Project Pages | January 2022

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 7, 2022.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Has anyone started a new project for this year??
    I have to say that I haven't even given it a lot of thought yet. I need to do that this weekend. I have photos ready, just haven't decided on the format.

Any other albums or projects that you are working on?? It doesn't have to be PL based, we'd love to see any projects you have going!! Come share!!

2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Well you know where I am...still choosing the templates. I'm pretty sure it's going to be Scrapping with Liz - and I see it will be monthly that she releases it.

rach3975 and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I will probably do the same as last year. A monthly layout for Peyton. But not sure what templates to use. Now that she's older and doesn't change much, I don't take as many pictures. Of course, being stuck at home with very little change in our routine doesn't help.

I do still try to take at least one photo every day. But with days that are pretty much the same, I don't see a need to do weekly pages. That's why I do Peyton :)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. Pachimac

I had been doing Storytellers RTG for 2 years, but it looks like she's not doing them anymore, so I got pushed to change. Maybe that's a good thing?

5. HavaDrPepper

Way back in 2008 I did a "Week In My Life" layouts using the same template and kit every week. I started in August and kept it up until Aug of 2010. All because of a photography challenge to take at least one photo every day. I ended up quitting because of other things going on and got away from the picture a day as well. But in 2018 I decided to at least start taking 1 photo every single day. I've missed a few days here and there but for the most part I have done it. Of course, there are some days when I have something going on that has more photos and those get their own layouts. I actually started doing weekly layouts in 2018 and only did 3 months. Retired life got too busy to scrap!

Another project I have done in the past, again in 2008 was "12 on 12". A scrapping friend introduced me to it at a retreat in January (and it was already the 13th of the month) so I started in February. The point of this was to take 12 photos documenting your day on the 12th of every month. Each month ended up being a double page layout and I really enjoyed doing it. I ended up doing that until December of 2012. This might be something I'd consider doing again. I think "5 on 5" would be a good thing... that could be a 1 page layout every month. Not sure I got 5 photos on the 5th this month but if I did, I just might do this (or I could fudge and use some from the 4th or 6th this month)!

So throughout my digital scrapping years (started in 2008), I have done various projects of this type. Each are interesting in their own way. In the Week In My Life I took a photo of gas prices at least once a week since I passed a gas station on my way to work. That was very interesting to look at over the course of the project.

Now I just focus on documenting Peyton throughout her life. I wasn't able to do that with Pepper and Paige since I got both of them pre-digital cameras (so not as many photos) and I was traditional scrapping at the time. They just showed up in my other projects a lot.

Pachimac likes this.
  6. Pachimac

I've been doing a Project 52 since 2016. I said I was going to go back and do earlier years, but I've never done it yet. I was big into Dagi's Templates and Tinci Designs for the first 4 years. These past two years have been hard with Covid and so much time just staying in. I had to "fudge" things by putting memes in and old pictures like "This year on this date" kind of things!

7. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Pre-pandemic I did weekly pages, usually 1 or 2 pages but sometimes as many as 3. Beginning with 2020 I switched to doing 2-3 monthly pages and added a few news/headlines pages for each month as well. Not sure yet what I'll need for 2022, but I'm behind enough that I don't have to decide yet.

8. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

I just don't know. I was trying to form a really good habit last year and made it all the way to June, then the project tanked. At this point I'm going to have a lot of albums of our first quarter. I need to figure out a sustainable project.

9. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I'm working on various Project Life type pages during MOC as the challenges permit but they aren't really a project "for this year". I'm an empty nester for the first time this year so now that the kids are off to college and I have gotten through hosting and traveling for the holidays, I hope to get down to business working on 2005. :rollin

10. carolinadjb

carolinadjb Well-Known Member

I haven’t started my 2022 pages yet but I plan to continue the same format as previous years. I just need to finish up the book for 2021 first.

11. HavaDrPepper

I've decided on 2 monthly projects for the year.

Continuing with doing monthly pages for Peyton. Each page will have 3 or 4 photos of her taken during the month. I haven't decided if I will stick with one or two kits like I have done in the past. I'll figure that out at the end of the month.

After a previous post where I talked about a project called 12 on 12, I've decided to change it up and do a "5 on 5" for the year. 5 photos depicting my day on the 5th of each month. I have found some templates in SWL's Daily Life Templates that have 5 photo spots in varying configurations that I can utilize. Again I am not sure about using one kit or changing it up each month. In the 12 on 12 project, I changed it up every month and really did like that so that is what I'm leaning towards doing.

12. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I have many pages yet to do for my 2021 PL but I like to start 2022 & then work on last year's pages little by little.
    My intro page for 2022:

[​IMG]

13. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

Week 1
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  14. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I'm doing my normal double-page spread every week. Changing up the style a bit from last year and using my Remember Templates.

And I just remembered that I forgot to add my normal weekly QR code to this page!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ga_L and IntenseMagic like this.
  15. Scrapping with Liz

Woohoo! 2 weeks down. I even scrapped 6 MOC pages this weekend...the only time I have to scrap is on the weekends.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ga_L and IntenseMagic like this.
  16. Scrapping with Liz

Somehow I'm keeping up with this while scrapping MOC pages.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ga_L and Lynnette like this.
  17. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I can't decide what to do for 2022! I am thinking I will probably stick to weekly pages (it works for me) but January was so lame I might just do one page or spread for the whole month. I am still plugging away on 2021 pages - currently on week 41.

18. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Is this 9x12 size? And how do you print once you have a complete book?

19. Pachimac

I have week 1 in the gallery, but week 2 I did with a different site's kit, so I can't post it.

20. carolinadjb

carolinadjb Well-Known Member

I’m in the same boat. Finishing up 2021 and bummed that the start of 2022 has been so uneventful. But I’ll probably stick to the weekly format anyway and just try to squeeze what I can out of January. Ill just use a lot of filler cards if I have to.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    Lynnette likes this.