Games | pad patter 12.28.21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Dec 28, 2021.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

[​IMG]

What was your favorite board game as a kid? And what is your favorite game now?

2. keepscrappin

As a kid monopoly was my favorite game. And now it's skull king.

3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

221b Baker Street.
    I still have it and TJ likes it a lot too.

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

My fav board game as a kid wasn't a board game, but rather Milton Bradley's Try-it marble maze ...

[​IMG]

I rec'd it for my birthday in 6th or 7th grade (mid-1960s) and played with it all the time. Another fav was "Cootie."

I'm still not a big board game fan, but I'd say Trouble is my favorite game to play with my grandkids. Candy Land is my least favorite game, I much prefer chutes and ladders.

keepscrappin and bestcee like this.
  5. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

Aggravation.

(Not my images, but this is exactly what the one I played with as a kid looked like.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I haven't thought about it in a very long time and googled for images of it. I see they still make a version of it now; I should get one and play it with my daughter, who loves board and card games.

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Candyland. LOL

Honestly, we didn't play too many board games. Mom and Dad just didn't sit down with me to play. Mom was always grading papers in the evenings and Dad would take his shower after dinner then sit down to read the paper and we went to bed early since Dad got up early for work. He worked construction and usually traveled at least an hour each way every day making long days for him.

In my 20's I would play board games with myself. Not that fun. We would play cards when the family gathered, usually "Spoons" and later "31". When I'd visit my cousin's after she got married and before kids, we would play the card game, Mille Bourne. That was a hoot. With the advent of computers, I have begun to love them more. When I pull out my laptop, I'll play Clue or The Game of Life for hours.

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm not a game player. My cousin cheated at Candyland and I was so frustrated that I cried and cried.

Even now, I don't really like to play games. I will play Farkle (dice).

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm not sure which was my favorite as a kid but I know I played Clue, Monopoly, and Careers a lot with my siblings.

All my adult life my favorite board game has been Scrabble. A very close second would be Scattergories. Unfortunately, those are not my family's favorites so I don't play them much. Thank goodness for Words With Friends! :D

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I LOVED board games as a kid, but my sister hated them, so I would literally bribe her to play with me! I loved Life, Monopoly & Scattegories.

We play a lot of games as a family- we just went through our game baskets & reorganized since the new ones from Christmas wouldn't fit any longer! lol A few of our faves are scrabble, monopoly, parchessi & yahtzee. We play a lot of card games too- BS, Rummy, Cribbage.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

Kid - Chutes and Ladders, Sorry, Trouble.

Teen - Scrabble, Upwords, Pictionary, Balderdash

I love board games. Alas, my family, not so much.....

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

As a kid, probably Sorry.
    As I got older word games were my fave: Scrabble and Boggle (LOVE Boggle)

I still love word games but nobody really likes to play with me...because I dominate. Haha!

We love games around here. I think we got 6 new games for Christmas from family members. We just played Suburbia. It took a bit to figure out but was really fun.

My 11-year-old LOVES Monopoly and she owns 6 different versions. She got Lion King Monopoly for Christmas...we spent 3 evenings playing it. Have I mentioned that Monopoly is my least favorite? That's true LOVE right there. Haha.

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

We used to have so many board games as kids, but my favorite was Scrabble.

Now we don't have many board games in the house, having a teenager that loves his gaming pc means its rare he comes to join us. But we do like card games and Uno and Cards Against Humanity are in amongst our small collection og games we own.

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. keepscrappin

I've never heard of the 221b baker street game, but from the name I'm guessing it's a Sherlock Holmes mystery game and that sounds so fun. I've loved watching all the sherlock tv shows and movies.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  14. keepscrappin

That maze looks fun and reminds me of the labyrinth game we had as kids. One of my kids loved playing trouble and while I love the game, but pushing that the hard plastic pop bubble to roll the dice kills my hands.

15. keepscrappin

Now that you mention it, I remember Aggravation and I loved that as a kid too.

16. keepscrappin

A Candyland cheat, no fun! :giggle I've never played Farkle but we bought one so hopefully I can get someone to play it with me. My hubby and DD who live at home aren't much for board or card games like my older kids were.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  17. keepscrappin

I'm not sure I've ever played scrabble because we don't own it and my game loving mom didn't play it ever, but I have played words with friends (ages ago) and liked it.

michelepixels likes this.
  18. keepscrappin

:giggle bribing people to play games with me is the name of the game at my house. I had to bribe my hubby to play some games with me on NYE since everyone else was gone with friends. I'm so jelly that your family will play with you. I didn't get to play card games with extended family on Christmas Eve and on New Years Day while the non-gamers watched the rose bowl.

amien1 likes this.
  19. keepscrappin

I feel your pain with having family that doesn't like to play games with you. My mom loved playing games so my little sister and I played games with her almost every night.

20. keepscrappin

I'll have to go check out Surburbia. I had to laugh when you said Monopoly is your least favorite. I know I put Monopoly as my fav as a kid, but I can't stand it as an adult. I got so sick of it when my son was younger and we had to play it all the time. :giggle

Scrapping with Liz likes this.