit that 100% works with it and the challenge in mind
    34387_458589090827_6061529_n.jpg

3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

good morning Jennifer (although I think it might be good evening for you right now). I'd doing well at the moment, but major paperwork arrived on my doorstep on Saturday and that is eating into my time considerably. As long as I ignore the housework and the children/hubby help with the food I should manage to keep MOC going.

4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

some people in the USA have written about the State they live in, or the region. So it can be broad - you don't have to stick to your village or town district. You can go wider if you want to. I used Soco's hit the road kit for my location specific items. There are loads of kits and element packs in the store on travel. I'm sure you have some of them in your stash. You can take elements from those and add to a different non-location specific kit if you like. Lynn has a down under kit, I don't recall the details right now or if it is suitable for you in NZ. I'm in the middle of getting the kids ready for school so can't check the store.

jk703 likes this.
  5. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

fear of heights comes to me, ha

Angela Toucan likes this.
  6. littlekiwi

it is evening here @Angela Toucan - somewhere around 11-13 hours time difference from you I believe. Anyway, I'm kind of in the same boat, starting to get a lot busier with job applications so time will be more limited. As long as I focus and try and get each day's challenge done the same day or maybe a day later I should be ok. In saying that, MOC has already been a big success....I've done more challenges this time around.

bestcee, jk703 and Angela Toucan like this.
  7. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I am all caught up and yet still loving it. MOC helps me cope with the heat of summer. I keep checking to see when the challenge is live so I can move my layout. I am excited at the buzz and love seeing the amazing creativity of everyone.
    I recall you saying you have a lot of Just Jaimee's Story Teller. take me away June 2020 was about reading I think, but I liked that for travel pages as well.

8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

This is a cool picture! What is it from? I'm so intrigued. I think Angela and Stefanie have perfect ideas in their posts too! If I can help, please reach out!

9. littlekiwi

@jk703, it was from a lifesize map that projected on the floor. It was at our national museum about 15 years ago. I took that photo plus a photo of the area we were visiting at the time thinking "wow thats cool, I'm sure I could use a photo of that" and here we are....

LynnG, bestcee and jk703 like this.
  10. jk703

That sounds like a cool museum! Interactive always gets me - and I learn a bit more to tell you the truth!

11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I'm not participating but still look at each day's challenges. Some have inspired me to create layouts. So far I've done 2 for the Then and Now, 1 for the 10 photos and the Year In Review. I don't always follow the directions exactly but the basic premise of the challenge is there. There is one other that I might try to do of the posted challenges. Just need to figure out how to do it in PSP.

SeattleSheri and jk703 like this.
  12. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I've been ill, so I'm about 6 days behind. I'm hoping to clear the cobwebs off my mojo and try to do two pages a day to catch up. We'll see how it goes, but this may be the first year I may not finish if I can't.

LynnG likes this.
  13. littlekiwi

Back to one to do now...tried the other one first but anything I was coming up with I didn't love so scrapped them. I at least have the photo and journaling ready for when the mojo comes around for that layout. At least I'm only one behind - I expect that won't last as I'm busy for parts of next week

14. jk703

I love that MOC is inspirational for you as you join in behind the scenes! Since I can't scrap, I've really enjoyed reading some of the journaling I've found!

15. mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle Dewey Decimal, I love you!

Yesterday I buckled down and got caught up! For some reason now that my kids are older the weekends are harder to work on and I catch up during the week. lol

QuiltyMom and Karen like this.
  16. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Yesterday was the first day I couldn't complete my layout in the morning, but I completed it in the evening. Now I'm about to make my Day 12 mixed media page, after I read in the forum a little.

Karen likes this.
  17. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I was on track and then got off track. So far, I've completed days 1-7. I'm scrapping tonight, so I hope to get caught up on those!

18. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I was a little under the weather yesterday, so I spent the day in bed but then caught up today with a couple relatively simple & clean layouts.

19. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I absolutely love MOC. It consumes me! I am up to date, although I might have to change today’s if the watercolor girl I used was a no no.

LynnG likes this.
  20. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I've had my granddaughter and granddog for the last 3 days, so I'm pretty far behind. BUT, I have a 4 day weekend coming up and we are supposed to get a snowstorm, so I am going to take full advantage of it!!

bestcee and Karen like this.